Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Board Recustomization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Catia or Chelle a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Catia and Chelle
Old 11-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I understand that the board is wishing to go down to the four girls, but since you've only had the colours a year would you like to stick with these? you of course can go with something else but if you do love these you can stick with something similar & we can concentrate on updating the graphic to remove Camilla for you

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-08-2017, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chelle, thanks for posting

Thanks for doing this

Photoshoot
Our favourite:
#1 January 2017: we love the outfit, the girls and everything there

Others options:
#2 August 2017: it's a good one even though Ally has a weird face in the group one
#3 February 2016: we like it even without Camila, solo pictures are usuable

Color
We didn't know if we wanted to change or not at first, we love it and we didn't know but after thinking about it for a while. I think if we wanna change, change it all up lol!
So we talked about color (Betty said it's more like expertise but she doesn't know that i'm no good at choosing color lol!!): greenish/orange/pink/yellow (I like the whole combo of it) or purple-ish (not too much onto the pink side, more like the purple kind). Even I am surprised I took one that has green in it lol!

Opinions are welcomed

I don't even say it bc anymore I know you guys are not gonna do it but red is still and will be my fav color so let's hope to see a bit of the girls outfit so I can have a bit of red there

ETA: Betty (@l3jandra) is away until tomorrow so she might post during the weekend her opinion

Last edited by That's My Girl; 11-09-2017 at 12:08 PM
Old 11-09-2017, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That first photoshoot is the best for sure

Lucifer got a red-ish customization, maybe something similar? Click on the board under my username
Old 11-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like this red/light green scheme

I think that scheme fits your show but I'm not sure of the girls, i think it's too red I love red like a maniac, the more red the better IMO but i think it might not work so maybe soften it a bit with some purple/pink/yellow I don't know waiting on my GT fellow opinions
Old 11-10-2017, 02:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's not really red, its more pink, so it'd be fine

How about a combination of red, pink, peach, & green from this & this? (they're your suggestions, just suggesting combining them)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really like the last one I posted , as long as the pink is not too much in it i'm okay with that i'd rather have light red than pink
Old 11-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by unless you do (View Post)
I really like the last one I posted , as long as the pink is not too much in it i'm okay with that i'd rather have light red than pink
Light red on customizations will always tend to look more like pink though.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

on this, i like the 3rd one from the left but the ourth is too pink

I know, that's why the frontiere is so damn crazy lol!
Old 11-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'd recommend looking at going a different direction with the colours as combined with those pictures there's too much red & your customisation will be pink. There's just too many red/pink shades & you know that we're not going to make a board red unless we have to. We realise that its not harsh on your eyes but it will be for others & we don't want to create a situation where posters won't post on the board because its too harsh on their eyes or we have to come back to this again to make alterations because of the harshness

How about something like these combined or this combined with the reds? This colour scheme might work too? This may be too pink? If you go with more earthy tones then you're still getting your red & avoiding pink, but it'll be a lot easier on the eyes

If you're not a fan of green then you could go with blue/brown (I'm not sure how that'll go with the reds). Brown/Blue/Red . That'll be a little like introducing red into what you've got now but the blues will be different shades to what you've currently got so it'll still look different

I think if you go with purple like you also suggested you'll also risk going pink, especially with those. Especially when you're bringing red into it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-11-2017, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Betty just got back, she might give some of her input too at some point She'll be back later on today (she's probably sleeping now)

From your suggestion the more i talk about it, the more confused I am if that makes sense...

We'd like red/beige but we know we can't so maybe go with brown/beige with small hint either of red in the background...
We like that Scheme (the first three color that fit probably for the background) and scheme (the peach for the background lighter) but i might get too picky with you guys, so you know what works best when you make the bannr, as long as it is not too green or too soft, we like color on a board.

We'd like to change the blue so we'd rather not go there but brown/hint of red might be a good option

I'm going to the GT board now
Old 11-11-2017, 02:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

As it has been said Eme, if you don't want pink, that first scheme won't work. That's why I recommend you go in a different direction. You know you're not going to get red, its a harsh colour, & as a member of the GT you should know that we don't use it & why we don't use it. The red is in the pictures so chances are it'll turn up somewhere in the customisation but it will at least appear in the graphic

If you go with the second colour scheme you just linked to the background is going to be green & peach. You just said you don't want it to be too green which is another reason that I think you need to look at things again & think some more. Everything you're suggesting you then say you don't like or want a lot of

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-11-2017, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know I said not too green but I'm not against a bit of green in the background not just in the font or base.

The base as beige we like that so then it's the matter of the background and I though hint of red/green/brown could be a possibility.

Now, I'm more confused bc we knew what we like and wanted (all three members that post them regurarly all want and like red bc this is what we feel like for the girls) and I know I'm part of GT, that doesn't mean when this is my board customized, I'm not gonna say what I want because I'm a member there. I understand your post and opinions and I know I sound picky but other boards gets to have red something so why not ours. I mean surpergirl, criminal minds, flash, smallville,... and I don't find them hard and their custom is recent.

Betty, Tar, what about
this scheme (without the blue)
or this scheme
or this scheme (except the 2nd color)
or this scheme (except the first color)

I made this scheme with two mixed

the first three color on the left for the background of the girls & the last two for background?
Old 11-11-2017, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ems I really like this one you've posted And I agree that there are several boards here with beautiful red-ish customizations that the GT pulled off so I can see it coming to life especially with the first photoshoot you linked to!
Old 11-11-2017, 06:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Eme - our problem isn't with the red anymore (We already discussed at length the reasons why we do not include red unless it's necessary for the feel of the board or it's a minor thing). Our issue is that we don't get what you want at the moment as you stated not wanting a pink board (but light red = pink) and the colour schemes you've suggested (Eme and Tar) would lead to a pink board or pink elements, not red. If you want red elements in your board customization, you need to make it clear to the team that you don't want it to turn out in pinktones. So either you say you don't mind the pink OR you pick colour tones that are muted and lay closer to brown.

The last I will say about this (as I find this discussion coming a bit out of nowhere and one that could've happened over PM instead) is that the boards you listed are all shows that have a strong affiliation to the colour red which is why we went that way, and even then I spent a lot of time into making sure the colours wouldn't be too bright or would be balanced out by other prominent colours (Emilia Clarke f.e., which would've been a better example if you wanted to make a point about other boards using red).