Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2018, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

On Christmas we eat a bunch of different seafoods. It is one of the reasons why I love Christmas so much.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-22-2018, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't really do Christmas as I'm not religious. I never understand why non-religious people celebrate it to be honest, like we wouldn't celebrate Diwali so why Christmas? I usually just put money in people's cards, since there seem to be celebrators in my family and have a Sunday lunch. Well not really Sunday lunch as i hate cooked dinners, but will have a bit of chicken and mash.

I always find Christmas to be such a horrible holiday too. Everyone is so spoilt and selfish. People want massive presents and aren't happy unless they're expensive. People give to expect a receive. You aren't allowed to use box cards, you have to buy everyone an individual card so that it 'means something.' It's a piece of card that gets thrown in the bin after 1 day! And from people who aren't Christians too? Such a cheek.

It's about the birth of Jesus, which I don't believe in. Not about Santa Claus and his little elves giving presents out to spoil children. I will always say Merry Christmas to Christians because it's their holiday and they should get to celebrate it.

Don't get me wrong though I love winter things. I like snow, hot drinks, tv winter specials and I like to have a tree up on Christmas eve. It's always been a great pagan tradition to celebrate life and it helps celebrate my favourite season of the year, winter. It's just a shame that winter is associated with Christmas. Like you can't buy a coffee in winter without a Christmas cup.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too

Quote:
You aren't allowed to use box cards, you have to buy everyone an individual card so that it 'means something.' It's a piece of card that gets thrown in the bin after 1 day! And from people who aren't Christians too?
I say " you" to the people who don't allow box cards. You can't place those nonsense rules on me. That's what you're getting and if you don't like it, tough nuggets.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Bit busy, but still moving How about you?
Thats good... And just want to get today and tomorrow over and done...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 11-22-2018, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh me too, I stopped doing individual cards a while ago, although we only did it for close family.

I don't like that Christmas celebrations seem to last an entire month or two now. I don't regard it as religious, so it doesn't bother me to celebrate it. It's a fun family get together.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Poppy ****. You don't need a religious holiday to have a family get together.

And Victoria, I know right? I had a serious falling out with my family last year about it and said no one is getting one this year. They asked me last week if I'd got cards yet and I said no and they haven't spoken to me since. It's a piece of freaking paper!!!! makes me so angry how glamorized this religious holiday is, it's a freaking farce. I feel sorry for those who celebrate it.

I'm not a scrooge or anything, I still support Christians at this time of year, just not hypocrites.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^I have no idea what you mean. Poppy what? I doubt my family would get together and do anything like this without the long standing traditions of this country. Just like we don't have Thanksgiving here, but they do in the States. Without that tradition, we don't have that celebration.

I dislike the commericalisation of Christmas, and the long build up to it. I have dreams all year worrying about buying presents in time. It's also very expensive. I don't see much point in cards so I don't send out many, but in a lot of ways it's the only time of year I get in touch with many of my friends and family, so I don't resent it. But with two kids to enjoy Christmas with, it makes the actual day a very special time, and having the extended family for dinner, is extraordinary and nice. So I do enjoy the actual day.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Poppycock it's an old-fashioned saying for nonsense or bosh.

Quote:
Without that tradition, we don't have that celebration.
You must be a Christian and that's what I'm saying. In my eyes that's okay. It's people who aren't that I don't understand.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy Friday Everyone...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 11-23-2018, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy Friday.

Hope everyone gets to relax a little.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Got to chill after I got home from work...

And you...?
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 11-24-2018, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I went to this exhibit today

https://harrypotter.nyhistory.org

It was cool and crowded but I liked seeing notes from JK Rowling about what didn't make it into the book.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's awesome, Victoria.

I'm having a great weekend.

I'm glad you relaxed, Chris.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That sounds and look really Awesome, Vic...!!

And thanks Claire...

And happy to hear that...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Closed Thread   Post New Thread