You're welcome !

Apparently Tom has an Instagram account now:
https://instagram.com/cavanaghtom/
Old 07-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh thanks for link, I love both of the pics he's posted so far

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-24-2015, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the link
Old 07-25-2015, 09:04 PM
Passionate Fan

I've just finished watching Tricksters. I know my DC comics mythology and that Reverse Flash has always been a Bad Guy, the lethal sociopath type of Bad Guy, the kind you use caps for, a BAD GUY.

But, the actor played him well enough that I wanted him to be a not-so-bad guy (no caps). I wanted him to be a guy who wasn't totally faking concern for meta-humans and caring for Barry for reasons besides a ticket home. Hey, if adult-Barry still hadn't gone back into the past to try to stop his mother's murder, then maybe the Wells Barry knew hadn't murdered her yet. Maybe timelines were going to collide.

Yeah, I knew better once he "killed" Cisco (I knew better before but I was still hoping). But, the actor plays him so that he comes across as the sort of gray villain who you can believe cares about certain people.

Tricksters, with the "other" Reverse-Flash closed off whatever loopholes I was hoping for. It also showed exactly how ruthless he could get. But, I feel like I've been let down by someone I liked.

The first time I heard of the Reverse-Flash it was when I came across a stack of old comics (ratty ones, so no resale value) and read the original DC story where (I don't think this counts as a spoiler since DC eventually changed the continuity on this, so don't freak out when I type this) the Reverse-Flash killed Iris. He's not a character I liked. I didn't even like his costume (cheesy copycat).

And I'm STILL upset that he's a bad guy.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)
You're welcome !

Apparently Tom has an Instagram account now:
https://instagram.com/cavanaghtom/
Yep he does I follow him now
Old 07-29-2015, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, guys. He really needs to post more .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I've just finished watching Tricksters. I know my DC comics mythology and that Reverse Flash has always been a Bad Guy, the lethal sociopath type of Bad Guy, the kind you use caps for, a BAD GUY.

But, the actor played him well enough that I wanted him to be a not-so-bad guy (no caps). I wanted him to be a guy who wasn't totally faking concern for meta-humans and caring for Barry for reasons besides a ticket home. Hey, if adult-Barry still hadn't gone back into the past to try to stop his mother's murder, then maybe the Wells Barry knew hadn't murdered her yet. Maybe timelines were going to collide.

Yeah, I knew better once he "killed" Cisco (I knew better before but I was still hoping). But, the actor plays him so that he comes across as the sort of gray villain who you can believe cares about certain people.

Tricksters, with the "other" Reverse-Flash closed off whatever loopholes I was hoping for. It also showed exactly how ruthless he could get. But, I feel like I've been let down by someone I liked.
I went through the same process you did, but I ended up kinda hating him in the end because I could not forgive him for killing Cisco . I feel like there's more to tell, though. He'll be back.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)

And I'm STILL upset that he's a bad guy.
YES. I had mixed feelings about him. He showed care towards people. So he's capable of it, faking it or not. IT WAS/IS IN HIM. He killed Cisco because he found out about him. To save himself, he made that choice. But he said he saw Cisco as a son before killing him. I saw Eobard as a guy who just wanted to go home. He saved a lot of people in the process also. I'm not a reader of comics so I have no idea how he's supposed to be in there, but I'm still hoping. He did hold Eddie captive but didn't hurt him too badly. He didn't kill Barry though had every opportunity to do it. I don't think he enjoys killing. ARE YOU TELLING ME IT WAS ALL FAKE? I saw it as a survival of the fittest. And he had a goal in mind. Eobard does not give up without a fight.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I would have liked a bit more of a grey morality instead of a Bad Guy TM as well. I do agree with Cece though. He did what he had to do to achieve his goal. I'm still not sure WHY he wanted to go back to his own time so badly but he wasn't killing for power or for money or anything, it was ... beyond that.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was my lingering question every episode after we found out Eobard's true intent. I want to believe he wanted to return because didn't he mention he didn't belong here, in this time? It sounded like he just wanted to go home, to his familiar place. I wonder if he makes it there? I would hate for Eddie's death to be for nothing though. UGH!
Old 07-30-2015, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I imagine it was the extreme lack of technology.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I dunno like ... would I be SO desperate to return to my own time for the internet that I'd kill people? Maybe it's the people he left there.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

well he was likely already a killer so...not a big leap imo
Old 07-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Passionate Fan

I was watching The Trap, and Wells line was pretty interesting. Apparently, he thinks he has some grudge against Barry that seems at least as bad as killing Barry's mom.

I'll take that with a grain of salt.

It still seems like it would have been an interesting twist for Wells to have not been at the Allen's home (relatively speaking) that night but for it to be a future event that hadn't happened for him. It also could have been something completely unintended (killing her, even by accident, when he'd gone back to kill little kid Barry doesn't really balance things).

I realize this isn't what happened--it already contradicts what the show has revealed. Still, if he had arrived in the past and accidentally caused the deaths of Wells and Tess, realized who they were, and that he needed to take Wells place if he was to put the timeline back on track. But, somehow, he also set things in motion that killed Barry's mom. He creates the particle accelerator knowing it will cause a disaster but knowing it's the only way his future can exist. Barry also needs to exist for it to happen.

He would have seen this as saving his world. To do that, he's willing to kill off people who threaten it. He tries to make himself feel better by telling himself they've been dead for centuries.

But, he's begun to realize he and Barry may be destined to go back to that night when Barry was a kid and one of them will cause Nora Allen's death. For some reason, this death bothers him more than the others, but every attempt he's made to keep it from happening just seems to be pushing it along.

Like I said, I know that's not what happens. But, it would have been interesting.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is ... fascinating but a bit too much time travel for me

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top