Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Time to make my promise true Here are the Live+7 for week 22 (3x15 - Drexel):

Quote:
Broadcast Live +7 ratings: ‘The Blacklist’ and ‘The Big Bang Theory’ lead week 22

Adults 18-49 – Total gain
6t THE BLACKLIST NBC 1.3 2.7 1.4 108%

Adults 18-49 – Percentage gain
1 THE BLACKLIST NBC 1.3 2.7 1.4 108%

Viewers – Total gain
2 THE BLACKLIST NBC 6023 11008 4985 83%

Viewers – Percentage gain
1 THE BLACKLIST NBC 6023 11008 4985 83%
Broadcast Live +7 ratings: ‘The Blacklist’ and ‘The Big Bang Theory’ lead week 22 | TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com
Old 03-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting them Kris. So percentage wise these are better again then 3x14 right?
Old 03-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, percentage wise but the ratings, the demo ones in adults 18-49 is less... It's just 2.7 in comparison to 2.9 of the previous episode.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:36 AM
Loyal Fan

DVR ratings are not as huge as before.
The 2015–16 TV Season in One Depressing Chart -- Vulture
This article is interesting,TBL is in bottom 5, 33% decline in comparison to 2014-2015 TV season.

One of the comment:
Quote:
Derek117
The Blacklist, once the pride & joy of NBC, dropped 33%. And, frankly, I understand why: the show's writers totally ignore the intelligence and feelings of the audience. The constant "tease-dance" between the two main characters (Red & Liz), coupled with the complete lack of character development for the female lead, and topped off with an insistence on a romance (Liz & Tom) that is hated by many viewers--all combined to sink this show

Last edited by sunshinedan; 03-19-2016 at 08:00 AM
Old 03-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dan, thanks so much for the article... Wow, that's really bad. I knew it was bad but to see it like this and in comparison to all the other shows I think we really can start fearing what'll happen to our show. It's renewed for a fourth season, yes, but that's it...
Old 03-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Loyal Fan

33% ratings decline does mean something went wrong.

TBL is standing side by side with bottom four which are very likely to be cancelled in this current season. Their ratings are quite low,demo is below 1.0. Plus, the lead actors of Galavant & Agent Carter have been cast by new television projects. So it's a death call for these two shows.

Gotham tied with TBL, which has been renewed S3. I used to watch it and dropped in the back half of S1. I heard S2 is better than S1. But I am not interested to catch up. It's a DC comic adaptation,but essentially an average semi procedural crime drama.If it's not hyped as Batman prequel,it's probably gone.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the article Dan. The quote you put in your post is totally on point and I agree with it completely. The writers only think about themselves and not about what the audience wants. I hope they read this article too and see what they did.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dan, I love how much you always know about all these shows. You're always so invented when I don't have a clue about a lot of the shows. Thanks for explaining all of it but yes, I as well could see how bad it looks for TBL and we all know that something went really wrong there.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if the writers don't see what they are doing. They obviously have to see the ratings dropping.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I wonder if the writers don't see what they are doing. They obviously have to see the ratings dropping.
I don't get it either... It's something the network for sure is aware of, I even can see that there were talks with the writers/producers already because that drop for a network isn't easy to take.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:57 PM
Loyal Fan

NBC might be fine with the ratings this season.It's prettey steady before 3.14,1.4-1.6 ,the premiere was 1.8

If it went through a huge drop within a season,that would concern the network.
For example, Scandal ,the premiere demo was 3.3, the fall finale(509): 2.4 , winter premiere (510): 2.1, however 514 was 1.6. It lost half of the demo and millions of viewers since the opening of season5. Same as HTGAWM, the premiere was 2.6, season finale was 1.4 ABC probably isn’t very happy with the big ratings drop of TGIT.

If it's going to drop, that def. would be a warning to NBC.Some talks def. would be going on this summer.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think some talks should be made now already. I really hope S4 is going to change and has better ratings.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, where is that big rating drop for the ABC shows coming from

And yes, you have a point with that, Dan. I'm sure that TBL didn't do too bad since it was pretty much steady. We'll see how it goes towards the end of the season though.

Miranda, yes, if the upcoming episodes will stay as low as the last one that aired or even drop I'm sure some serious talks will happen now already.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's for sure that something needs to change.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:29 PM
Loyal Fan

The broadcast ratings are depressing lately.The trend is downward.Some veteran shows hit series low from hiatus. And some new shows performed underwhelming.
I guess the ratings of 317 maybe even with 3.16 or lower.

As TGIT big ratings drop, I only watch HTGAWM. From what I read on various websites, a lot of fans just bash Scandal ,trash it everywhere.
HTGAWM, I think S2B was underwhelming,the twists were not jaw-dropping enough.On another hand, it's too serialized,viewers maybe want to binge-watching later.
GA is still a ratings powerhouse.