Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same with S4 don't believe S1 or S3 were though
Old 11-23-2015, 09:26 PM
Extreme Fan

It is a good thing I posted my rant then. I have acquired season two and am currently watching the last half I did not know existed.

Randy
My DeviantArt page. http://randicus.deviantart.com/gallery/
Old 11-23-2015, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope you enjoy it has my favorite episode - 2x16 Scar wonder if it'll change your opinion
Old 11-24-2015, 10:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by save each other (View Post)
Hope you enjoy it
Those episodes were the same as all the others. Although I now know the finding and settling of New Caprica, I still do not have an answer for where the lorries and fuel came from. What drove me crazy was the terrible English. Calling women Sir, heroes, prophets, murderers, etc., instead of what they are: Ma'am, heroines, prophetesses, murderesses, etc.

Randy

Last edited by Ouyyir i'ch'Rihan; 11-25-2015 at 05:08 PM
Old 11-25-2015, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That is bad English especially love the word "murderesses"
Old 11-25-2015, 05:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I guess my rant can be summarised as; I see the show as waisted potential. The show could have been great with the good special effects and different take on the original idea. In the original the Cylons were robots that hated humans, but their origins were never explained. The remake's idea of them having been created by humans, rebelled and evolved was very interesting. The show's downfall was making it Americans in space. I can only assume that the producers believed the show would be more appealing if it looked familiar to the audience. Or perhaps having people driving automobiles, while flying around space was cheaper to produce than making the colonies futuristic.

Randy
Old 12-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

^I'm not sure what you mean.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Filming the scenes on Caprica and, I believe Python, in a North American city is cheaper than creating a futuristic city with hovering and flying vehicles. The down-side is the result is not very realistic. They travel around space with ships that can teleport, but on the planets they drive cars with internal combustion engines and rubber tyres? Like the episode in season two I watched last week. The bombed car park was a cheap set to create, but the 70's vintage Renault parked inside? But like I mentioned last time, I am not sure if it was economising due to budget constraints or out of a desire to make the show more appealing to Americans by making the Colonies America.

The BG remake was not a bad show, but neither was is great.

Randy
Old 12-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

OH! Gotcha. I'm guessing it was a budget issue, tbh. The show wasn't a huge hit and I'm sure at that time all the CGI necessary for the rest of the show didn't leave a ton of room in the budget.

I think it didn't bother me because it seemed like it was part of the whole "all of this has happened before and all of this will happen again" thing. Like, humans created cars run on fossil fuels once and then when they reset back to earth they did it again. Much like how the 13th colony were Cylons. The ancient humans created Cylons who became biological and then when they left and forgot about them to form the 12 colonies on 12 planets, they ended up doing the same thing again. Every show has it's flaws.

Of course, this is the rant and vent thread so keep ranting away.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The show wasn't a huge hit and I'm sure at that time all the CGI necessary for the rest of the show didn't leave a ton of room in the budget.
Not living in North America, I do not know how popular or unpopular most shows are. (I only know the names of a few that I see on the internet.) I assumed it was popular, because it lasted four seasons. In the U.S, shows are cancelled after three or four episodes if they are not minimally popular, so BG had a large enough audience to keep it going.

Randy
Old 12-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouyyir i'ch'Rihan (View Post)
Not living in North America, I do not know how popular or unpopular most shows are. (I only know the names of a few that I see on the internet.) I assumed it was popular, because it lasted four seasons. In the U.S, shows are cancelled after three or four episodes if they are not minimally popular, so BG had a large enough audience to keep it going.
Well, it was on a cable network so the numbers play differently. It had, I believe about 3-4 million viewers. On Network t.v. that's instant death. On a channel like Sci-fi (or, as it's called now "Syfy"), that's a hit. The way the money in television works though is mainly based on how much money they can get for commercials. And the higher the rating and/or number of viewers, the more money they get per commercial. Because Syfy is part of a cable package that people pay for they get some money to begin with. (whereas a Network station doesn't because Network stations are free for everyone to view) Anyway, 3-4 million viewers is great for cable, but still not going to bring in a ton of money. AMC (another channel) considered Mad Men a runaway hit at 6 million viewers and The Walking Dead is the largest hit of all time for a cable channel at 20 million. Anyway. BSG was a hit so far as Syfy was concerned, but considering 300 million people live in the US it wouldn't have made a ton of money. Make sense?
Old 12-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow what have I walked into little confused
Old 12-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Rant away, Sarah!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lee & Dualla bothered me to no end

During my last re-watch earlier this year I did notice that it was sorta shown before it became but Billy's death after Dualla broke his heart because of wanting to get with Lee

Yea these two of Lee/Dualla are most likely the only couple ever in my mind that I actually dislike alot - where I generally will mutli shipper or appreciate everybody. Evidence of TVD where am OTP of Stelena but do ship Delena. Or even with our own BSG where OTP is Lee/Kara but do ship Sam/Kara and even Leoben/Kara
Old 12-17-2015, 03:46 AM
Extreme Fan

How about Lee giving up a beautiful woman like Duallla, because he was pining for Kara?

Randy