Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Liz knows that there is a lot of good in Red. That he is not just a bad guy. Like Marilyn said, he is a "good" bad guy. Cause if Liz didn't see the good in Red and what they can accomplish together she would have never agreed to working with him. She knows what they do with the task force is for a greater good.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tari, I really love what you said and I think to some degree you're totally correct. She isn't that innocent angel, never was. She simply didn't act on it before, it was triggered by Red and she enjoyed some of it for sure.

And as Marilyn points out, he isn't that bad, he has good sides as well and those are the ones she for sure can identify the most with

For me, on the show, they never were romantic at all... It's always been paternal. But I see where you are coming from, Marilyn and I agree. It could be seen differently.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Tari, I really love what you said and I think to some degree you're totally correct. She isn't that innocent angel, never was. She simply didn't act on it before, it was triggered by Red and she enjoyed some of it for sure.
Red makes it ok for her, lets her dabble in the darkness that she's always been skirting around.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

I know what you mean Kris. It only crosses my mind when I start trying to explain Liz or in conversations like this. It just reminds me of books I have read. Although I must admit the heroine is usually not as horrible as Liz has been acting.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still really wonder if Liz is ever going to change her behaviour towards Red. What has to happen for her to do that? Or will she finally realize what she had when Red is gone or dead? Then she can never make things up ever again.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, after everything that has happened I fear it's only that, which can make her realize how much she loved him, how much she cared. He even gave his life in exchange for hers... This was such a moment and do you recall her reaction when he appeared in her apartment again afterwards. There was no hate, no blaming, just pure happiness about him being alive and that was it... It's these moments that make her see the truth but it's clouded so soon again.

Quote:
Red makes it ok for her, lets her dabble in the darkness that she's always been skirting around.
And sadly I think you're right about this one as well... It's as if Red does everything to keep her from realizing what she's done herself. He takes all the blame, all of her hate and behavior. And I'm sure he very well knows that to some degree it's not all his fault.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
And sadly I think you're right about this one as well... It's as if Red does everything to keep her from realizing what she's done herself. He takes all the blame, all of her hate and behavior. And I'm sure he very well knows that to some degree it's not all his fault.
Red took on the role of being Liz's SIN EATER. He placed himself between her and whatever evil she could perpetrate. I think he takes her ridicule, her scorn, so she doesn't look to closely at the things she's done.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

He wants to protect her from herself.

I don't think he really wants her to dabble in his world though. I think he really wanted to keep her out of that.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think Dembe shouldn't really tell Liz about Kate, that Red kill her, I think this give her excuse to blame everything on him more.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Ooooh Aga. I love your avatar!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You are so right Marilyn, Red wants to protect Liz from herself.

I can see where you are coming from Aga but Liz already blames Red for everything so this one thing can be added to the list as well.

You are right Kris. I wonder what Liz would do if Red would actually die. Then it's to late to apologize.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
Red took on the role of being Liz's SIN EATER. He placed himself between her and whatever evil she could perpetrate. I think he takes her ridicule, her scorn, so she doesn't look to closely at the things she's done.
That's a possibility... Although he has made it clear that she stepped over the threshold when they were on the run together. But I've always in mind that he told her that he never wanted her to become like him and I think he meant it in every way. So yes, I see him doing exactly that, exactly what you described.

Aga, I somehow could hug you! I as well think that Dembe wasn't the one who was supposed to tell her about what happened to Mr. Kaplan. I thought it should have come from Red. And now it's all ruined. Just to get a reaction, to see if she realizes that some of it was her fault, too...

Miranda, you make me sad with that. I don't want Red to die. It would be horrible for me to watch it.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

I saw part of an interview by Jon Bokencamp. It looked like an old one where he is talking about Red's ultimate goal being for Liz to love him. He appeared to be talking possible series ending.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wouldn't mind to have happy ending with this two .
Old 01-31-2017, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I like that idea much better than mine where Red dies in the series end