Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-30-2016, 12:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the discussion! It will be interesting to see everyone's different ideas.

1. I'm on the fence about a time jump. I would love for them to be able to use the twins that play Cadence now and I do want some distance between the horror of last season and this one, but...

2. I do not want Juliette to be in a coma or have amnesia or anything like that. So I'm not sure. How do we skip their reunion and just pick up later?

3. I don't want to hear about the Maddie mess ever again, but I do think that they would all act the heck out of the reconciliation. I also don't want Maddie to be the focus of Rayna's stories. I want to see her and Deacon being a happy married couple. Happy! And I want both of them to make music again - both together and with other people.

4. Hmm. I kind of would like to see Will in a happy place for once.

5. Scarlett and Gunnar...another reason why I'm undecided about the time jump. I would like to see them work this out and not just skip over a few weeks or longer.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:18 PM
Total Fan

Concerning #3, I keep remembering Deacon's face in the courtroom after that lawyer grilled him about every horrible thing he had ever done in his life.....the painful hurt and utter despair at hearing Maddie's lies......the devastating knowledge of Frankie's betrayals.......These are all I can see when I think about 418 and the Maddie Storyline. So, even though Deacon loves Maddie with all of his heart, I don't think he will be able to quickly get over and beyond Maddie's thoughtless, selfish words of betrayal, especially not with the words, "Mom, Dad, I want to go home." There must be much heart-felt apologizing and deep soul searching on Maddie's part to convince me that she is truly sorry for the hell she put her parents and Daphne through, but especially Deacon.

I would like to see The Beverly issue be resolved before it is completely dropped. Either Frankie realizes how unethical his actions were and how he was wrong to tell his daughter private information that he knew about only because he was Deacon's sponsor, or he "gets out of Dodge"....leaves town ......or is run out of town......with Cash never to be seen or heard from again. Maybe even Deacon buying out Frankie's part of the bar. (There's a big part of me that would like for The Bev to just go away, but I can see a lot of fun and interesting stories that can be written around it......Like bringing in show regulars, country music stars, or even a place where Maddie could learn the music trade in a healthy, guided way.) So, please, either make the bar a great success with Deacon running it or give The Beverly a decent burial. I don't really care.

Concerning #2, If I had my fantasy ending for the cliffhanger, Juliette, on the plane, would have a very, very real scare of not surviving.....Like the plane would be going down and she would have a moment where she knew she was going to die. Her life would flash before her eyes and she would realize beyond a shadow of a doubt how much Avery and Cadence truly mean to her and swear by everything holy that she would never return to her selfish ways and that she will do whatever it takes if God will just get her back to Avery and Cadence safely.

On the ground, Avery upon hearing the news about the plane falling out-of-control from the sky, would be scared to death that Juliette was going to die. He would realize how much Juliette truly means to him and that he can't live without her, praying the same prayer that Juliette just get back to he and Cadence safely. I would love it if some or all of Avery's friends were there to support him through all of this....Glenn, Emily, Gunnar, Scarlett, Will, Rayna, Deacon, Maddie. The new writers could build a whole show around getting Juliette back on the ground safely. And, if this is really my fantasy ending, intermingled in the show would be moments of light-hearted comedy just to break up the dark drama.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Personally, I'd love a small time jump. A month or so? Enough time to establish that Maddie/Deacon/Rayna have been in some sort of counseling and that Juliette has been in recovery/rehabilitation for any injuries suffered (if they go the plane crash route-- which, ugh) and is almost whole and healed. I don't really want to rehash the entire emancipation debacle and pick up right where we left off (or worse-- forget about everything and watch them just bounce back to happy family with zero repercussions), but I do want to see that Maddie has apologized and is trying to make amends and has had to work on rebuilding the relationships she destroyed-- especially with Deacon.

With Luke leaving, I wonder what that means for Will and Juliette? Will they bounce back to Rayna? And what does Layla leaving mean for Highway 65? Without The Beverly, what is Deacon going to do next? I'd still love him to be a talent scout for Highway 65 or work for them in some capacity.

I have several things on my wish list for Season 5 (namely characters actually interacting with each other-- rekindling of the Juliette/Deacon friendship, Scarlett with her cousins), but the one I most want to happen is for Deacon and Rayna to write/play/make music together again. Bonus if it includes the tour we were teased! Double bonus if Daphne and Maddie are the opening acts!
Old 08-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Random thing that popped up in my head, it would be fun if they used "Even If It Breaks Your Heart" as the first song of S5 as a symbol of it being a new beginning.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

More country star cameos!

I would love to see Little Big Town, Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton, and since Connie and her have a picture together and they've brought her up: Martina McBride. I wouldn't complain about Reba either
Old 08-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

^ I'm fine with cameos as long as they're just cameos... and no singing
Sarah [youtube]
Old 08-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
^ I'm fine with cameos as long as they're just cameos... and no singing
Brad a la season 1 and the Vince saga is what I want. Just more of that I loved when I could see Pam and some in the background. My country lovin' heart bursted
Old 08-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Total Fan

I'd like to see Emily and Scarlett and Gunnar's manager Noel get together. That could be a new romance in the making.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Addicted Fan

^ No, thank you.
The improbable romance of two background characters doesn't exactly scream "less soap, more authentic" and "focus on the main cast" for me.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
^ No, thank you.
The improbable romance of two background characters doesn't exactly scream "less soap, more authentic" and "focus on the main cast" for me.
Aw, come on! Don't you want a little new romance to see Emily happy? It certainly wouldn't have to be a major arc, but I think it would be sweet.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I copied my post from 'Besides Bashville what are you watching" , because it basically sums up what I want (&expect) to see in season 5:

"I was a huge fan of the show when it originally aired. So I knew there wouldn't be any surprises, but wanted to rewatch specifically with Nashville in mind. The exciting thing is that many of the major problems we had with Nashville - Thirtysomething has none of them. I'd even go as far as to say that many of Nashville's weaknesses seem to be some of Thirtysomething's strengths. They both have a core cast of 7 characters. But in 30something they all interact with each other;often putting all 7 of them together, which is something we haven't seen once in Nashville. I don't think as many as 3 episodes go by in 30something without seeing them all in one place. Also the scenes are just so much longer on 30something so it feels like the episodes are sooo much longer, and I'm sure it's because thee aren't any Luke's and Layla's or Jeffs taking time away from that core cast,so you don't get that whiplash feeling when watching.There are recurring roles but they don't have their own storylines;their purpose is to further the storylines of the core cast,kinda like Bucky and Glenn are used in Nashville. And NO guest stars.

But without a doubt, the most obvious difference between the two shows is that Thirtysomething has a very clear direction, from the pilot to the series finale, and it never wavers. Each episode has a clear and dinstinct focus and it's usually introduced in the opening scene, and everything else branches off from there. That throughline is so clear and constant from beg of ep to end of ep,and is 100% driving the whole episode. I really think this is what led to almost all of Nashville problems. Each episode had at least three separate stories being told,often more,and each story was given equal value and focus. So instead of having a throughline,driving everything forward and pushing the characters together,we saw a bunch of seperate stories, all pulling focus from each other and sending the cast off in diff directions. That's why it seemed like, both in each ep and each season overall, too much was happening yet nothing was ever progressing."
Old 08-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Addicted Fan

^ Clear direction, longer scenes and cast interaction, basically what we've been all asking for.

Storywise, I guess it's more difficult for Nashville to find an excuse to get all the characters in one place, except on the few occasions of a music festival or award show. Personally, it's not necessarily what I'm interested in, what I want is that they explore the friendships and relationships they've ignored lately like Juliette/Deacon, Juliette/Rayna, Scarlett is Deacon's niece but we've never seen her with D/R at their place or interact with Maddie/Daphne, Avery is friend with Gunnar/Will/Scarlett so Juliette should logically have occasions to interact with them too, and so on.

By the way, since we're on the subject of Herskovitz & Zwick's old shows, this was from an article about Jason Katims (22 Umbrellas, your current avatar reminded me of this ):

Quote:
One day in 1993, when he was thirty-three and well into his quest, Katims recalls, "I got a message on my machine from Ed Zwick's office." Along with his partner, Marshall Herskovitz, Zwick ran a well-known movie and TV production company.

"I called him back and he got on the phone," Katims remembers. "And he said, 'I read one of your plays and I liked it.' "

Katims's one-act play, published in a collection of short plays by the Actors Theatre of Louisville, was called The Man Who Couldn't Dance. In it, a guy goes to visit his old girlfriend after she gets married and has a child; the tone of the piece is very much a preview of his later work.

After Katims thanked Zwick for the compliment, there was an awkward pause in the conversation.

Finally, Zwick asked, "Do you know who I am?"

"No, I'm sorry. I don't," Katims confessed.

"I directed Glory, I created thirty-something …"

"Okay," Katims said. "I think you can stop there."

Katims eventually joined Zwick and Herskovitz's writing staff for My So-Called Life, a teen drama starring Claire Danes that ran on ABC for just one season but endures as a beloved classic. From there, he created Relativity for Zwick and Herskovitz, a drama about a young couple and their relatives in L. A. But it was Friday Night Lights, which debuted in 2006, that turned him into a Hollywood power.

The Cult of Jason Katims
Old 08-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Total Fan

I want to see Juliette and Avery put their wedding bands on again!!!!!
Old 08-15-2016, 06:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi, I'm new here, but I hope you don't mind if I chime in.

I want to see:
- Cash gone.
- Maddie's role reduced to a more minor supporting character.
- No plane crash, just a scare. Juliette and Avery need to have some screen time without a major OTT event going on that could tear them apart again.
- A singing career for Avery. That used to be his big goal, but now all he seems to do is help other people.
- More humor. I loved Deacon with Avery or Deacon with Gunnar. That was a lot of fun. I loved Avery, Scarlett and Gunnar together. Or Avery and Juliette back when they were still cute.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:44 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
Hi, I'm new here, but I hope you don't mind if I chime in.

I want to see:
- Cash gone.
- Maddie's role reduced to a more minor supporting character.
- No plane crash, just a scare. Juliette and Avery need to have some screen time without a major OTT event going on that could tear them apart again.
- A singing career for Avery. That used to be his big goal, but now all he seems to do is help other people.
- More humor. I loved Deacon with Avery or Deacon with Gunnar. That was a lot of fun. I loved Avery, Scarlett and Gunnar together. Or Avery and Juliette back when they were still cute.
Welcome! Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do. You might want to go to the Nashville Spoilers page to find out about some of your ideas. But I will warn you that you may find out more than you want to know. So, don't go if you want to be surprised.