Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2017, 02:46 AM
Master Fan

Me too!

I want to see Iris and Marlize DeVoe meet. I also agree about wanting her journalism. It could be utilized so well and soooo easily. They just have to want to do it.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.

Last edited by SuitUp; 12-20-2017 at 02:55 AM
Old 12-20-2017, 05:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Not to be a downer but I don't think that the lack of journalism can be attributed to AJK only. I believe none of the showrunners is interested in it which makes me wonder why they didn't go against canon and give her another profession.

I blame AJK for the 2A mess though. As far as I know, he was the only producer that acknowledged other ships and crack ships in interviews. Greg and Todd only care about Westallen

Do you guys remember if Geoff Johns was more involved in s1? Because s1 was the only time they seemed somewhat serious about Iris' journalism. It wasn't perfect but they tried to make it a real storyline, at least in 1A and 1B.

I like the theory that they made Iris the team leader to parallel Westallen to Clifford + Marlize. That makes sense.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

Don't worry. It's not being a downer, it's realistic. It's entirely possible that it's just a consensus. When Geoff was involved he was interested in developing her journalism, when he pulled back, her journalism was more of a back burner. Turned non-factor. I wish it were all down to AJK and then next season we'd see a change. However, even if they wanted to do her journalism, Berlanti would have to be the one to push for it because they'd build the CCPN set again. They are stuck in the awful STAR Labs set up.

It really feels like it was their intention. Given that they've planned out the season and made such a point to make everyone acknowledge she is the leader, put her in difficult leadership positions and have them

Only AJK would ever talk about crackships. No other EPs ever did. Have I mentioned how glad I am that he's gone?
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
Not to be a downer but I don't think that the lack of journalism can be attributed to AJK only.
You're probably right. I was wishful thinking. I don't think it was all his decision. I do believe he was one of the main reasons why their female characters are so underused. I hope all the writers and producers take notes from now on.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:49 AM
Master Fan

I agree. I want for it to be a big wake up call because their female characters, their interpersonal relationships and agency is consistently overlooked. Either they will make changes or they’ll get stuck in a rut and stick to the status quo.
Philanthropist.

Old 12-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aagreed . Aaron took over, right? If I'm not mistaken he was one of Spartacus' producers, and that show had some amazing female characters.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

Aaron left us.

It's Todd who stayed but he was on Spartacus too.
Philanthropist.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:57 PM
Extreme Fan

I hope Todd gets promoted to the main showrunner.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

From Todd's interviews he seems good. I just need him to deliver with getting us on other sets outside of the Lab.
Philanthropist.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:24 PM
Extreme Fan

X

I love her so much. I will watch The Flash as long as she's there.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

Same!!
Philanthropist.

Old 12-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Aaron left us.

It's Todd who stayed but he was on Spartacus too.
Oh, I thought both Aaron and Todd were still working on the show. That's kinda odd, since they're brothers and always seem to work together on their projects. Spartacus had Mira, Naevia, Lucretia, Saxa and so many other great female characters. I hope Todd is able to bring that same firepower to The Flash as well. Steven S. DeKnight developed that show and he was also responsible for Daredevil's first season, a show filled with great female characters as well. Just look at Karen doing her investigations. Give Iris some of that!
Old 12-31-2017, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

I do love me some Karen Page journalism especially in the Punisher.

It was odd because of the fact they come as a duo. Fingers crossed that we can trust in Todd and he gives us the goods.
Philanthropist.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Karen is . I can't wait to watch Punisher!

Let's hope he does !
Old 01-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

You haven't it yet? You'll enjoy it.
Philanthropist.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top