Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2017, 04:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
They took down the tweet I posted. Maybe they didn't want to spoil the title. Too late

I think both Iris and Caitlin are often sidelined in their own stories. That is unacceptable. All the other DCTV shows have better female representation
Which tweet?

I do agree i want more girl storyline on their own away from love or the flash
Old 07-06-2017, 06:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Which tweet?

I do agree i want more girl storyline on their own away from love or the flash
like what? the show is called the Flash not Iris investigated show, or Killer Frost. its not Law and Order or Mystery theater. sometimes they have to much going on that they can't even do a decent show.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Because it's "The Flash" doesn't mean all characters but the flash should be ignored though.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Which tweet?
The Flash Production Office account tweeted about the title of the premiere but then deleted the tweet.

@hereforshorttime, I didn't like how they dealt with Flashpoint either. The show is called The Flash and not Iris Investigates or Killer Frost but it's the writers who decided Iris was going to be an investigative reporter and Caitlin was going to become Killer Frost. The least the fans could expect is for the show to follow through. Instead Iris is an investigative reporter who hardly investigates anything and the Killer Frost story made no sense. Barry isn't always treated the best but he has a PoV and is not sidelined in his own story. Most of the time, that isn't the case for Iris and Caitlin. My problem with Barry, and I have complained 100 times about this, is that he is not shown as a brilliant CSI anymore and gets dumbed down for Team Science.

And Caitlin tearing into Barry in 3x07 is just another example of the writers half-assing Caitlin's story.

But let's agree to disagree
Old 07-07-2017, 06:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The Flash Production Office account tweeted about the title of the premiere but then deleted the tweet.

@hereforshorttime, I didn't like how they dealt with Flashpoint either. The show is called The Flash and not Iris Investigates or Killer Frost but it's the writers who decided Iris was going to be an investigative reporter and Caitlin was going to become Killer Frost. The least the fans could expect is for the show to follow through. Instead Iris is an investigative reporter who hardly investigates anything and the Killer Frost story made no sense. Barry isn't always treated the best but he has a PoV and is not sidelined in his own story. Most of the time, that isn't the case for Iris and Caitlin. My problem with Barry, and I have complained 100 times about this, is that he is not shown as a brilliant CSI anymore and gets dumbed down for Team Science.

And Caitlin tearing into Barry in 3x07 is just another example of the writers half-assing Caitlin's story.

But let's agree to disagree
my thing is that it mostly bothers me is people saying they like Iris best when she is not Barry's love interest. that she was better with Eddie, that its just a knock towards Grant that he doesn't have chemistry with her. and the killer frost and Savitar storyline sucked. please Barry calling Wally Wallace and saying my child to everyone. yeah right. screw the writers. I am pretty upset with myself because I can't stand looking at Grant now. but show me that Tylershield picture and I'm swooning. I just feel defeated and just really hopeless.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforshorttime (View Post)
my thing is that it mostly bothers me is people saying they like Iris best when she is not Barry's love interest. that she was better with Eddie, that its just a knock towards Grant that he doesn't have chemistry with her. and the killer frost and Savitar storyline sucked. please Barry calling Wally Wallace and saying my child to everyone. yeah right. screw the writers. I am pretty upset with myself because I can't stand looking at Grant now. but show me that Tylershield picture and I'm swooning. I just feel defeated and just really hopeless.
No. Those who spew this bs are the racists and white feminists who can't stand the lead in a relationship with a black woman.

Saying that Iris was better off when she wasn't with Barry must be a joke When Patty was there and WA was ignored Iris was left without a PoV, sidelined in her own story, off screen when important stuff was going on and treated as a cheerleader for Spallen. Does this sound like a better character to these fakes? No real Iris fan would wish another S2 on her. These people are transparent as glass

Yes they like Iris the best when she's not with Barry because the racist strong black woman who needs no man stereotype is what they are used to That also gives them hope that Barry will finally give his time of day to the white flavor of the month. I've literally seen people go from Caitlin to Patty to Kara. Anything white will do Trust me, it's not a slight against Grant. They are just pressed that Candice gets to be his leading lady They shade Grant and say he has no chemistry with her but then you'll find them writing essays on Snowbarry, Spallen and SuperFlash. Grant has chemistry with everyone but the black girl who got the role because of her chemistry with him? They can stay mad for all I care.

I've been in this fandom since S1 and I've met maybe four people who genuinely shipped Iris and Eddie. Everyone else showed up when he was killed off. If they liked him for real, they'd praise him and the ship when he was alive not wait for the character to bite the dust. Poor Eddie deserved better than fake fans who use him to further their anti-WA agenda and as a cover for their Snowbarry and Spallen fantasies In S1 these people were too busy finding reasons why they couldn't connect with Iris to ship her with Eddie. And lbr, Eddie and Iris barely got any screen time as a couple. Most of their scenes were used to give Barry angst and revolved around WA. Ronnie and Caitlin might have gotten more genuine moments and he was a guest star.

Also, I have a feeling that all the Barry bashing that has been going on after Flashpoint is actually a result of WA going canon. Barry has always been flawed but now people want to be extra and act like he's a villain? Iris deserves better than Barry but apparently the same logic doesn't apply to Caitlin, Patty or Kara.

Then there's my favorite excuse. Iris is too mature for Barry. She deserves to be with a man not a boy. Says the Snowbarry and Spallen shipper, like both Caitlin and Patty aren't older than Iris

Sorry, I got carried away.

As for Savitar, he seemed to talk differently when he was in the suit. He lost that God-like attitude and way of speaking (using phrases like my child...) once he was revealed to be a time remnant of Barry. Maybe they thought that it was odd for someone that young-looking to talk like that.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
No. Those who spew this bs are the racists and white feminists who can't stand the lead in a relationship with a black woman.

Saying that Iris was better off when she wasn't with Barry must be a joke When Patty was there and WA was ignored Iris was left without a PoV, sidelined in her own story, off screen when important stuff was going on and treated as a cheerleader for Spallen. Does this sound like a better character to these fakes? No real Iris fan would wish another S2 on her. These people are transparent as glass

Yes they like Iris the best when she's not with Barry because the racist strong black woman who needs no man stereotype is what they are used to That also gives them hope that Barry will finally give his time of day to the white flavor of the month. I've literally seen people go from Caitlin to Patty to Kara. Anything white will do Trust me, it's not a slight against Grant. They are just pressed that Candice gets to be his leading lady They shade Grant and say he has no chemistry with her but then you'll find them writing essays on Snowbarry, Spallen and SuperFlash. Grant has chemistry with everyone but the black girl who got the role because of her chemistry with him? They can stay mad for all I care.

I've been in this fandom since S1 and I've met maybe four people who genuinely shipped Iris and Eddie. Everyone else showed up when he was killed off. If they liked him for real, they'd praise him and the ship when he was alive not wait for the character to bite the dust. Poor Eddie deserved better than fake fans who use him to further their anti-WA agenda and as a cover for their Snowbarry and Spallen fantasies In S1 these people were too busy finding reasons why they couldn't connect with Iris to ship her with Eddie. And lbr, Eddie and Iris barely got any screen time as a couple. Most of their scenes were used to give Barry angst and revolved around WA. Ronnie and Caitlin might have gotten more genuine moments and he was a guest star.

Also, I have a feeling that all the Barry bashing that has been going on after Flashpoint is actually a result of WA going canon. Barry has always been flawed but now people want to be extra and act like he's a villain? Iris deserves better than Barry but apparently the same logic doesn't apply to Caitlin, Patty or Kara.

Then there's my favorite excuse. Iris is too mature for Barry. She deserves to be with a man not a boy. Says the Snowbarry and Spallen shipper, like both Caitlin and Patty aren't older than Iris

Sorry, I got carried away.

As for Savitar, he seemed to talk differently when he was in the suit. He lost that God-like attitude and way of speaking (using phrases like my child...) once he was revealed to be a time remnant of Barry. Maybe they thought that it was odd for someone that young-looking to talk like that.
I can't really agree with this yet I do know some people want the white version of Iris West, and are pretty sickening on what they say about Candice. but the people that I got the negative Grant stuff, drink tea or sip tea or always talking about taking a sip of tea.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:41 AM
Supreme Fan

They don't need to admit they want the white version of Iris West to be biased towards interracial couples. They don't even have to be comic readers. Liking Barry with everyone but Iris and lying about the great storylines she could have if she weren't with him is enough of a red flag.

I don't know about the sip tea thing. I am aware there are Grant haters out there who bash him for stupid stuff but I was referring to the people who say

Quote:
I like Iris best when she is not Barry's love interest.
and

Quote:
She was better with Eddie.
Those are the people you mentioned in your previous post and I can assure you that 99.9% of the time those fans have a problem with Candice in the love interest role and not Grant. They say Grant has no chemistry with Candice but then write essays on how cute/adorable/funny Barry and the white women are so how can Grant be the problem?

Iris got the most hate in S1 when she was with Eddie but now these people come out of the woodwork and act like they have always liked her and Eddie? Where were they when the media were pushing SB in S1 and Iris got all this flack? Nitpicking Iris' actions and shipping SB. That's where they were

This is the last thing I'll say about the subject because I don't think we're supposed to talk about the fandom here.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

See i dont mind iris and i like her and barry but i liked the character of Eddie he was a good character i wish he came back not just for iris but for joe and having a friend kr partner
Old 07-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
They don't need to admit they want the white version of Iris West to be biased towards interracial couples. They don't even have to be comic readers. Liking Barry with everyone but Iris and lying about the great storylines she could have if she weren't with him is enough of a red flag.

I don't know about the sip tea thing. I am aware there are Grant haters out there who bash him for stupid stuff but I was referring to the people who say

and

Those are the people you mentioned in your previous post and I can assure you that 99.9% of the time those fans have a problem with Candice in the love interest role and not Grant. They say Grant has no chemistry with Candice but then write essays on how cute/adorable/funny Barry and the white women are so how can Grant be the problem?

Iris got the most hate in S1 when she was with Eddie but now these people come out of the woodwork and act like they have always liked her and Eddie? Where were they when the media were pushing SB in S1 and Iris got all this flack? Nitpicking Iris' actions and shipping SB. That's where they were

This is the last thing I'll say about the subject because I don't think we're supposed to talk about the fandom here.
yep I done talking about it too. (not a fan of Eddie he was Gary Stu still mad about his remark towards Barry when he didn't find him after Eabard took him) I think I am going to stop with Grants board. not much going on maybe wait till comic con
Old 07-10-2017, 03:41 AM
Supreme Fan

It looks like Grant is keeping the beard for the first episode.

This fan met him on Saturday and we know he's been filming last week
Old 07-10-2017, 08:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
See i dont mind iris and i like her and barry but i liked the character of Eddie he was a good character i wish he came back not just for iris but for joe and having a friend kr partner
If I had to choose a character to return, it'd be Linda. The cast is male heavy so it'd be nice to see another woman.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzButterfly (View Post)
If I had to choose a character to return, it'd be Linda. The cast is male heavy so it'd be nice to see another woman.
True but i loved eddie i still miss him ... linda was ok even she was good a friend of iris ro ..

Yer i think grant is definitely keeping the beard for rhe firsr episode
Old 07-11-2017, 02:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzButterfly (View Post)
I agree