Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That's a really good analysis, comparing this episode to Young Hearts Spark Fire. And like that episode, the young man did something rather foolish to impress his girl that got them into a lot of a danger. In the former, Walter protested that the young man's foolish acts put so many people in danger and cost so much. Now, he better understands why love can sometimes make one do foolish or reckless things.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We're back to season 4 as Scorpion races to save a pair of young lovers in peril - while at least one of the Scorpion couples takes a significant leap forward.

~Heidi
Old 05-26-2019, 07:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

This was another episode of season 4 that were showing big red flags as to what was to come. Paige still upset about Walter's dream over all the episode was good didn't like Waige having another stupid fight. Then the romance gets interrupted by Meatloaf at the end
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:20 AM
Absolute Fan

I've watched this one a few times, it's a great episode. I love Cabe being romantic, Walter apologising to the children and Sylvester calling Paige a bully. Paige's insecurities were referenced more than once in this ep and she seemed to understand how badly it was affecting her behaviour - if only she'd realised that she really needed to do something about it!
Old 06-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One of the great things about this episode is how it combined good friends for meaningful conversations - especially since all the romantic combinations were failing utterly.

I love Sly's talk with Paige, but I don't think it really penetrates for her at that time. She just sort of rolls her eyes. Although I do like that she apologized to Florence at the end, and alsto to Walter, so it seems that something sank in.

Happy telling Cabe to man up is excellent - and I love that Cabe uses the same exact speech on Griffin.

I also really like Walter working with Ralph and the rest of the kids, especially his glimmers of understanding for Ralph's plight with Patty.

Toby and Allie working together is a pairing I'd love to have seen more of.

It is frustrating that Meatball interrupted Walter & Paige at a crucial juncture, but they did at least have a good talk, which is something Waige needed a lot more of.

~Heidi
Old 06-02-2019, 09:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
One of the great things about this episode is how it combined good friends for meaningful conversations - especially since all the romantic combinations were failing utterly.

I love Sly's talk with Paige, but I don't think it really penetrates for her at that time. She just sort of rolls her eyes. Although I do like that she apologized to Florence at the end, and alsto to Walter, so it seems that something sank in.

Happy telling Cabe to man up is excellent - and I love that Cabe uses the same exact speech on Griffin.

I also really like Walter working with Ralph and the rest of the kids, especially his glimmers of understanding for Ralph's plight with Patty.

It is frustrating that Meatball interrupted Walter & Paige at a crucial juncture, but they did at least have a good talk, which is something Waige needed a lot more of.
Waige getting interrupted seemed to be the theme of the entire series I thought it would change in season 4 after they got together but no it did not. I am sure Paige made it up to Walter after Meatball went home We Built the Pyramids wrote a M rated fan fic about it

Last edited by Earnie; 06-02-2019 at 09:16 AM
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)

I think Paige was just being typically defensive when Sylvester accused her of bullying, but she must have realised later that he was making a good point.

I totally agree about Toby and Allie and in fact I've started to expand on the theme of their friendship a little in Sunshine and Sea Air. There will be more in 'Volume 2'... when I get round to writing it!

And I also wrote a little post-episode one-shot after this episode. It's not M-rated like Nicole's, but I was more interested in Walter's relationship with Ralph after what happened in the ep. Here's the link for anyone who hasn't read it: Midnight Dad (There is a little bit of Waige in there too... )

Last edited by Cyclone139; 06-02-2019 at 12:08 PM
Cyclone139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread