Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2018, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4.14 “Lighthouse of the Rising Sun” Air Date 22-Jan-2018

</scorpion> Episode 4.14 Lighthouse of the Rising Sun

Quote:
A SOLAR STORM KNOCKS OUT POWER IN LOS ANGELES AND TEAM SCORPION MUST HELP A TEEN PILOT AND HIS GIRLFRIEND WHO ARE LOST OVER THE PACIFIC WITHOUT NAVIGATION OR RADIO CONTACT, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, JAN. 22

“Lighthouse of the Rising Sun” – A solar storm knocks out power in Los Angeles, and Team Scorpion must help a teen pilot and his girlfriend who are lost over the Pacific without navigation or radio contact. Also, during the crisis, Walter must look after a group of Ralph’s classmates, and Cabe tries to tell Allie finally that he loves her, on SCORPION, Monday, Jan. 22 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion, Cabe is gearing up to tell Allie that he loves her. How could anyone resist @RobertPatrickT2?! @ScorpionCBS #CBS 1/22 10pm http://bit.ly/2CsTqKv
Source

Promo, Sneak Peeks and Promo Photos

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 06-02-2019 at 03:32 PM
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, this one looks good!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A remote lighthouse by candle or lantern light sounds romantic, but I'm betting it won't be!

~Heidi
Old 01-22-2018, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked this episode! I found the kids to be kinda cheesy, but they're one offs so I can deal with them. The case was interesting, and the concept was more realistic than a lot of what they do. Cabe and Allie are super cute, I absolutely loved the whiz kids and the Walter/Ralph stuff. Florence's little grin when Paige said they were friends was so freaking adorable, and Waige reaffirming their trust in each other had me melting.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved this episode Walter and the Whiz Kids I love it when Walter is put in situations he doesn't know how to deal it with like normal kids Ralph is different he is like Walter
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:56 PM
Absolute Fan

I loved that the overall solar flare emergency was huge in scale, but Scorpion was only dealing with a small, very personal aspect. The small scale cases always seem to convey more warmth.

I particularly loved how Walter apologised to the children at the end for his behaviour. He did it without any prompting from Paige showing another step in his development.

It was good to see Paige and Sylvester working together for a change and I loved how Sly made her see she was being a bully to Florence - I wonder if his defence of Flo is a sign of his developing feelings for her?

For the third episode running Toby's skills have been called into play to calm someone down.

Cabe was so sweet! I loved his speech at the end. It was great to see Allie helping out too.

It was great to see so much of Ralph! I was a little annoyed that Walter tried to dismiss his offers of help, but I understand why he acted that way and he made up for it in the end.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
I loved that the overall solar flare emergency was huge in scale, but Scorpion was only dealing with a small, very personal aspect. The small scale cases always seem to convey more warmth.

I particularly loved how Walter apologised to the children at the end for his behaviour. He did it without any prompting from Paige showing another step in his development.

It was good to see Paige and Sylvester working together for a change and I loved how Sly made her see she was being a bully to Florence - I wonder if his defence of Flo is a sign of his developing feelings for her?

For the third episode running Toby's skills have been called into play to calm someone down.

Cabe was so sweet! I loved his speech at the end. It was great to see Allie helping out too.

It was great to see so much of Ralph! I was a little annoyed that Walter tried to dismiss his offers of help, but I understand why he acted that way and he made up for it in the end.
I don't think Walter was defending Flo because he is starting to have feelings for her but I think like Sly he felt Paige was being a bully to Flo.

Last edited by Earnie; 01-23-2018 at 05:05 PM
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a great return to what Scorpion does best - really tension-filled action where you don't know how they are going to save the day - but it turns out to be really inventive and fascinating. And while they're all about that, the characters are showing their unique humanity.

I love Sly telling Paige she was being a bully. He's right - and he knows how to reach her where she lives. I'm glad it led to not only an apology to Flo - but also her confession to Walter. We've had discussions here before about wanting to see the show have someone call Paige out on the fact that she doesn't always treat people - especially geniuses or near-geniuses - the way she would insist people treat her son. And also to see her own up to it. This episode delivered on both counts.

Quintis and Callie on a bizarre double-date - Scorpion style! It was fated that neither couple would get to enjoy their lighthouse interlude - but I love that Cabe went through with his own plans - not caring who saw it or heard it. Cabe really has game!

I'm beginning to thaw - just a little - to Ralph/Patty - but please let's not call them Ratty. It seems like Patty may not be completely oblivious to Ralph's feelings. At least I hope not. I'd hate to see her lead him on - even unknowingly.

~Heidi
Old 01-28-2018, 01:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'm beginning to thaw - just a little - to Ralph/Patty - but please let's not call them Ratty. It seems like Patty may not be completely oblivious to Ralph's feelings. At least I hope not. I'd hate to see her lead him on - even unknowingly.
I don't know if I'm warming to the idea of Ralph/Patty (no, not Ratty! ) so much, but I did enjoy seeing Patty having a little more to do in this ep. It would be nice to learn a little more about her, something about her family, maybe? Why is she so driven? Why the interest in politics? And on that note I'm glad that Sylvester has decided to run for re-election.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am not warming to that idea at allllll haha. A three year age difference isn't a big deal once you're college age or older, I don't think, but when the younger one is 13 that is just too weird to me.

Quote:
We've had discussions here before about wanting to see the show have someone call Paige out on the fact that she doesn't always treat people - especially geniuses or near-geniuses - the way she would insist people treat her son. And also to see her own up to it. This episode delivered on both counts.
Agree very much, that was great.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ralph is, at least IMO, still too young to actually date - and certainly not someone who is 15. But I do think the crush is sort of cute - I just wish it wasn't ALL that we seem to see of Ralph.

~Heidi
Old 01-28-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ralph is, at least IMO, still too young to actually date - and certainly not someone who is 15. But I do think the crush is sort of cute - I just wish it wasn't ALL that we seem to see of Ralph.
Yeah agreed. A crush is fine but it's consuming his character this year. And yeah I agree, dating under 14 seems too young to me, though I know people mature at different rates.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh, yes, it would be too weird for them to actually go on a date, but it's cute that Ralph is starting to develop those feelings. They could give us so much more about him growing up, though.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Taking this off the top - but keep discussing!

~Heidi
Old 02-03-2018, 01:44 PM
New Fan

“Lighthouse of the Rising Sun” (S04 E14) reminded me of “Young Hearts Spark Fire” (S01 E19). You had young love[rs] with their lives on the line. They had to be rescued by Team Scorpion. You had trust, risk, and declarations of love. (Remember—that season-one episode marked Toby’s declaration of love to Happy.) We also had Paige level with Walter that he is the one to look after those [whiz] kids. (In “Young Hearts…,” Toby levels with Walter that he is the one to look after recognizing what—make that who—he needs and wants.) I liked Walter challenged and appreciating children. He would, if he does not think it, would be a caring, loving, and responsible parent. (He has become one with Ralph.)
Candy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread