Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

I'm in Alabama where the man accused of molesting teenagers is running for senate and I'm pretty sure he's going to win. It's very discouraging. I had a 30 year old cousin grab me and kiss me when I was 15. My first kiss. Very disgusting unexpected and unwanted.

I'm pissed off today I have spent the past months working on out budget book. It's about a 200 page book with numerical calculations etc. only to find out it's not what the new boss wants. I'm trying to think it's no big deal but damn. They let me do all that work.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

First of all, it's been the Christmas cake I baked. And it's super delicious. We tried it today for breakfast.

Marilyn, I didn't know that you were living in that state... But I heard about it, on Twitter mostly because it wasn't a big deal in our news. I don't get it. Why isn't there an investigation into this and how can a person run for senate with something like that on his bill? That makes me so angry. But honestly, there is soooooo much wrong going on in the USA lately, I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm so sorry, Marilyn.

Oh damn it, the work thingy isn't any better either. I would be super pissed, too because you put so much afford into it. I'm so sorry

And I'm still not feeling better... I still am suffering a sinusitis and it sucks big time. I feel like crap, very tired and exhausted each day, my nose is stuffed still and I have a headache each day 24/7. I hope it'll finally go away.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Seriously Marilyn? How can a person accused on something like that run for senate? let alone win? But yeah Trump became president as well. So I am sure there are a lot of crazy people supporting him but it is such a big shame that it works like that..

I would be so pissed if they let me do all that work for nothing! I am sorry Marilyn.

I am sorry that you still don't feel better Kris.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Feel better Kris,

yeah, I was mad but I'm okay now. Its just hard dealing with a new person and trying to figure out what they want. I guess we should have shown him our previous book so we could be sure that's what he wanted but we didn't. But still. The new boss is very nice, but that was just frustrating.

We had snow here yesterday! About three inches a beautiful winter wonderland!!! I went to work, but our new boss let me go home after about two hours and said he would not make me use my vacation time but would pay me for the day!! So I guess I need to stop complaining about him. lololol! So I went out and played in the snow for a little while with my sons. We tried to build a snowman, but failed. Came in and made hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and caramel cool whip!

So yeah Kris, I understand about eating during the holidays. But theres just so much around to eat!!!!! and drink! But I do try not to overdo!
Old 12-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know what's wrong with a lot of people in the US lately but if Trump wasn't a warning I don't know what could be... I'm really happy to know people like you, Marilyn It gives me hope.

Aww, great to hear that he let you go, Marilyn He really seems to be super nice and I like that at least. And in the future you know that you'll check back with him before working on such a big project.

Thanks, guys I think today I feel a lot better than the last couple of days

That eating problem... Honestly, I'm so super happy that I really can eat whatever I want without gaining a pound. I'm eating like crazy each day and I still weigh not enough for my size It's strange how it varies with people.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aside from that one thing you're boss sounds nice and really cool he let you go sooner and is paying you! Awesome.

And yay for the snow! We got snow today as well. I just stayed inside and enjoy the nice white winter wonderland view. When I have to go through the snow to go to work, then I hate it.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

We had a Christmas market in town today and damn it, it started out cool. It was cold outside but dry but when we were about 30 minutes around it started snowing and storming like crazy so we walked home about an hour later and arrived as snow men
Old 12-11-2017, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So you didn't see much from the market? That sucks. I am sure you were so cold when you got home.

It snowed like crazy here yesterday as well and today it's even been worse! They are advising everybody to stay inside and don't go on the road if you don't have to. Luckily, I don't have to go anywhere today but my day is at work and he drives a small truck so I hope he can stay safe out there.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

I have never had a weight problem either kris, but several years ago I changed jobs to where I am now. Before it was more customer oriented and I was up and down all day. Now I have a sit down job. I have to admit I gained a few pounds with that change so I started trying to get sure I got some exercise in every day. It really was just little changes. I take the steps and walk on my lunch hour. It made a big difference. I learned I don't do well if I think i need to diet and can't eat. It just makes me want it. So I eat what I want and it works out. I just try to eat one of two and not 10!
Old 12-12-2017, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, do you have winter tires in the Netherlands on your cars? I'm just wondering because so much snow isn't too common for you, right? And I'm wondering because they advised you to not go on the road. We never get that, even when we get 10-20cm snow over night

Get that now, Marilyn And I love that you try to be as active as possible with your job. It's the same for me. I've got a sit down job as well and it can be so frustrating sometimes because you can really feel bad after 9 to 10 hours sitting straight.
And I really try to eat healthy. A bit healthy like cooking my lunch each day or almost each day, having a lot of fruit and make my own green smoothies (because I really have problems eating salad - I'm always really sick afterwards but as smoothies I can have it). So it's kind of the same for me... Although I try to have not too much but mostly fail
Old 12-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes we do have winter tires over here. I've had them on my car for over a month I think. The Netherlands goes crazy when there is snowfall. If they are just a few flocks, the trains are not driving and everybody starts to freak out. me included but only when there was as much snow as there was a couple days ago.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

We had great election results yesterday. The pedoplhile lost. Thank goodness

So we went to this Christmas light show that you drive through. It's for 4 miles. The lights were beautiful and they are synchronized to music so it feels like they are dancing. We had a blast
Old 12-13-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's really strange to know that you have even winter tires over there. But yeah, it's how it is. And I'm kind of glad that your government is worried about your safety at least.

YES!!!! I saw the election results this morning and was suuuuuper happy!!!! There is still hope I guess.

It always fascinates me how crazy America is going over Christmas. I'm sure there is no country where you can attend a Christmas drive though It's funny, really. But I love that you enjoy it so much
Old 12-14-2017, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Christmas as far as all the shopping and stuff is too crazy for me. Sales to the point where people are fighting to get in the store. That's just nuts. I have always loved Christmas but in moderation as far as shopping and my own decorations. It's like some people over here just lose their minds. It really is crazy.

So what is Christmas like in your countries? Do people do a lot of decorating? I think I would love the Christmas markets.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 12-14-2017 at 12:54 PM
Old 12-16-2017, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw it on the news that the guy lost the elections! Thank god he did!

Here in the Netherlands we have two christmas days on Dec. 25th and Dec. 26th. We decorated a lot too over here but not as crazy as in the US. Well some people do, but not everybody. And we celebrate it with my family of course. We don't do present with Christmas cause we have "sinterklaas" on Dec. 5th and do gifts then.