Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2017, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

Re-reading his interview as long as what he's saying is where it's leading it sounds OK.

It's super hard to see them going from joy and walking on sunshine to angst. For me, I binged majority of S3 recently, so it stings having to wait to get back to what I had with ease.

They need to reunite by 317 after his coma and song.

How awkward is it gonna be in that Lab? It will be 121 all over again but worse
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

From endless couch scenes to Barry out of the apartment

Soooo awkward!
Old 03-13-2017, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

I miss that couch.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

So Iris is in the apartment alone? When Savitar plans on killing her?

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 03-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Extreme Fan

x

they were so happy

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Passionate Fan

I will always love that picture. Always.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Same.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 03-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't imagine Iris dying but I get nervous

Who Can Save Iris on ‘The Flash’? Candice Patton Has the BEST Answer

Quote:
“No, they didn’t tell me,” she confesses with a laugh. “I have no idea and it’s a little alarming. I think I know, but you never really know. I am just in the dark as the audience so it will be really interesting to see if Team Flash can pull it off. I’m hoping they can, because I need a job.”

Adding that she loves how Iris has evolved since learning of her potential demise—"they did a really great job this year of giving Iris so many levels, she’s genuinely in fear for her life…and we’ve also seen her being kind of reckless about her future knowing that, if she’s not going to die until May, she’s can’t die today"—Patton sees the chance for more growth as time runs out. “Hopefully, we’ll see a version of Iris who gets the strength to be part of saving her own life, to be a part of the narrative that ensures her safety,” she offers. “How cool would that be? She is a very capable woman, so how great would it be for a character like Iris, who has no superpowers, to be part of her own destiny?
Old 03-13-2017, 05:32 PM
Passionate Fan

I've never been confident that they wouldn't kill her off.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

There's no FLash without Iris .
Old 03-13-2017, 08:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

There's a 0% chance they will kill off Iris West. Like negative % if that were a thing...she might die in the finale but she died in the comics & came back in a future timeline...it'll be a cliffhanger and she'll be back....IF they even go that route...killing one of the only black female leads on a superhero show, one that prides itself on being a family show that people look up to, would make my head explode, this isn't HBO haha that I'm sure of.

Also it'd be insane for these show runners to do Candice as dirty as they did Katie Cassidy (they didn't tell her either)...& I just think AK and the Helbings would've learned from Arrow that is just not a cool thing to do

& if I'm wrong...well dang imma stop watching the flash
Old 03-14-2017, 03:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

^ I agree! It could never happen but the heightened tension of it all is obviously what they want and intend for us to feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenda182 (View Post)

& if I'm wrong...well dang imma stop watching the flash
^ This!! I'd be gone.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

The Flash's Candice Patton Weighs In on Broken 'WestAllen' Engagement, Teases 'Breathless' Musical Role

Quote:
They’ll always have… noodles?

On The CW’s The Flash (airing Tuesdays at 8/7c), Iris’ engagement ended in a jiffy when it came to light that Barry popped the question in part to stop the future in which his longtime love gets slain by Savitar.

Having previously shared Grant Gustin’s take on the sad twist, TVLine also chatted up Candice Patton during our visit to the set, where she assayed Iris’ emotions, shared the West family’s torment over Wally’s situation and teased fun times ahead in the March 20 musical episode featuring Supergirl cast.

TVLINE | That was kind of a bush league move from Wally there, returning from “the future” and blabbing about Barry’s motivation for proposing.
I know. I guess it depends on who you ask. He’s trying to stick up for his sister, obviously, but he did throw Barry completely under the bus. He then got in the bus, drove it, ran back over Barry a bit…. Yeah.

TVLINE | What was important to you about that heart-to-heart between Iris and Barry? Where she said he should have proposed purely out of love…
“…and not because you’re afraid for me.” Say what you will, I think everybody is kind of rooting for “WestAllen,” but I think Iris has a legitimate concern and fear. No woman or man wants to be proposed to out of fear. I mean, to save your life is a huge thing, but you want your marriage to be based in love. So Iris is going to need some time to think about it, if this is the right thing to do.

TVLINE | I thought it was a great scene in that it walked these fine lines, where you wanted to make sure she did feel appreciated, that she wasn’t dismissing the gesture wholesale. She just wanted it properly contextualized.
Exactly. Iris isn’t saying that she doesn’t love Barry. She very much does. But she wants the engagement to be everything a woman dreams of — that it’s real and romantic and based in love.

TVLINE | She did get noodles out of it.
She did get noodles out of it.

TVLINE | Are there actual noodles…?
[Sadly] No. I’ve never smelt Grandma Esther’s noodles, so I can’t tell you if they’re actually good or not.
TVLINE | How do you think the circumstances would need to be different for Barry to even think about proposing again?
I think he’s got to be genuine, first of all. Not that he isn’t genuine, but he needs to make Iris assured that obviously he wants to save her but that he wants to be with her because he loves her, and she’s the only person he wants to be with.

TVLINE | How are the Wests coping after Wally got sucked into the Speed Force?
They’re devastated. The thought of losing a family member, especially for the Wests and for Barry, is horrific. We’ve lost so many people. We lost [Iris and Wally’s mother] Francine just last season, so the thought of Wally being trapped somewhere and us not being able to get to him is really devastating. We’re going to see them grapple with that in this next episode.

TVLINE | My readers are repeatedly asking: Are we going to see Iris doing anything to investigative the Savitar thing, to kind of help her own cause?
No. [Laughs] I know, I know fans are constantly wanting to see Iris do more investigative work and to use her reporter skills to further the narrative that’s happening this season with Savitar. Maybe next season we’ll see more of that.
VIDEOSThe Flash and Supergirl Get Retro Glam in Musical Crossover

TVLINE | The producers told me that Iris plays a huge role in the musical crossover with Supergirl (airing Tuesday, March 21).
Yeah! I saw that article, and I didn’t really think of it that way, but yeah, she’s a big part of it because this is her first crossover ever. Although I don’t thinks she’s technically crossing over….

TVLINE | She’s being “crossed over” [by some Supergirl cast].
She’s being “crossed over,” yeah. We get to see Iris as a completely different character — new name, new everything. Barry is whammied by the Music Meister and both him and Kara are in this dream-like state where they envision a world where… Iris is this fast-talking, brash daughter of a mobster. It’s a wig that we put on, and I was very much inspired by [Dick Tracy‘s] Breathless Mahoney. It’s just fun for us to do something different, because Iris usually has that “girl next door” thing going on. Even the sets we’re in are so glamorous and kind of 1940s-style. It’s really fun.
Philanthropist.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
The producers told me that Iris plays a huge role in the musical crossover with Supergirl (airing Tuesday, March 21).
Yeah! I saw that article, and I didn’t really think of it that way, but yeah, she’s a big part of it because this is her first crossover ever. Although I don’t thinks she’s technically crossing over….
She's warning us. So everyone...

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 03-14-2017, 10:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

WOW...I got terrible vibes from that article she's being underused and she knows it....the source material has Iris going out and being proactive I don't really see why the show can't go in that direction, especially since Candice has knocked all her stuff out of the park. Pretty disappointing
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top