Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2018, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Went to the eye doctor yesterday and found out that the pressure in my eyes has gone up and it's now about 4 mm over what is normal. A year ago it was just barely over the normal range. There's a history of glaucoma in my family, so this is something I've worried about - and had checked - for a long time.

The good news is that the doctor did a very thorough exam of my optic nerves and there is no sign of any damage yet. But now I have to see her every 3 months to keep checking it. If it goes any higher, I'll have to start using drops. Which will be VERY difficult. I'm so sensitive to having anything close to my eyes - I'm just not sure I'll be able to manage that.

~Heidi
Old 06-13-2018, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gosh I could never do drops. Fingers crossed for you.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

People think that if you've worn glasses all your life, like I have, that you get desensitized to such things. It's actually the exact opposite. My old eye doctor had a secondary specialty in psychology and he worked on some studies of long-term eye patients and what all the repeated exams and getting the drops and tests and all that from an early age do to a person. They found that for people who started that before the age of 12, they were often so sensitive that even making an appointment with an eye doctor would cause them to have increased anxiety. They were also much more prone to panic attacks during an exam. I was so lucky to have him as my doctor for most of my life because he knew a lot of ways to make the process easier. I've never actually had a panic attack during an exam, but I've had doctors who had to practically strap me into the chair to get the drops in.

~Heidi
Old 06-14-2018, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah have glasses BECAUSE I can't touch my eyes - or I would have contacts.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I tried for years - when my vanity exceeded my good sense - to convince my doctor to give my contacts. But he always told me I'd never be able to use them properly.

~Heidi
Old 06-15-2018, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly I won't even try. I do really like how I look with glasses anyway.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have "Lazy Eye" so for most of my life one eye had perfect vision and the other I couldn't see a thing. So right after I graduated from college I decided to stop wearing my glasses. I did that for about 5 years and I loved it. Not really because of the looks - but it was just nice not having to wear them. But then I developed astigmatism in my good eye and had to go back to the glasses. That's when I started asking about contacts.

~Heidi
Old 06-16-2018, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So Heidi is the only one that's gonna care about this more than likely - but my friend has backside credentials for the racetracks because she works for one of the principal racing photography companies. She got me and her dad in with her this morning, and we watched Justify gallop, then were watching them cool him out around the shed row. Bob Baffert was leading him for a bit and he said hi to us, and in the brief conversation we had her dad casually mentioned that she brought him there for Father's Day. Bob said "for Father's Day? Come up and stand next to him, then." So her dad went up next to the horse and put his hand on his neck and my friend took photos of him. It was the sweetest thing on Bob's part and her dad was SO excited.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
So Heidi is the only one that's gonna care about this more than likely - but my friend has backside credentials for the racetracks because she works for one of the principal racing photography companies. She got me and her dad in with her this morning, and we watched Justify gallop, then were watching them cool him out around the shed row. Bob Baffert was leading him for a bit and he said hi to us, and in the brief conversation we had her dad casually mentioned that she brought him there for Father's Day. Bob said "for Father's Day? Come up and stand next to him, then." So her dad went up next to the horse and put his hand on his neck and my friend took photos of him. It was the sweetest thing on Bob's part and her dad was SO excited.
That is awesome, Nicole! It's so great when celebrities are so willing to spend a few minutes of their time to give their fans a special memory like that. I'm sure your friend and her dad will treasure that moment - and the pictures.

~Heidi
Old 06-18-2018, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it made her dad's entire weekend.

And I'm home! I had a ton of fun this weekend, but I was glad to sleep in my own bed last night - even though I didn't get to Kentucky until Friday, I hadn't spent a night in my bed since last Tuesday due to trading a few shifts so I could have the weekend off.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I cannot imagine the mileage you're putting on your car! But I can't blame you - not one bit.

~Heidi
Old 06-18-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just don't look at the odometer.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I stun even myself at the fact that my almost 3 year old car has less than 5,000 miles on it.

~Heidi
Old 06-19-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha yeah my car is at least 60,000 more miles and it's the same age.

Sad news: the theater in Louisville had a lobby fire last week and they announced today they won't be able to get it fixed in time for Waitress.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh no! Did you have tickets?

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread