Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2016, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dan, thanks for all the information. I really love your opinion and insight on these things

And just to continue, the Live+7 for week 23 (3x16 - The Caretaker)

Quote:
Broadcast Live +7 ratings: ‘Big Bang Theory’ has biggest week 23 gain, ‘Jane the Virgin’ and 3 others double

Adults 18-49 – Total gain
5t THE BLACKLIST NBC 1.3 2.6 1.3 100%

dults 18-49 – Percentage gain
4 THE BLACKLIST NBC 1.3 2.6 1.3 100%

Viewers – Total gain
2 THE BLACKLIST NBC 5952 10565 4613 78%

Viewers – Percentage gain
2 THE BLACKLIST NBC 5952 10565 4613 78%
Broadcast Live +7 ratings: ‘Big Bang Theory’ has biggest week 23 gain, ‘Jane the Virgin’ and 3 others double | TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com
Old 03-25-2016, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love it to that you know so much about it Dan. Especially cause I don't and it's always so interesting to read. It somehow consoles me that other shows have lower ratings as well, so that it's not only our show.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I just follow ratings reports and analyses recent years because of a few shows. TV climate has changed.A show with 1.5 demo would def. be cancelled five years ago. Nowadays,it would be a decent number No new shows would keep sub 2.0 this year.Less and less people watch TV shows live. rating standard is changing year after year.So DVR ratings is a reference for renewal.but advertisers just see live ratings.
But there are a vatiety of reasons behind ratings drop, overall quality, time slot,competition, promotion,the cast,hiatus, etc.
The vulture article stated people tend to move on from established shows to new ones. Scandal drop is more because the storyline and quality sucks.So people move on or DVR it.
Generally the quality of network shows go down as years fly by except good ones.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I love it to that you know so much about it Dan. Especially cause I don't and it's always so interesting to read. It somehow consoles me that other shows have lower ratings as well, so that it's not only our show.
Oh yes, it's the same with me... It really consoles me, too.

Although I really think that TBL could have done so much better if it would still be airing on the Monday timeslot. I saw the Blindspot ratings for this week's episode and seriously, they are really low. Even in season 2, TBL was doing so much better on that timeslot.

I'm really glad that they see that the DVR ratings are important as well. Still sad though that the advertisement industry doesn't acknowledge it...
Old 03-26-2016, 05:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I think the three months hiatus affects the ratings of Blindspot. Long hiatus would kill shows momentum. If it can't stabilize in the rest of season,it probably go fractional in S2.Cancellation would be on the way. I see some comments saying the difference between Blindspot and TBL is James Spader.
You should not be too relieved. you need to consider time slot and the type of the show. You can't compare a drama with a sitcom. Usually comedies are higher than dramas. CBS Thursday sitcom are also competition of TBL.some veteran shows still have higher ratings than others,like SVU, Criminal Minds, GA. It's normal that a show airing over five seasons has lower ratings. I have to say Scandal is abnormal, I never saw a show dropped so much within a season,considering it was the highest rated TGIT drama one year ago.
NBC rerun different shows on TBL time slot during the hiatus, Blindspot ,SVU, and 309,310 of TBL. The demo is 0.4, 0.8,0.5,0.5. Perhaps NBC is considering moving a show to Thursday next season being a lead in or lead out with TBL.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 03-26-2016 at 10:07 PM
Old 03-27-2016, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Dan, I think a long hiatus definitely affects the ratings.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dan, it definitely makes sense... I as well think a long hiatus can really affect the ratings badly. So why go that way? I recall that years ago you had these short hiatus' all over the season... It was annoying, too somehow. I like a long hiatus much better than several short ones.

About comedies you're right I as well know that those are mostly higher rated

They airing different shows on the TBL timeslot? I didn't know that... And the ratings aren't good at all.
I really wish there would be proper lead in to TBL. It really could bump the show's rating or stabilize them at least.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

They airing different shows on the TBL timeslot? I didn't know that... And the ratings aren't good at all.
I really wish there would be proper lead in to TBL. It really could bump the show's rating or stabilize them at least.
Yes that could really bump the ratings if they would have a proper lead in. Look at the Luther Braxton episode that aired right after the Superbowl. The ratings went through the roof.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yes that could really bump the ratings if they would have a proper lead in. Look at the Luther Braxton episode that aired right after the Superbowl. The ratings went through the roof.
Yeah, although I think you can't compare any lead in to the Superbowl influence/spectacle. But yes, a proper one, one with maybe a similar rating then TBL has, around 1.6 for example would be awesome.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, although I think you can't compare any lead in to the Superbowl influence/spectacle. But yes, a proper one, one with maybe a similar rating then TBL has, around 1.6 for example would be awesome.
No I know you can't compare the Superbowl maybe if they would have the Voice as a lead in it would be a lot better.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
No I know you can't compare the Superbowl maybe if they would have the Voice as a lead in it would be a lot better.
They had that, right? Back when it was airing on Mondays... But I doubt that'd be an option still.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They had that, right? Back when it was airing on Mondays... But I doubt that'd be an option still.
Yes when they were airing on Mondays they had a good lead in. And NBC is never going to move The Voice so that's a thing we can forget.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yes when they were airing on Mondays they had a good lead in. And NBC is never going to move The Voice so that's a thing we can forget.
Damn it... I'm so disappointed still. But seriously, not even The Voice could have prevented a rating drop with that storyline lately. I really hope they'll make good of the rest of the season.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Damn it... I'm so disappointed still. But seriously, not even The Voice could have prevented a rating drop with that storyline lately. I really hope they'll make good of the rest of the season.
I really hope so too. I hope the remaining 7 episodes do the trick.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I really hope so too. I hope the remaining 7 episodes do the trick.
It would be fantastic tbh but I can't really tell how much it is all messed up for fans already... Some wrongs cannot made right again. It's the same as with forgiveness.