Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-20-2016, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

I'm curious about how things will be between Regina and Cora. I also hope Zelena finally realizes how Regina suffered from having Cora as a mother and stops the whole "you got everything and I got nothing" nonsense.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

well yes I hope that too. that depends on when zelena is going to be back. she is not a part of the underworld so I wouldnt know how she would see what kind of influence cora had on Regina.

still i hope that cora is on the "good" side this time and helps Regina. and that maybe in the end they can part wtih a clear conscience

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Have some Regina and Cora from the underworld.

x
Old 06-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

i loved tht episode. it was great for the both of them

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Cora and Regina's relationship is one that could have used more exploration. It think it's pretty well established that Cora was abusive to Regina, both physically and emotionally. I think she loved Regina in the only way that she knew how to love, but it was a very selfish, twisted love.

Regina clearly craved Cora's attention and approval. She knew Cora was evil, but she still wanted her mother's love so much. She wasn't even able to lay the blame for Daniel's death properly with Cora, which is exactly where it belonged. She blamed Snow for years and then later blamed herself (when she told Robin "he died because he loved me").

I really hated Cora in season 2 (in a love to hate kind of way because Barbara Hershey is awesome), but I enjoyed the underworld scenes. I really liked when Cora said that Regina is stronger than she ever was and that was a strength she got from the people she loves, not from Cora. I think that was probably something Regina needed to hear.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life

Love that gif set
Old 06-16-2017, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

These two were always great onscreen together. But I agree that it could have used more exploration. I always felt like they were building up this intriguing complex dynamic to explore with this mother|daughter relationship in 2A only to have it cut short in 2B with her sudden death. They rushed straight into the Pan|Tamara|Greg subplot instead.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

The whole Greg and Tamara thing was such a waste. When they started that it seemed like some organization in the real world having knowledge of how and why Storybrooke exists and then it totally switched direction and became about Pan and Neverland. It felt like they started telling one story and then decided to drop it, so they found a strange way of making it a lead into Neverland. I really would have liked to see a lot more exploration of Regina and Cora's relationship instead of Greg and Tamara. At least we got a little bit more in the underworld.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I totally forgot Greg and Tamara existed. They were the least interesting villains on ONCE imo.

Wished to see more of Lana and Regina too.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cora is evil but those later scenes we got are beautiful
Old 06-19-2017, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Home Office did initially take on the undertones of being an organization within our world, investigating or searching out magic or magical beings here. I thought it was going there when Tamara sought out August & the Dragon but I just remember being annoyed that Cora was built up and then quickly downplayed in 2B. She could have remained the villain for that season and I think we would have gotten more of a climax pay off for Regina & Cora by the end, with Regina standing up to her mother, not allowing the manipulation, and doing the right thing.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
...I just remember being annoyed that Cora was built up and then quickly downplayed in 2B. She could have remained the villain for that season and I think we would have gotten more of a climax pay off for Regina & Cora by the end, with Regina standing up to her mother, not allowing the manipulation, and doing the right thing.
That would have been a much better story IMO.

I'm guessing we won't see any more of Cora now that she has moved on and I don't expect to see anymore of Regina's youth.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

i dnt think so either which is really sad

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-20-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I think Cora & Regina is a closed book since they wrote Cora to move on from the Underworld into the afterlife.

I definitely would have enjoyed more flashback focus to Regina as a child, with Cora, and it was a shame we had to wait all the way to s5 to get one glimpse of Regina as a child. It also came at the heart of the focus being on Zelena's existence, rather than establishing how Regina had to grow up with Cora. Unfortunately, the time for that really came and left with s2 which was the perfect opportunity to parallel Regina's past with her mother to the relationship in the present. S2 was when Cora was a main villain. So many of Regina's flashbacks just went to her time as EQ with Snow. I liked that earlier on but breaking away from the Snowing drama to Regina's own centic past would have been nice too.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I definitely would have enjoyed more flashback focus to Regina as a child, with Cora, and it was a shame we had to wait all the way to s5 to get one glimpse of Regina as a child. It also came at the heart of the focus being on Zelena's existence, rather than establishing how Regina had to grow up with Cora. Unfortunately, the time for that really came and left with s2 which was the perfect opportunity to parallel Regina's past with her mother to the relationship in the present. S2 was when Cora was a main villain. So many of Regina's flashbacks just went to her time as EQ with Snow. I liked that earlier on but breaking away from the Snowing drama to Regina's own centic past would have been nice too.
I agree. I liked the Regina flashbacks with Snow, especially early on, but after awhile it was just more of the same. We didn't really need multiple flashbacks of Regina terrorizing villagers looking for Snow. I would have loved more of Regina's younger years with Cora.