Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

XBOX Thread #7: Say hello to the XB1 slim by Xmas 2015! :)

New thread.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Xbox Thread #7...The Xbox One(80) is coming soon!

Noticed that the other thread had gotten over 300 posts so I decided to make a new one.
I'm not at all surprised that Microsoft switched back to a more traditional gaming format. There was a huge negative response to Microsoft's E3 appearance and a lot of people weren't happy about it. Maybe you guys are always online and have that ability, but that isn't the case for everyone. For example, my internet is mostly above ground, so my internet can go out in bad weather, or if someone cuts the line (which unfortunately happens both on purpose and by accident) or if an animal chews through the wire. I've also occasionally had hardware break on me, which can require 5-7 days before it gets fixed because the company has to ship me new hardware. Now, this makes me more likely to buy the One, but so far, the PS4 is cheaper, has better hardware, and I like the exclusives, as well as some of the studios that are exclusive to Sony like NaughtyDog (Last of Us is amazing, by the way).
Old 06-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Supreme Fan

I started one too so feel free to delete mine. Didn't see that you were online.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Not a problem, doing that right now. It is as if you are another mod on here,

Two things: firstly, hardware is not everything especially when benchmark tests have yet to be done and actual real life gameplay has not been run through the mill so that is like saying that the Samsung Galaxy S4 octacore is WAY better than the GS4 with its quad-core. The tests showed that the octacore was less than 5% faster so specs in this case might not matter one iota as they also did not matter in gameplay and graphics with the PS3's BD drive vs XBOX360's DVD drive. In many ways games ran much better with graphics and framerate on the 360 even while using older disc format being DVD. Secondly, it is not cheaper than the XBOXone, it simply will not include its Kinect-clone (PlayStation Eye). If that were added it would equal the price of the XBOXone or if you lived here in Australia the PS4 with its "Kinect" will actually cost $50 more than the XBOXone. Read my post in the other thread with links to the official pricing in Gamestop (EB Games) here in Oz. Try and see past marketing and brainwashing tactics that game sites always state without looking beneath the surface..... I gave you the facts, read them then understand that it is NOT cheaper, it is the same and in some cases (such as here in Oz) more expensive than the XB1. Also, considering that MS might not force the new Kinect on the consumers, they might be able to sell the console with controllers on their own too so expect marketing from them soon that matches the PS4 bare-bones price (without the Kinect/PS Eye) So that pricing is fair all across the board.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Supreme Fan

I have no interest in the Kinect, so it is still $100 cheaper for me
Old 06-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I admit, I know very little about XBOX. Never really played it. But my brothers are addicted to it.

Either way, just wanted to say thanks for starting the new thread.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Not really Patrie as it is probable that now the XBOXone will have the Kinect removed from the box as it will not be needed for DRM stuff so they will as sony probably will on release day, have packages with and without their "Kinect Eye's" So both will be comparable in price for everyone.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I bought the original Kinect on release day and at the busiest Gamestop in Detroit, I was one of six people who bought it at midnight, lol. Within a week I hated it and traded it back. I would like for Xbox to go down 100 bucks and remove the Kinect. That would make it perfect! (especially given I'm buying two Xbox One's, one for my friend and myself, of course)
Old 06-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

I doubt they'l remove the kinect as they want to incorporate it into most of their games or at least that's my understanding.

Sony was smart not to include the eye toy with the ps4 and make it cheaper as I think i the 399 price tag will look much more appealing to alot of people (in my opinion anyway) but even with the eye toy the ps4 would still be cheaper as they're selling the eyetoy for 60 dollars while it would seem the Kinect is $100

Maybe in a few years I'll get an X1 since they took off the DRM stuff but, I want a ps4 more than I want a Xbox 1
Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

it's going to take a solid 3-4 years for the 8th gen to really show off. For now it's early development games and cross platform (and cross generational) games. Once they break free and have learned mistakes, what works and stop worrying about 7th gen, the games on both ps4 and x1 will be outstanding and a huge feat of technology. For now, the launch lineup for both is going to be solid. Forza and Auto Club then Bf4 and COD Ghosts are going to all sell well. I have my eyes on Killzone, Infamous and Ryse
Old 06-22-2013, 01:25 AM
Elite Fan

THE best part of ALL GENERATIONS is the final 2 years between the transition of current to the next generation. Games such as PS2's Shadow of the Colossus break boundaries of the console's limitations due to the developers of games knowing that console so well over so many years that they can make an even better game than they could have early-on. Ignore brands of consoles - this is a thing that has always been with consoles as far as I can remember of all brands. Then after those final Uber-games get released on both the current and next gen consoles simultaneously, they soon become only on new gen consoles that take over as the new current gen consoles and the current gen ones are the last gen consoles and that is when their new games still come out for over 12 months but they are lame ones such as 'arcade compilation' on the 360 and 'best of platinum compilation' on the PS3 then they shut down servers and we have to go to the new current gen consoles. Been here several times over the last 20+ years with disc-based consoles and even with cartridge based ones from Nintendo and SEGA.

So trust me, I know what I am talking about and am not full of hot air.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, I'm much more inclined to get a One now, and I do have all the "this-gen" systems so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens eventually, but it'll probably be like me and the PS3. I just bought it last year and I enjoy it but I still play more games on the 360. This time, it'll probably happen in reverse.
I really have no interest in the Kinect though. I rarely played the Wii because, when I want to play a video game, I want to be able to sit back, relax, and immerse myself in the story. The only Wii games I enjoyed were sports games, like tennis and bowling, and some of the mario party games. All the others just frustrated me (in part because they didn't really have the motion controls perfected). I also don't like the idea of having a camera in my living room that can get hacked. There have been instances in the US of laptop cameras being hacked and I'm sure it will happen more often in the gaming community, especially when you look at the number of hackers who already steal microsoft information and infiltrate servers and hack games. And I have a phone and a car that I can talk to, but I don't, so why on earth would I want to talk to my video game console?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

For now I think I'm going to stick to my XBOX 360. I'm very happy with it, not even thinking about the upgraded version of the new console yet.

- Katie
Old 06-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

yeah they need to rid the Kinect. It was a nice vanity item when it came out but no. Weak sales made Sony virtually abandon the Move and MS wasn't too far behind in bad sales for Kinect. The only thing that helps is they usually have a buy 2 get 1 free sale or something like that. I'm a gamer. I want to sit on my ass and pick up a controller and not move, lol.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

My brother just lent me Rage and Red Dead Redemption - what do you people think of these games? Rage just seems to be like Borderlands but without cell-shading.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread