Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Plastique [1.05] - Episode Discussion [November 11th, 2014]

[1.05] PLASTIQUE
ϟ EPISODE DISCUSSION ϟ

ϟ KELLY FRYE GUEST STARS AS DC COMICS’ PLASTIQUE AND CLANCY BROWN GUEST STARS AS GENERAL EILING ϟ
After a bomb goes off downtown, the army, led by General Eiling (guest star Clancy Brown), rolls in and takes over the case, much to Joe’s (Jesse Martin) surprise. Suspicious, Joe tells Barry (Grant Gustin) that he and his friends at S.T.A.R. Labs should look into the army’s involvement. Wells (Tom Cavanagh) informs the team that Eiling was experimenting on his men to turn them into super soldiers. Cisco (Carlos Valdes) confirms one of Eiling’s soldiers, Bette Sans Souci (guest star Kelly Frye), was at the bomb site. The Flash tracks her down and realizes that she’s not setting off the bombs, she is a meta-human who can blow things up just by touching them. Meanwhile, when Joe learns Iris is writing about “the streak,” he tells Barry to make her stop. Barry realizes Iris won’t listen to him so he decides to have The Flash pay her a visit.
Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing & Brooke Eikmeier (#105).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

ϟ REMINDERS ϟ
- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode!

Old 11-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 11-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, Sheida .

I can't wait !
Old 11-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait for this one.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for making this thread

-Lisa-
Old 11-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

This episode was sad,but I really like it. Once again, Harrison gives me chills and makes me want to vomit. Barry making a friend like him and losing her.

I hate that Iris and Barry have lost their friendship since it's so good,but maybe now she'll have her own storyline.

Cisco is such a dork,but I felt sorry for him-His reaction to Bette being dead.

I love Caitlin making Barry special alcohol.

Bette reminded me of Rogue from X-men and it was interesting.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Total Fan

This episode was both amazing and heartbreaking:
  • Barry running up buildings and over water
  • The STAR labs team actually interacting outside of the lab
  • The Iris/Flash meeting (and not just the meeting itself, but the way they interacted. The Iris/Flash scene played so differently than the Iris/Barry scenes).
  • The way Barry can disguise not only his face, but his VOICE. Vibrating vocal chords!
  • Joe knowing how Barry feels about Iris
  • Barry distancing himself from Iris! WTF, Barry... whyyyyyyy??
  • And... we get our first look at GRODD! I really hope they make him awesome and not cheesy... but it's probably too much to hope for something the quality of Caesar from the new Planet of the Apes movies.

The only part I didn't like was Plastique's demise. Couldn't they have helped her control her powers and let her stick around for future use? I liked her (and we need more good-guy meta-humans)

Last edited by Elektra; 11-11-2014 at 07:35 PM
Old 11-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
This episode was both amazing and heartbreaking:
  • Barry running up buildings and over water
  • The STAR labs team actually interacting outside of the lab
  • The Iris/Flash meeting (and not just the meeting itself, but the way they interacted. The Iris/Flash scene played so differently than the Iris/Barry scenes).
  • The way Barry can disguise not only his face, but his VOICE. Vibrating vocal chords!
  • Joe knowing how Barry feels about Iris
  • Barry distancing himself from Iris! WTF, Barry... whyyyyyyy??
  • And... we get our first look at GRODD! I really hope they make him awesome and not cheesy... but it's probably too much to hope for something the quality of Caesar from the new Planet of the Apes movies.

The only part I didn't like was Plastique's demise. Couldn't they have helped her control her powers and let her stick around for future use? I liked her (and we need more good-guy meta-humans)

I'm angry about her demise,because once again, Harrison is a . Flash/Iris reminds me of Superman and Lois,which is awesome. Is that how it is in the comics?

Barry doesn't really have a choice-She's no Felicity or Laurel. She probably knows how to use a gun,but she's too sweet-natured to be able to just whip it out. If something bad happens, it's on him. I'm actually surprised-I wondered if Joe would even approve. It could have easily gotten weird, since Joe raised Barry.

Where did Grodd wind up? I'd like it if he was like Ceasar,too. I don't think he'll be cheesy at all-The show has yet to disappoint. I watch Gotham and it can be hit or miss when it comes to this stuff.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Where did Grodd wind up?
I have a feeling we'll find out in the season finale. We saw his mangled cage in the Pilot, so I'm assuming he escaped when the particle accelerator blew up.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I have a feeling we'll find out in the season finale. We saw his mangled cage in the Pilot, so I'm assuming he escaped when the particle accelerator blew up.
Ah, ok. I know this isn't really part of the episode,but I thanked to thank the CW for showing us whether or not Barry prefers boxers or briefs.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)

I'm angry about her demise,because once again, Harrison is a . Flash/Iris reminds me of Superman and Lois,which is awesome. Is that how it is in the comics?

Yes it is... this reminds me more of the Smallville version over the Superman one though, the whole Clark/Lois/Blur triangle. Lois thought the world should have someone to believe in, Iris felt the same exact way. The main differences was probably that Lois loved... well Iris loves Barry, just not in love with him.
I do wonder with Iris are they going to do some stuff with her that was done in the comics... I don't want to spoil it but it'd be interested if they did a certain storyline I'm thinking of.
Oh and she didn't know Barry/Flash were the same at first.

Now as for the show, I feel bad for Barry because if it was up to him, he would've been told her... but Joe West is the one stopping him which is a bit ironic since we find out that Joe West has been team Iris/Barry for quite a while. Barry is so obvious with his feelings, the one who who is blinded by it is Iris.

I loved Flash and Iris meeting. it was so well done and I love how much in disguise Barry was in, I felt it was very realistic. He tried not to be too close, and when he was trying to speed blur out his face or look down. The scene was shoot very wisely because I believe if he looked in her eyes close, she would've figured it out. They know each other so well.

Barry trying to help bomb gal Plastique, nice theme of the week. Too bad he couldn't stop or help her.

One thing I love about this show is that it's not very obvious. Barry won't succeed in a couple of things but he will accomplish and be successful and a lot other things. It makes it more intriguing to watch when the show isn't predictable.

I loved how upset Cisco was when the suit he made got ruined.
Oh Barry speeding through water and up the building. AWESOME!

Pretty decent episode.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Absolute Fan

My review:
The writers/producers of Flash/Arrow did something with tonight's episode that I didn't think was possible: they surpassed the angst storm they created by killing off Sara Lance, and did so by several layers of magnitude.

Every good hero needs to be faced with a moment in which something 'clicks' and they realize something fundamental either about who they are or what they're doing. For Oliver Queen, that moment was Tommy's death. For Barry Allen, it was Iris' confession that she's pursuing "the streak" because of Barry and what happened to his mother, her refusal to stop writing about "the streak" even though he told her he's no longer interested in proving the existence of the impossible, and the death of Bette Sans Souchi, and each is likely to have a very different and long-lasting effect on how and why he behaves, one that could potentially transform the series' lighthearted tone into something much deeply profound and impartial, which is not something I would've expected from this creative team.

The series' overall tonal impact and the creative direction for Barry's character personality-wise weren't the only things dramatically and permanently altered by tonight's episode; Harrison Wells' trajectory as a character was also altered, and I'm not sure the writers and producers were intending it to be this early in the story, particularly given the episode's coda.

After what he did in basically sending Bette to her death, Wells went from being 'shady yet likable' to being completely unlikable, and while I still believe that he'll ultimately turn out to be the seasons/series' "Big Bad", I don't think the writers were intending to turn the audience against him quite yet, which now makes their job going forward infinitely harder.

In short, they've unintentionally painted themselves into a corner that I'm not sure they can get themselves out of, especially if they're not yet ready to have Wells tip his hand.

On the plus side, though, they did introduce somebody who can be intentionally brought in to offset the issues they've created for themselves with Wells, that being Clancy Brown's General Wade Eiling. I have a very strong feeling that we haven't seen the last of him, and that there's going to be some serious reckoning on the horizon if/when he show up again, not only from Barry, but also from Cisco, and I'd hate to be in his shoes.

Joe West's dual role as both the series' most prominent civilian law enforcement officer and its equivalent to John Diggle continues to provide an element that you really couldn't get any other way, and it's never more apparent than in the scene where Joe admits that he not only knows about Barry's unrequited love for Iris, but that he wouldn't be opposed to any type of romantic relationship between them.... a scene that also happens to contain Barry's hilariously nonchalant revelation that he can physically and dramatically alter his voice.

In closing, I have to say that, with tonight's "hurricane of angst", the writers/producers have once again proven that they know how to keep people on their toes, and even if it created some unintentional hurdles for them as far as Wells' character is concerned, they still deserve kudos for what they gave us tonight.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

Yes it is... this reminds me more of the Smallville version over the Superman one though, the whole Clark/Lois/Blur triangle. Lois thought the world should have someone to believe in, Iris felt the same exact way. The main differences was probably that Lois loved... well Iris loves Barry, just not in love with him.

I do wonder with Iris are they going to do some stuff with her that was done in the comics... I don't want to spoil it but it'd be interested if they did a certain storyline I'm thinking of.
Oh and she didn't know Barry/Flash were the same at first.
I don't mind being spoiled. I started posting on superhero boards and the comic...sounds better than the show in some ways. Lois fell for Clark on her own,but she didn't have the kind of relationship with him that Chloe had. If you grow up with someone,it causes all sorts of weirdness. I think that's why Clark couldn't pick Chloe, not just the dumb thing with Lana. I can't help but compare to Smallville,because this show does it a lot more. I figured Joe was the reason because Barry thought Joe wouldn't approve. Not for Barry's powers,but because he raised Barry and thinks of him as a son.

I'm not surprised that she didn't know at first because that's how comics work. Also, with kind of DC super heroine would she be if she did? There would be no juicy story to dig into and I kind of wish they had met as adults. Things wouldn't be as weird and his powers could be the real reason. Oh, well-No one is Lois Lane and we should probably stop comparing anyone to her epic BAMF-ness.

Btw,I love your icon. I never saw the one with Annette O' Toole and tried the other day. I could barely get 15 minutes in. Richard Pryor's character was cringeworthy and just...no.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Another good episode so far. Still wondering what is Harrison's endgame in all this. I also wonder why the guy is faking the wheel chair bit.
One thing for sure is that this series is way better than the one for the 90's .
I think one of the things that make this show so good is that not everything is a happy ending. That despite everything that happens, that yes some good takes place but there is a cost to every decision that is made.

I was having a great night with friends then I woke up in the morning to find that I had been Bagged and Tagged. And I though to myself at least I didn't get a Tattoo.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMGGG ! I was wondering how could they top Going Rogue and then the show comes back from the hiatus with THIS episode . Just 5 episodes in and I aready love this show a little too much. This episode was perfect! I really need to gif out on how I feel about it:

Ok, first of all, Barry and Iris, you just shattered my heart into a trillion pieces. I thought things would be okay between them by the end of the episode and then the writers just swept us off our feets again with that last emotional angsty scene. This is going to be a wild ride. Their chemistry is insane, whether it's The Flash/Iris or Barry/Iris, whoa! The screen was sizzling. The rooftop scene was so great and beautifull shot! I'm mesmerized by West Allen right now . I could talk about their scenes for hours.

The first scene with everyone at the bar was great, it's good to see the gang interacting, especially Iris with Caitlin and Cisco. Speaking of these two, they are just awesome and hysterical . I love how Caitlin is hilarious but she's not a carbon copy of Felicity like many feared, and they literally addressed the comparison .

I know that what Iris is doing is dangerours, but I can see where she's coming from and why she's bothered by Joe and Barry telling her to stop.

Joe and Barry scenes are always amazing. I knew that Joe knew, and that was such a beautiful scene. Jesse is such a great actor, I really want to be friends with Joe.

Bette, no! I hope she's alive somehow. I really connected with her (plus she's stunning), I hope she returns. This one time I would love if they didn't follow the comics.

The lobotomy line . I have no more problems with Cisco now, he's funny and even better when Caitlin is around. And Caitlin's just awesome, she's kind of the S.T.A.R. Labs rock, always there for Barry, Cisco, Wells and whoever needs her. This episode made me fall in love with the ladies of the show even more. They're precious.

Clancy Brown is always welcome, I hope we get to see more of Eiling X Wells. That was suspenseful. We saw Grodd! And I still don't know what Wells is up to, so many questions!

Oh and the explosion scene, was that really a scene made for tv? THAT WAS EPIC! I haven't seen a scene like that on tv in a while, not that entertaining and well done. Whoa. The scope of the show!

I need to watch it again ASAP, I'm still processing the awesomeness!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top