Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2018, 09:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately (this tends to be a cycle, heh. >///<) but now that one job is kinda slowing down, I'm hoping to post more.

News of my life: Received federal tax refund and bought a DSLR camera with a third of it. Oops.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice! What camera is it?

Old 03-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For US folks - don't forget to set your clocks! Daylight Savings ends tomorrow!

New toys are always fun! Congrats, Kim.

~Heidi
Old 03-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Canon Rebel T6
Old 03-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
Canon Rebel T6
Canon >>>>>>>>>>> Nikon so excellent choice. I got mine a couple years ago and it's a T5 Rebel so very similar!

Old 03-11-2018, 12:18 AM
Loyal Fan

My current camera is a Nikon Coolpix and it's a really nice one, and I love it to death, but I've always wanted a DSLR camera so I played it safe and bought the same model my sister has. Heh. I plan on using both cameras. The Canon will be more for pictures, and the nikon will be more for video because it has a great sound quality (hence no shutter). I'm excited, and I hope it arrives soon! I have a photo gig in two weeks.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really need to upgrade, I've done pretty much all I can with mine, but I want to save up for a better lens first. Lenses make the photos more than the body does. But any lenses better than the ones I already have are upwards of $1200.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lenses are so much fun to play with. Back when all we had was film cameras I had a really sweet Olympus with about 6 different lenses. I had a blast with that thing.

~Heidi
Old 03-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes! It comes tomorrow, and I can't wait to use Zeke (my dog) as its first test subject.

On a different note, I feel so proud of myself.
(I'm only telling this story because I need to tell someone, lol)

For the first time in a long time, I was able to play a prank on my sister and NOT get caught by it! Earlier, we were about to go somewhere, but I told her I needed to go to the bathroom first. Not wanting me to use the downstairs restroom, she ran in there herself to use it, so I had to use the one upstairs (because I didn't want to wait for her to be done). In my anger, I thought about locking her bedroom door, but I knew that would be WAY TOO obvious, lol.

But then I had an evil idea. Heh.

So, instead, I just... turned the lock, but left it open. That way, if she closes it herself, she'll think she it was an honest mistake. So... a few hours later, she was in a haste to get to work, and when she went to grab something from her room, she couldn't get in. A few seconds later, she came to my room and asked me to use a bobby-pin to unlock her door for her (since I'm the only one who seems to know how to do that trick), and I'm like:
Sure! Okay!

If she ever marries, Imma gonna share this during my Maid of Honor speech. She'll never see it coming.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Isn't all that sibling rivalry supposed to fade as you get older?

~Heidi
Old 03-14-2018, 10:39 PM
Loyal Fan

With my family, it'll never fade hahaha.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know what you mean. My brother and I were never much for practical jokes, but we used to try to outdo each other in insults. We still get into that every so often - just for fun - and the rest of the family look at us like we completely regressed.

~Heidi
Old 03-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I know what you mean. My brother and I were never much for practical jokes, but we used to try to outdo each other in insults. We still get into that every so often - just for fun - and the rest of the family look at us like we completely regressed.
My family and I aren't huge on practical jokes either, but the competitive nature was strooong. Like think Ross and Monica Gellar strong. I was better in sports and she was better in school - which frustrated her because sports were "cooler" to be better at, and which frustrated me because unless you're like scary good at sports, it's more long term advantageous to be better in school.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My brother was definitely the sports person. He was a kicker on the football team in high school and he was very good at golf - possibly good enough to go pro, although my parents squashed that, insisting that he go to college.

My vision makes it almost impossible for me to do most sports. Any ball thrown in my direction will probably hit me long before I can figure out where it is. And I quite literally cannot hit the broad side of a barn. I've tried - and missed.

We were never in the same school at the same time but there were many times I followed him into a school - and had to work hard to reverse the impression teachers and others had about our family. My brother was a good student - but he was also a... free spirit is the best term. He didn't intentionally cause problems, and he usually wasn't doing anything that was *specified* as being against the rules. But once he did them - suddenly they were.

~Heidi
Old 03-19-2018, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I saw Love, Simon today with a friend and oh my gosh, it was everything. I only wish fifteen year old me could have seen it, but twenty five year old me is still so happy to have it in my l life now. I'm usually worried about book to movie adaptions, but I loved the movie every bit as much as the book.

I start my new job tonight, in other news! I'm pretty nervous, but not so much about the job - I'm worried I won't be able to sleep enough this evening to be able to get through work and THEN go into counselling at eleven tomorrow.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread