Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG Kevin Bacon will be there too, I love him <3 Can't wait for that show.

Thanks for all the links, Thirza.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's awesome
Old 04-29-2017, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

Yw

Quote:
An important project for her was Ned Benson’s The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby, a little-seen work about a fracturing relationship that was made in two feature-length versions: His and Hers, plus an abbreviated combination of the two, released as Them. Chastain starred in it and also produced it. She remembers talking with Benson about the film during the course of years, and the idea of getting her favourite actress, Isabelle Huppert, involved — in a role, what’s more, as Chastain’s mother.

“Never did I ever think that it would come to fruition,” she says. “but I had the opportunity to get to know her in 2011,” (Chastain’s breakthrough year) “and I called her up and said, ‘Do you want to join me on the set?’, and I was really shocked when she said yes.”
Him and Her

Quote:
Being involved in production is important to Chastain. She has a company, Freckle Films, whose focus she describes as “enabling female directors, writers and producers, and getting up stories of people who have really not had a voice. Most of the stuff I’m developing is not for me to play.”

Books the company has optioned so far include The Magician’s Lie, a period novel about a famous illusionist accused of her husband’s murder, and Life and Other Near-Death Experiences, the tale of a compulsive optimist who makes dramatic changes to her life. There’s also a project about a group of South African women who band together to fight elephant poachers, to be written by playwright and Walking Dead star Danai Gurira.

Looking ahead, Chastain has completed several films to be released this year, including Susanna White’s Woman Walks Ahead, in which she plays an artist who sets out to paint the portrait of Sitting Bull; Molly’s Game, the directing debut of writer Aaron Sorkin, about a woman who runs a high-stakes poker game; and The Death and Life of John F. Donovan, an English-language feature from French-Canadian filmmaker Xavier Dolan.
Quote:
She’s also revved up about a forthcoming project, a biopic of country legends Tammy Wynette and George Jones, to be directed by Taylor Hackford. “I’m going to play Tammy Wynette opposite Josh Brolin, and I’m so excited to work with him,” she says. She describes the film as “a dark script, an incredible love story … it’s like they’re the Sid and Nancy of the country music scene.”

Her preparation has already involved everything from watching YouTube videos to reading Wynette’s Southern Cookbook (even though Chastain is a vegan), plus every book she can lay her hands on. There also has been plenty of musical preparation. “I’m taking singing lessons, I’m working with someone I worked with at Juilliard, and I’m also working with T-Bone Burnett.”

And there will be the things she keeps to herself: The secrets of becoming Wynette that are hers, and hers alone.

Jessica Chastain on The Zookeeper’s Wife: her little secrets
Old 04-30-2017, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for those
Old 05-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so excited to hear her (surely) beautiful singing voice
Old 05-02-2017, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's going to be awesome
Old 05-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

I too am thrilled that she's going to sing. Her CP lullaby was not enough.

Jessica Chastain’s Freckle Films Taps Kelly Carmichael To Head Production & Development

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Carmichael, the former production exec at The Weinstein Company and Miramax and co-founder of indie film and TV production company 375 Pictures, has been hired as president of production and development at Jessica Chastain’s Freckle Films. In her new role she will oversee the New York-based production and development company’s original slate with a focus on nurturing and supporting female talent across all aspects of production.

Chastain launched Freckle Films in February 2016 which came with a first-look overhead deal with Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray’s Maven Pictures. Among the projects in the works from that partnership is The Magician’s Lie by Greer Macallister, being adapted by Mr. Holmes scribe Jeffrey Hatcher, about a renowned female illusionist who must clear her name when she’s accused of murder; and Life And Other Near Death Experiences, based on the book by Camilla Pagan, being adapted by Laura Terruso (Hello My Name Is Doris) with Patricia Riggen (The 33) attached to direct. That one centers on a newly single woman whose husband has come out of the closet receives an aggressive cancer diagnosis and heads to the Caribbean in an attempt to rediscover herself.

Other projects at Freckle include Loving Frank, Nancy Horan’s bestseller that tells the story of the remarkable and scandalous love affair between Mamah Borthwick Cheney and Frank Lloyd Wright, and a project based on the true story of the Black Mambas, an all-female anti-poaching unit in South Africa.
Cannes: Nicole Kidman, Jessica Chastain to Chair 2017 AmFAR Gala

Last edited by Tisha89; 05-03-2017 at 12:11 PM
Old 05-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the note
Old 05-05-2017, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

YW

Old 05-05-2017, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome
Old 05-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Old 05-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"First of all, the nose is great."

Agreed, Jessica does have a beautiful nose

Love the videos, and loved that she was the one who got Michael to break dance pretending she didn't know what it was
Old 05-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Absolutely. Diane Keaton knows how to spot a great nose.

Come on Hollywood, it's about time Jessica and Michael work together. It's been years and so far nothing.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Those were fab

well done Diane

Michael dancing
Old 05-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Master Fan