Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2015, 04:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Again, I'm going with a more "wait and see" approach on this. I still feel like Emma is their "avoid spoilers" plot at this moment and that's why they always talk about her in the media. Not to mention that those who do not follow spoilers are easier to soothe by interviews that focus on "what's up with Emma's darkness?" rather than "What is the true happiness that Regina has to find? Is it Robin? Is it her son? Or is it something more like inside her?" Regina's story is deeper and has a more profound meaning and has been so even from 4A, albeit her limited screentime (yeah, thanks Frozen ). Emma's not so much. And besides, Lana and Jared filmed their asses off for the finale, probably filmed more than any other cast member, so I am not going to give up on the notion that Regina is hugely involved in the two parter. One more Emma movie is not what I signed for in 4B.

Lily is definitely here to serve Emma's story and it's funny cause if they need external factors to give her a proper story then... what the heck are they going to do in the future? Bring two dozen new characters in Storybrooke to move hers ahead? Even if she tries to have the book rewritten to correct her parents mistake, we all know that the amount of days Agnes filmed for the two final episodes are probably counted in one hand, so...

Whatever the case,

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 04-11-2015, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

Idk, i also think it's easy to talk about Emma because she has a very weak story. AnE hate spoilers so they always talk less about other characters because Rumple, Regina, even Snowing have interesting, complex stories this season and they can't reveal anything. Emma is like their cop out girl, they always give her more screen time but her character made the least progress and there was very little character growth.

I don't even care what this finale is about, i just need more Regina, Robin and OQ, and some Regal Believer and i'm happy.

I suspect Emma will have a chance at changing the past and she will screw something up, i still think it will be Henry who will travel to this AU, he will find Regina and they will fix it together. Why would they film for 2 weeks together if it's all about Emma?
I'm pretty sure Emma will be dark in this AU, as well as Snowing. I think OQ, Rumple and Henry will be "heroes" and they will have to make right decisions.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Exactly! Even Rumple's story is so interesting this season, yet they rarely talk about him!! Add that to the fact that Bobby never gives interviews or does any press, it looks like he doesn't have anything to do this year, yet he is the one who moves all the puppet strings in the entire season! Go ahead and talk all about Emma if you want, we know who has the good stuff!

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 04-11-2015, 05:33 AM
Elite Fan

Lol yeah. I'd rather get interesting sl than ton of screen time.
And i'm pretty sure GA is really into Robin's story and OQ and Rumbelle because they have been separated. Also Operation Mongoose and Marian/Zelena, people will be shocked about that one, i think 4x17 will be very well received, as well as 4x19. Fans want entertainment and that's what Rumple/Regina give them.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know. The rest of the characters can have all the potential they want but if they are rarely being shown or merely are there to serve pushing all the plot points in one character's favor {aka. Emma}, with the lucky exception of maybe one centric, that just becomes ... Boring! Unless that one character, in this case Emma, happens to be your favorite character. When they do that to the others, it feels like their side stories get rushed, not developed.

Regina and Henry likely filmed to help save dark!AU Emma or something. Once again, about Emma. Hey, if I am wrong, great but the more I read and hear, the more I see onscreen, the less optimistic I just feel.

I just want one freaking story that centers around another lead and have it remain their story to its conclusion in the arc. Is that too much to ask?

I mean the road trip? I do think Robin is the side story and the main focus Lily. Why else would they title the episode 'Lily' rather than 'Robin'? Just my take on it.

Anyway, not trying to rain on anyone's parade of hope or anything so like I said, I will just be in and out. This episode there will hopefully be some actual good things to discuss after it airs.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yet another Sean interview!

Quote:
'Once Upon a Time': Sean Maguire sees his Robin Hood as 'a medieval James Bond'

Sean Maguire’s Robin Hood has become one of many fan favorites on ABC’s “Once Upon a Time,” although his biggest fan may not fully grasp the role’s iconic significance.

“My nephew hasn’t really seen the show cause he’s in England, but he sort of knows I play Robin Hood. He just loves it because it’s cool, with the bows and arrows,” says Maguire.

“It’s what little boys want to do. I wanted to, at least. It’s just shy of playing a Batman or a Bond of a superhero or something for me. ”

That enthusiasm for the role has helped endear Maguire to fans, as has his character’s romantic relationship with ultimate-baddie-turned-loving-mother Evil Queen Regina (Lana Parrilla). The actor stepped into a show with a “frightening” fanbase, but has enjoyed his run professionally, including making friends (he counts Colin O'Donoghue among his closest).

In the latest episode Sunday, Robin Hood will go up against the Wicked Witch of the West, and fans will get to see a bit more of his history. Show Tracker caught up with Maguire to ask a few questions about his role on the show and his on-screen relationship with Regina.

How has the season and the role been for you?
I get to play such an iconic role and for any actor it’s a fun challenge. Also, to be part of a show that has such an incredibly passionate fanbase … I’ve been on a number of shows and I can’t remember anything having a fanbase that is almost religious about it because they’re so invested. On some levels that can be a little bit frightening, but on other levels, it’s so wonderful when families come up and say that kids and grandparents sit together and watch the show. There aren’t that many shows that can do that nowadays. It’s something to be proud of.

What version of Robin Hood informed your role?
You grow up with the old movies, and maybe the Kevin Costner role might’ve influenced me when I was a little bit younger, but for this Disney version I think we’ve just built this amalgam, this picture of somebody that we all like. Someone who says no to the authority for the right reason. Someone who steals from the rich to give to the poor – there’s something messianic about it. Something that makes all of us go “Yeah!” Playing Robin Hood is like playing a medieval James Bond.

What do you think about the show’s fairy tale mixture of genres?

The way that the guys have mixed old legends and Disney movies and all of these characters that we’re familiar with, and then put a different spin on them, was kind of a genius move and the reason the show has become such a massive hit around the world. They just tapped into something that’s been there for a long time. The themes of hope and love and family are very strong throughout the show, which I think makes the show very relatable, but it’s great escapism cause there’s magic and there’s legends, goodies and baddies, heroes and villains. I think they’re universal themes that when done right are always going to be entertaining.

The way that these guys have learned to take a character and put that slight spin on it – I mean, Robin Hood is going to have an encounter with the Wicked Witch [on Sunday]. I think as a fan of Robin Hood and Oz, you just think ‘Wow. What a crazy world to have these two face off against each other. What will that be like

So, plot-wise … not much you can say?
I get an embossed email saying ‘Do not say this!’ and 'Do not reveal that!’ So I just try to be as cryptic as I can.

Understandable. Your Robin’s relationship with Regina …
To be honest, I was really excited about that. Lana and I got along really well, but I mean, the Evil Queen is probably one of the biggest and most beloved characters on the show, so if you’re going to join a massive franchise – it’s like joining “Star Wars” and finding out that you’re going to start off with Darth Vader. On a personal level, though, we just get along really well. In the show, the idea that Robin and the Evil Queen would get together is just something you didn’t expect. I’m excited about it. And as a fan of the show, I was rooting for Robin and Regina. I did not know that Marion was coming back. Obviously, mixing again with real life and Lana, I thought “Oh, well, maybe now we won’t have as much stuff together in the future.” But the guys are often very ahead of where the fans are wanting the show to go. I think once they said that Robin and Regina were true loves, they thought that these two were going to have to find their way back to each other at some point.

Do you have much input on how they portray the world and character of of Robin Hood?
Nope. This is not one of those shows where the writers and the actors collaborate. This is very much the writers’ ballpark. I didn’t know much about the future of the character or even how long Robin was going to stay on the show until I recently had a sit down with the guys – which obviously I can’t reveal.

Via Los Angeles Times
That last bit.... I admit I'm intrigued!! What do you think he's talking about?? Cause it could go either way! Either they finally informed him he's coming back full force and a regular now, or they told him that "you know what? no room for Robin Hood in the next season."

I'm leaning towards the first, but hey, I'm biased!!

Old 04-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Chris - Oh Robin is definitely in the next season, so it's probably about him becoming a regular, yeah.

Quote:
I just want one freaking story that centers around another lead and have it remain their story to its conclusion in the arc. Is that too much to ask?
Season 2 was actually a lot about Regina and her redemption. 3B was all about Zelena/Regina, Rumple/Zelena and little Neal/Snowing up to the last 2 episodes. 3A was also about saving Henry and his two mothers, in the end it was all about Regina so you can't say that everything is always about Emma. They keep teasing about her going dark but i don't see 4B being all about that. So far we have gotten a lot of Snowing, Regina, Rumple, QoD etc.

I guess they ignored Emma's backstory for so long that now they want to make up for it.

The only thing i'm bothered about is Operation Mongoose and how that is going. I want more Regina/Henry involved in that. It feels like this sl is about all of them again, not just about Regina's happiness. I felt like it was supposed to be Regina/Henry to talk to him first, not Emma or Rumple or Snowing or anyone else. I hate when Regina gets her own sl and then it ends up being focused on someone else.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I disagree strongly with that interpretation. The Zelena| Regina arc turned into Zelena going after Emma rather than Regina in SB, it became about Zelena going after Henry because of EMMA, not Regina. It became about Zelena going after EMMA'S light magic. Regina got her few moments to shine, thank god, with breaking the curse and using light magic against Zelena. Still - it is an example of an arc starting out about Regina and turning into an arc that targets Emma. I see the Operation Mongoose arc following the same path.

S1 and S2 were still about Emma as the Savior but it was just balanced better because at this time Regina was the villain and then the redeeming villain. Regina was the antagonist to Emma's, and Snow's, protagonist. So of course Regina got good focus along with the other two.

My complaints are focused on 3b forward though all of season 4. I see the trend continuing. So I can say the plot points are going to Emma as the Savior over and over again because they are. I was not a huge fan of the Neverland arc but at least the stories were a bit more spread out. I mainly liked the Regina & Henry stuff and Neal grew on me.

But seeing a lot of a character is not the same as having a story that is theirs to follow along with, in my opinion. Sorry, I just want more than that but I know the chances of getting it are slim to none. Every story is going to come back to reinventions of Emma as the Savior even though she broke the curse back in S1 but whatever.

Anyway, peace out. Do not really feel that comfortable posting since I just do not feel the optimisim at this point. Happy posting! I am sure this upcoming episode will be interesting.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

I respect your opinion and you can post and be pessimistic as much as you want here. Remember how many times i was pessimistic? God i'm more pessimistic than optimistic about this show. I just want to make you feel better and sorry if it came of like i was forcing my opinion on you.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
New Girl

loved the interview. read it this morning. love how he always mentiones how much he loves working wiht lana and how good they get along

and lol I read your first post on this page Chris and the "or something inside her" and I couldnt keep dirty thoughts from keeping into my mind sorry I am a naughty girl sometimes

honestly I hope the finale is not as much about emma as it is made out to be. I dont care that much to be fully honest

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Lmao Suz!!! which one??? I don't even remember!

Old 04-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

I really don't know what to expect from the finale, so I'm going to just try to focus on the the episodes leading up to it. I'm very excited about 4.17 and 4.20, I'm interested in 4.18 because I'm kind of expecting a Regina/Cruella confrontation, but I don't have much to say about 4.19 other than I'm likely going to yell at my TV every time Regina and Emma are delayed in getting to Robin because of Lily. Robin should be their priority, Zelena is all kinds of crazy and can use magic. Lily has been living in this world 30 years, she can survive a few more days, they can pick her up on the way back.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I'm excited for the finale because of the AU aspect of it all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
Exactly! Even Rumple's story is so interesting this season, yet they rarely talk about him!! Add that to the fact that Bobby never gives interviews or does any press, it looks like he doesn't have anything to do this year, yet he is the one who moves all the puppet strings in the entire season! Go ahead and talk all about Emma if you want, we know who has the good stuff!
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)

But seeing a lot of a character is not the same as having a story that is theirs to follow along with, in my opinion. Sorry, I just want more than that but I know the chances of getting it are slim to none. Every story is going to come back to reinventions of Emma as the Savior even though she broke the curse back in S1 but whatever.

Anyway, peace out. Do not really feel that comfortable posting since I just do not feel the optimisim at this point. Happy posting! I am sure this upcoming episode will be interesting.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

dp..
Old 04-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
Maggie, I think 4x17 is the episode I am not worried about at all! Like at all! And one of the reasons is that I remember JMo was in LA during most of the filming time!!
Omg that's right! Thank you, I had totally forgotten that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorblind (View Post)
Idk, i also think it's easy to talk about Emma because she has a very weak story. AnE hate spoilers so they always talk less about other characters because Rumple, Regina, even Snowing have interesting, complex stories this season and they can't reveal anything. Emma is like their cop out girl, they always give her more screen time but her character made the least progress and there was very little character growth.
This is totally so true!!

Ok guys, I'm chill now. I'm good, not worried. Thank you.

As for Sean's comment in the LA Times article (can you believe we got another interview even??!!?? ) - I am totally convinced his "sit down with the guys" as about Robin being a regular on the show. I doubt they bother sitting down and talking with you just to say they aren't using your character anymore.