Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-18-2016, 08:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
ITA I loved those moments and felt they had their place to show Juliette's state of mind and to show show not only was their previous conversation on her mind but the lead up to the issues arrising like we saw in the promo. The girl's guard is way up and she is worried but she loves him. But protecting herself is like second nature to her, she needs to accept that she has to be vulnerable and need people all issues that were part of the reason their marriage didn't make it.
Exactly. She was definitely thinking in those scenes and her guard is WAY up. And also this episode was focused on her and Rayna. We'll see how Avery is feeling and what his state of mind is later. They both have to "respect each other's experience" as Dr. Kitley said. They need to hash al this out but it's too soon to do all that in this episode when she's JUST gotten home from the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville615 (View Post)
I agree with all of this. I keep remembering the comment Chip made about the bridge scene in the pilot, when there was quiet time between Deacon and Rayna - no words, but so much conversation happened in that silence. I think we just got numbed by the drive-by pace that developed over time and now it takes a minute to remember what we loved about the show in the beginning. That's what we're getting now.

I also agree that it will take a minute to get used to it. I, for one, plan to just luxuriate in it. This was what I loved so much about Marshall and Ed's other shows and I can't wait to get swept up in that all over again.
YES!! I plan on doing the exact same thing, just wallowing in the beauty of it. That might be one reason the cast is enjoying it so much, they get to emote in different ways.

Last edited by soup333; 12-18-2016 at 08:53 AM
Old 12-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
In one of the promos, where Juliette and Avery seem to be arguing with each other...the one where she says something like "Why are you helping? We both know you don't want to be here (or do it?)" and Avery angrily says, "You always push people away. B/C God forbid that you would ever let anyone try to help you!" If you look at it closely when Avery says his part there is a man in the lower left hand side of the picture. It's not in all of the promos just that particular one. Don't know if they are at the hospital or some other public place, or if Avery and Juliette are even in the same room together and he is saying that to someone else perhaps in another scene. Also she is wearing a different shirt in that scene...one shirt was a plain black pull-over and then she is wearing what appears to be a bathrobe or a top with a collar. Just thinking this is creative cutting of two different scenes to make it appear as one.
I'm quite sure he is talking to her when he says that to her about pushing people away when she wears a blue sort shirt in her bathroom. When the camera is on juliette we see him from the back. Plus the reflection of him.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Exactly. She was definitely thinking in those scenes and her guard is WAY up. And also this episode was focused on her and Rayna. We'll see how Avery is feeling and what his state of mind is later. They both have to "respect each other's experience" as Dr. Kitley said. They need to hash al this out but it's too soon to do all that in this episode when she's JUST gotten home from the hospital.
And I for one can't wait till they deal with all their past issues, the acting alone will make it great but it's SO overdue. There are still issues all the way back from s2 that I want them to address. But I am going to enjoy the slow build if that is the plan because it will remind the viewers what was so great about these two in the first place for those who have forgotten because of all the crap since 220. The friendship foundation was one of the best thing about the relationship. And with Avery staying/living there for who knows how long right now, it will give multiple opportunity for them to share moments with Cadence as a family... which we basically never got. And now that the twins are older and can walk and all, they could add those moments to the storyline. Because above Avery as a romantic partner she needs to see that Cadence and Avery will always be there as a her family whether they are together romantically or not. That they all are there for each other through good and bad. We would have never gotten that under Dee's writing direction. Callie must be really happy her show is finally what she wanted it to be. Heck I think if the writers had been them from the beginning and them not stuck under ABC's rules, T-Bone would probably still be part of the music team. Oh well.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
And I for one can't wait till they deal with all their past issues, the acting alone will make it great but it's SO overdue. There are still issues all the way back from s2 that I want them to address. But I am going to enjoy the slow build if that is the plan because it will remind the viewers what was so great about these two in the first place for those who have forgotten because of all the crap since 220. The friendship foundation was one of the best thing about the relationship. And with Avery staying/living there for who knows how long right now, it will give multiple opportunity for them to share moments with Cadence as a family... which we basically never got. And now that the twins are older and can walk and all, they could add those moments to the storyline. Because above Avery as a romantic partner she needs to see that Cadence and Avery will always be there as a her family whether they are together romantically or not. That they all are there for each other through good and bad. We would have never gotten that under Dee's writing direction. Callie must be really happy her show is finally what she wanted it to be. Heck I think if the writers had been them from the beginning and them not stuck under ABC's rules, T-Bone would probably still be part of the music team. Oh well.
I agree with everything you said and I am SOO hoping you're right about those family moments. We haven't seen that since Cadence was born.

Callie must be thrilled. Another thing is the new guys have consistently spoken about not knowing how to tell stories in that crazy fast pace we saw before. Hell, Dee didn't know how to do it successfully either or else the show wouldn't have gone the route it did. T-Bone also said that it was a war behind scenes between those that wanted a soap opera and those that wanted a quality drama. We all know who eventually won out. I am so happy the tables have turned and we're finally going to get the quality drama we wanted.

Telepath made a comment months ago about us giving this new version a chance and I think we should all do that before rushing to judgement. Deacon will surely have his own storyline as will Avery. We already know that from the sides. But there would have been no point to changing the writing team if they were just going to put out the same crap we'd gotten before.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree with everything you said and I am SOO hoping you're right about those family moments. We haven't seen that since Cadence was born.
I hope they go there because the writers seem to care about family interacting like they had S/G with Maddie/Daphne in the premiere. I could see them having simple moments with J/A and Cadence. I hope they take the opportunity. I really hope they don't have Cadence off sleeping or with Emily everytime they interact. I really liked the moment at the hospital even if it was super short. I kept thinking Avery must be thinking he finally has the parenting dymanic with the three of them that he always wanted. It took them so long to get there. Please explore that writers.

I also really like the scene just before Juliette goes in the Church, their dynamic there with Juliette being cute asking for strawberry smoothie and Avery going after saying what are you doing. Classic J/A dynamic.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:49 AM
Extreme Fan

^^It was classic them. Made me happy to see that they wrote that line in because he would absolutely react that way. I think he loves her unpredictability.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I absolutely loved that moment when Avery turned round to see Juliette wheeling herself away over the road - his reaction was so cute. Classic Javery.

I also agree that the scene where Avery was waking up was all set up for us to see Juliette studying him when he was sleeping. Through the entire episode she was distant from him emotionally, apart from when she completely broke down in the field.

Who can blame her keeping her guard up and being reluctant to believe that he is truly there for the long haul and the right reasons.

I hope they really take their time reconciling them this time and we get all the conversations that they should have had in S3&S4. It will take time to rebuild the trust that has been shattered on both sides .

I agree with JB don't mind how long it takes because Hayden & JJ will kill these scenes. I'm just happy to get scenes with them together and as long as Avery is staying there with Cadence then we will get them.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:01 PM
Total Fan

https://youtu.be/lhikyB4qfhg

Just want to make a few more comments about the 502 promo where Juliette shouts at Avery saying, "Stop helping! We both know you don't want to do it!" And Avery makes the comment, "You just push people away B/C God forbid, you might ever need anyone!" They appear to be in Juliette's bathroom. You can see the tub and to the far left a commode with a special assistive chair attached to it. Now, go back to the sneak premier when she told him B/C she was honest, she was going to go to the bathroom. He attempted to help her and she said "NO!" The next scene of Juliette has her asleep in the same clothes with her head resting on her shoulder. (Which makes me wonder if she was able to actually use the restroom.) OK, now return to the 502 promo where they both are in her bathroom. Maybe he knows she has to take a shower or use the bathroom and he knows she has to have assistance, he wants to help her, and her pride won't let him which makes him angry b/c he wants to help her so badly.

Which brings up a really big question: Why doesn't someone with as much money as Juliette Barnes have a full-time aide??
Old 12-18-2016, 06:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Which brings up a really big question: Why doesn't someone with as much money as Juliette Barnes have a full-time aide??
I was wondering the exact same thing! She has Emily but doesn't hire a nanny. And now that she needs so much help from her injuries, she doesn't hire a nurse or aide? It makes no sense. I have a relative who has to take care of someone in a wheelchair, and it is almost a full-time job. Sure, she should let Avery help out when needed, but he shouldn't be there to care for her all the time. Plus, Juliette has got to still be sore from the accident. She probably is weak and tires easily from her surgery(ies?) too. In fact, I'm surprised they sent her home and not to a rehab facility.

How is she doing so much with fractured vertebrae? I kept wincing whenever she bounced on the grass, hoping her spine held together!

ETA: I wanted to second the typical Javery cuteness we saw this ep. I also loved when Avery saw Juliette wheel away from the fruit stand and how he said, "Where are you going?" Before that, though, when Avery asked Juliette if she wanted a smoothie, she gave him a very cute smile before she said, "Strawberry." It was hard to see because the camera was far away, but it was cute.

I also loved when Juliette asked Avery to drive her somewhere (at night) and how he sort of rolled his eyes before he said, "Now?" Like, he was thinking, okay, this is crazy.

And I'm not sure this is shippy at all, but I loved seeing Avery sitting on the couch playing guitar! It's been a long time.

Oh, one more thing. I didn't notice this before, but after seeing what you guys said, I rewatched the scene where Avery carries Juliette. (What a romantic, caring moment between them!!!) Anyway, Juliette is definitely watching Avery, and she seems to have a small smile on her face, which I didn't catch before. It gives the scene some extra meaning, which I like.

Last edited by Crystal222; 12-18-2016 at 06:42 PM
Old 12-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Extreme Fan

If she had an aide they couldn't get into an argument about him helping her. So...
Old 12-18-2016, 07:15 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
If she had an aide they couldn't get into an argument about him helping her. So...
Then I hope she doesn't get an aide, because I love to listen to them argue. One of my favorite scenes with Avery and Juliette is the one where she takes his "stuff" back to his apartment and they get into a heated argument in his hallway. Great scene and Great acting from both of them. (BUT, I do look forward to the day when their volatile arguments will be over and gone and they learn how to disagree without tearing into the other.)
Old 12-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Then I hope she doesn't get an aide, because I love to listen to them argue. One of my favorite scenes with Avery and Juliette is the one where she takes his "stuff" back to his apartment and they get into a heated argument in his hallway. Great scene and Great acting from both of them. (BUT, I do look forward to the day when their volatile arguments will be over and gone and they learn how to disagree without tearing into the other.)
I agree. That was a great argument, and so was the one at Charlie Wentworth's anniversary pary. They just spark when they argue. Plus it's a great way of bringing forth issues that need to be disussed.

As to whether they should have a nurse or aide and how they couldn't argue about whether Juliette can accept help or not, that can be explained easily. The aide is late or only works 8-5 or maybe there's no aide at all, and that's part of the issue.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That hallway scene is one of my very favorites!

Their argument in 502 will at least start off being about him helping her but it'll really be about their relationship. She might actually get an aide after this argument because he's going back to work soon - and we know that from a promo. Not sure if she gets one or not but Emily will be back.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:

Just want to make a few more comments about the 502 promo where Juliette shouts at Avery saying, "Stop helping! We both know you don't want to do it!" And Avery makes the comment, "You just push people away B/C God forbid, you might ever need anyone!" They appear to be in Juliette's bathroom. You can see the tub and to the far left a commode with a special assistive chair attached to it. Now, go back to the sneak premier when she told him B/C she was honest, she was going to go to the bathroom. He attempted to help her and she said "NO!" The next scene of Juliette has her asleep in the same clothes with her head resting on her shoulder. (Which makes me wonder if she was able to actually use the restroom.) OK, now return to the 502 promo where they both are in her bathroom. Maybe he knows she has to take a shower or use the bathroom and he knows she has to have assistance, he wants to help her, and her pride won't let him which makes him angry b/c he wants to help her so badly.

If this bathroom scene was when they were talking in the sneak peek, then why wasn't it shown there? Did they cut the scene? Or did i missunderstood you?
Old 12-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
If this bathroom scene was when they were talking in the sneak peek, then why wasn't it shown there? Did they cut the scene? Or did i missunderstood you?
The bathroom scene is shown in the 502 promo and in the "full-season" promo. It hasn't happened yet.