Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Have you seen the theory about DD being Donna's dad?
Old 11-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

An Everwood perspective that might tie into this...

Berlanti loved to dangle the Madison pregnancy/baby storyline in front of our Ephram/Amy faces. It sucked and went on for way too long. Ephram/Amy officially got together and we still had Madisongate/babygate lingering and knew it was going to explode eventually.

Anyway, when it finally did at least Berlanti handled it properly. It was resolved rather quickly. It wasn't about Ephram and Madison or the situation really threatening Ephram/Amy.

It was all about how the situation affected Ephram at the end of the day.

So if this storyline is remotely going to be like the Berlanti Madisongate/babygate storyline the anticipation of it was way more annoying than what actually transpired while cleaning it up.

Not sure why Berlanti loves these baby storylines, lol. He's way too good of a writer/showrunner for this soap opera crap.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Anyone think the big news Diggle gets is Andy's still alive?
Old 11-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Didn't Emily say something about secrets does this might involve baby mama drama.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Absolute Fan

I really don't think Laurel will factor into the storyline much at all. She may get a line or too to react but she isn't important to the story.

The word is that the writers very much friend zone Oliver/Laurel in the upcoming episode- not that they hadn't already but they do it extra. She knows he cheated on her in the past, she not in love with him in the present and they have enough lies and terrible decisions between the two of them that they probably don't have room to judge.

She will be a non factor.

And I agree The Apt that this baby mamma thing is just there to create some tension or shock factor to the show. It might give Oliver some good character moments but I think the lead up will be more nail biting then the actual outcome

At the end of the day they have the kid in Central City for a reason. So they can bring him in when they want and ship him off when they don't.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I hope you're right about this kid plot.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm not worried about the baby momma and I think it's a given that Oliver won't be keeping that from her. We already know that things are fine between them in the next episode. As for repercussions, I can only spec that it pertains to Oliver working having a kid into his life. Also, how will that affect his campaign for mayor? Something could happen to the baby momma sometime this season as well.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 11-03-2015, 02:30 PM
Absolute Fan

There will probably be some drama from the storyline- because other wise why do it- but I don't see them making it the sole dramatic storyline of the season or the series. Oliver's son will just be one part of his hero journey, like his relationships with Felicity Diggle Thea and Laurel are. But the action of the show will still remain the same.

And having him live in Central City is a way to explore Oliver's feelings n being a father and how that affects him without having the show tied down with a kid. Sort of like how the show definitely explores how Diggle being a father affects him but we only see Sara on rare instances.

And I think the fact that Felicity is probably going to know early on and what happens in the next episode is a good sign for Olicity. It means that any angst they have will be from outside forces and not internal ones, and honestly Oliver having a kid doesn't seem like the worst thing for Felicity to get over, not with getting over Oliver being a former serial killer, and all the Al Sahim stuff he pulled last season.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Nothing bad needs to happen to her. The less we have to see and deal with her, the better.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Of course, the drama and emotion lies in both Oliver and Felicity dealing with the revelation that Oliver has a kid. I agree that nothing bad needs to happen to her, but this is Arrow so...

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 11-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Arrow clip starts around :25:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G19b6UoRTe0
Old 11-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Absolute Fan

I definitely don't think the writers will pass up the whole Baby Mamma and kid in danger Oliver to the rescue episode/scene because come on These writers can be very unsubtle when they want to be
Old 11-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Thanks for sharing Kate.
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-29,NJH D-129 OSW D-155, J-Hope D-156, Jinyoung-D-177 JK-D-394

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-7 LDH D-365
Old 11-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Absolute Fan

I can see it bringing some good angst for Felicity though in allowing it to explore her abandonment issues and issues stemming from her father. To see her struggle with the fear that she could lose Oliver to another family and/or tapping into the fact that her own father was absence in her life just like this kids father has been in his or even just the fact that Oliver learning about his son makes her think about her relationship with her father. Maybe that's why Donna comes in the next episode because Felicity has some struggles with her feelings on the matter.

But ultimately I think this will only make Oliver and Felicity stronger as a couple. Because Oliver is not going to abandon Felicity just because he discovered he had a son and Oliver having a son is not going to make Felicity love him any less. This just gives them something to lean on and support each other for.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C05D57jTVc
Closed Thread   Post New Thread