Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 01:48 AM
Master Fan

I hope your deck kicks major ass at DragonCon. Oh and I found that one "mercenary" card I needed. It in fact wasn't a mercenary card at all. It was a Rebel Legend white card. Ha... I hate it when that happens... I want the play cards from your deck thing but any suggestions on what creatures? I'll be using Conspiracy. It'll be a BW deck with all the same creature types...
Endless Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

I hate dueling my decks against my husband and his brother. They make tournament decks so their decks are very fast. My decks are fun to play with but they are no way near the speed and power of tournament decks. It sucks. I can't wait for DragonCon where I can play against other casual players. LOL
Old 08-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

lol I know what you mean. Everyone here does tournament like Ravager Affinity... god that's hella freaking fast... I've decided to make my deck a Rebel deck in five colors just for an update. Atop that, I'm having One With Nature, and Shadow cards in there for fun slash mana boosting slash widdling damage. I don't know what else to throw in though... what's your favorite creature card? I'll throw it in.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

I have so many favorites. LOL Just becareful that you don't over extend yourself. I find myself doing that alot lately. And then I'll have to break apart a deck and turn it into two or even three. My husband plays with Vial/Affininty, Tooth and Nail, and a Cog deck. I hate the Cog deck. It is so incredibly annoying.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Oh man my friend has an Atog deck that can finish off so fast... it's ridiculous. I'm trying to get a good rhythm for this deck but it's not really going anywhere aside from the trash can. I have the basic concept for it but nothing else really. I don't want it to be a scattered bunch of miscellaneous combos that I can't draw or anything, so I'm getting worried whether this will work. Hey, what are your feelings about artifacts and the way they're growing these days? They're too powerful in my opinion... and Kamigawa's coming out or is out isn't it? I'm so unupdated... lol
Old 08-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

LOL Kamigawa will be out at the end of September or October. They will start releasing spoilers next week or the week after. I can't wait. It's supposed to have Oriental influences which I think will be cool.

I like artifacts as support. Affinity drives me crazy. My husband plays with cranial plating which gives a creature +X/+0 where X = to the number of artifacts you control and a lodestone myr which has trample and you can tap an artifact to give it +1/+1. It is insane. I have one artifact deck, it is not affinity. It's just artifact heavy. The rest of my decks really don't have any.

My blue/white control deck has March of the Machines and Wrath of God. That's alot of fun to play against people who play with alot of equipment. I like to play both in the same turn but that requires 8 mana so I'll play March to turn all their equipment into creatures and hope I survive the next turn and then I'll play Wrath. I love it. Even if I don't win, it is still fun to play.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:17 AM
Master Fan

I'm glad I've met someone with a full intention of having a fun game rather than having a winning one. I wonder how large the female playing population for Magic is these days actually because the other day I saw two girls playing one another and I just thought that was so cool. Usually at tournaments, I'm the token girl which is upsetting. Not a lot of people in general like to hang around comic book stores all day...

Cranial plating did an overhaul on me and my friend Scott had a infinite Pests with Lodestone and affinity combo. It was insane.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Oh, I'm all about having fun. Who cares if you win if you don't have fun playing your deck. That's why I avoid the tournament scene. I'll do booster drafts and and block constructed but not type 2 tournments which is what my husband does.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Oh, in case you want to be spoiled. MTG aren't officially releasing spoilers until later but there are other places to get spoilers now for Champions of Kamigawa.

Here is one of those places.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

Why type do you usually play? I don't play extended as oftend as I play 1.5 ... and I hate the Oath of Druids deck... I came across it the other for the 3948174912847th time and it's annoying. It's absolutely annoying. That and a decree deck. That's just as annoying. Anyways, I do boosters too. Much of the time, I walk into the comic store with like fifteen dollars and construct a deck from that to compete. It's fun. Thanks for the link by the way. Which Kamigawa are you looking foreward to? Saviors? Betrayers? Champions?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

There isn't a set type I play. I mostly end up playing extended, I think. I do play with alot of older cards like lightning bolt and dark ritual and counterspell. They're really great cards. Since I only really casual play it doesn't matter too much about my deck. But I do have an officialextended deck and a couple type 2 decks.

I'm looking forward to all the Kamigawa stuff. It looks like they changed the legend rule which is interesting. We'll see.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

Wizards have been kind of weird about their new stuff. They've been making drastic changes... I don't like to play the new card layout... it's really... ugly. I don't know. My friends wonder why I care but I don't know... I just think it's ugly.

Two new additions to the Rainbow Rebels deck. Soltari and One With Nature. Whoo land gain... I have no clue what else to add anymore. I'm so... out of it.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Master Fan

DragonCon was so much fun. I played so much Magic. I didn't get to play in as many tournaments as I would have liked but I still had a blast.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

That sounds awesome. Were there many girls there? How was the game play? Were many people running new block? lol I have so many questions because we don't get many tournaments in these parts and when there are, it's boring. I have to go lay out my uniform for tomorrow... ugh school. Wish me luck.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:08 AM
Master Fan

Well, I only was able to play in one tournament. It was a team sealed deck tournament. I was the only girl and I lost every single game I played. I was very frustrated but it was because I was playing a white weenie with equipment and I played against an affinity/ravager deck the first round and the second round I played against a red/green pinging artifact hate deck. I didn't stand a chance against those decks. I felt embarrassed because I felt like they thought I was a bad player and I'm not. My team ended up in third place. For some reason the guys just took their time killing me. And they kept apologizing. I had to keep telling them that it was okay and if the roles were reverse I'd definately be whooping on them and I wouldn't be apologizing about it. LOL

I saw so many ravager/affinity decks. I actually beat one in a casual match with my white/blue control deck that runs March of the Machines and Wrath of Gods. It's such a fun deck to play.
Reply   Post New Thread