Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was always in the talks since Supergirl was greenlit Because Supergirl is filmed in La and Flash in Vancouver ,it was always a issue of Grant Gustin going to LA to film Supergirl.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Total Fan

I'm so excited! (And on a side-note: Glee reunion! )

The Flash Will Appear In Special Crossover Episode Of Supergirl - CBS.com

Quote:
The Flash Will Appear In Special Crossover Episode Of Supergirl Actor Grant Gustin is headed to Supergirl's National City, March 28 on CBS

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 11:00am

Supergirl's world just keeps getting bigger—and more exciting.

CBS and The CW Network announced Tuesday that two of their respective shows will collide this spring. The Flash will appear in an upcoming episode of Supergirl, combining the two superheroes into one action-packed hour.

Actor Grant Gustin, who plays Barry Allen/The Flash in the CW's The Flash, will make his way into National City alongside Melissa Benoist, who stars as Kara Danvers/Supergirl, on the special Supergirl episode slated for Monday, March 28 at 8/7c on CBS.

"We are so incredibly excited to announce something that we have dreamed of happening since we starting making Supergirl,” said The Flash and Supergirl Executive Producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. “We want to thank Grant Gustin for making the time to come visit (on top of his already immense workload) and all of the folks at CBS, The CW, Warner Bros. and DC for working this out."

The producers also took the opportunity to thank the many fans and journalists who "kept asking" for a crossover special.

"It is our pleasure and hope to create an episode worthy of everyone's enthusiasm and support,” said Berlanti and Kreisberg.

How will the two superheroes work together? Be sure to watch Supergirl Mondays at 8/7c on CBS to find out.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am beyond stoked for the news. We'd all kind of wanted it but now the fact that it's actually happening is thrilling.
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Just so everybody is clear: Crossovers between SG and the Flarrow-verse shows were never 'off the table'; there just hadn't been discussions about doing them because the focus was on getting SG off the ground and establishing it as its own independent entity.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 02-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Just so everybody is clear: Crossovers between SG and the Flarrow-verse shows were never 'off the table'; there just hadn't been discussions about doing them because the focus was on getting SG off the ground and establishing it as its own independent entity.
I knew it was something CW/CBS were considering even if they kept saying "not happening", so I'm just really surprised it happened so quickly.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Absolute Fan

It was never actually said that crossovers weren't going to happen. All that was said was that crossovers weren't being discussed at the time questions about doing crossovers were asked.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same. If anything I was expecting something around S2 of Supergirl, so it's surprising that it's happening in the first season.
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Total Fan

Is it too much to ask that the crossover on Supergirl extends to The Flash the following day ? Can you imagine how Team Flash (and Joe/Iris) would react upon meeting an alien?
Old 02-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Absolute Fan

^ Supergirl can't travel between dimensions, whereas Barry can.

That's how the crossover is going to be facilitated, and the reason why, for now, it's purely a 'one-way street' and why only Barry is involved.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Supergirl can't travel between dimensions, whereas Barry can.
If he travels to E whatever by the breaches...it stands to reason that she could do so as well

So pumped for this
Old 02-03-2016, 08:56 PM
Absolute Fan

^ There aren't open breaches on SG-Earth, at least so far.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

he has to get there somehow..and so far we haven't seen him display any such abilities
Old 02-04-2016, 06:30 AM
Absolute Fan

Barry will most likely end up on SG-Earth via a breach, but there's no guarantee that it will remain open after he leaves, so unless SG-Earth's inhabitants develop the ability to open up breaches voluntarily, the only way we see more crossover is if Barry comes back later and brings some of his friends.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She could come back with Barry
It won't happen but it isn't out of the equation yet either
Old 02-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Total Fan

It's all just speculation -- but the breach will have to remain open to a certain extent, or else Barry won't be able to get back, which means anyone else can go through the breach as long as it stays open. There are still 51 breaches around Central City that have yet to close.

I guess in the end, they could always have the breach start to close while Barry is on Supergirl-Earth, and he just barely makes it through at his top speed - which means it would disappear before Kara has a chance to go through.

I would still love to see Kara show up on The Flash one day though .
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top