Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2019, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)

I still don't know if she is the real Katarina or not but seriously how many fake people can there be in one show. If one person is not who he says he is, fine but not more.
There could be a club
Old 12-08-2019, 05:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

One the one hand I can not imagine that Katharina is not Katharina. What motivation should she have to find out the truth? How does she know Ilya? As the two remembered the past at the same time, she knew what Ilya said to her in the hotel room and she was very hurt. On the other hand, she was so cool when she said to Liz "I am your mother". There was no emotion at all. One thought came to my mind that might explain why Red tells Liz nothing. For the past few seasons, Red seemed to have a very bad conscience about liz, as if he had taken something from her that he could never give her back. Remember the episode with the harbor master who died by Liz. She sold the apartment Reddington gave her to pay for his daughter's education. Red told her that no matter what she does, she could never give back what she took from her. It seemed like he was talking about himself and Liz. What if Katharina can not be Katharina because ultimately Red killed her to protect Liz- because Ilya and Dom failed? If the conversation between them would be like:
Liz: why didnt you told me she’s my mother?
Red: She is not your mother!
Liz: Why?
Red: Because I killed her.
In the episode of Cape May he said to the young Katharina he had to decide between the wife and the child - and he chose the child. Is the idea too risky?
Old 12-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Easter, I remember the conversation about the harbor master and the Hobson choice from cape May. I always thought we would learn Red was responsible for the fire.

Now I’m not so sure. If this was a true plot to kill Katarina, and now Dom and Ilya have put Masha in more danger, then I can see Red having to make this choice. Dembe also told Red on S5 that liz might never forgive what he did to her mother.

So the clues are there and your theory sounds right on target, but I don’t know for sure anymore.

I too am bothered that this woman shows no emotion for Liz or Agnes. Also that Katarina remarried in 1991 after all she’s been thru. I can’t believe she had enough time to get her life back together and fall in love.

The Katarina we met on the run, was desperate to save liz no matter the cost. It’s hard to imagine that you would just “get over it” and move on. It seems like she would willingly sacrifice herself. She wouldn’t need to be convinced.

Our Red appears to have never gotten over his tragic back story. And he also appears to take his responsibility to liz more seriously than Katarina.

This story still has a lot of holes in it.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly, this episode had me even more confused. All you guys say makes sense and on the other hand doesn't. I really don't know what to believe anymore...

If Red took Katarina from Liz (no matter how he did it and how he got involved after Dom and Ilya's plan in Belgrade), then why is she like that now? How could she fall back in love. That's exactly the questions... Do you think her memories could have been tampered with as well... Or something like that? It would be crap, right? Because how many fake memories can this show take.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

This plot is a bit like swiss cheese atm
Old 12-09-2019, 05:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Honestly, this episode had me even more confused. All you guys say makes sense and on the other hand doesn't. I really don't know what to believe anymore...

If Red took Katarina from Liz (no matter how he did it and how he got involved after Dom and Ilya's plan in Belgrade), then why is she like that now? How could she fall back in love. That's exactly the questions... Do you think her memories could have been tampered with as well... Or something like that? It would be crap, right? Because how many fake memories can this show take.
Dr. Krilov will be in this week's episode. I'm hoping we find out then but I agree. Fake memories. Everyone is an imposter. It's tough sometimes.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
This plot is a bit like swiss cheese atm
Yeah.

And we also learned that Red entrusted Lizs safety to the FBI in the scene When Red is all concerned and said That he thought the FBI was protecting her.. I mean really? I can’t even convince myself that he stepped back because she had him arrested. Or because it was her wishes several seasons ago.

So OOC. This plot is just killing me. How long will it last.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
There could be a club
Yeah the club of fake people.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
Yeah the club of fake people.
Exactly! At this point, I'm holding my breath that Liz is really Liz, Agmes is really Agnes, and Dembe is actually Dembe. (Ok, I know, I know...I'm sorry, don't hate me, I just couldn't resist.)

By the way, I'm with you and still shaking my head that Liz actually had left Agnes with Katarina after realizing there actually had likely been a dead body!

Jenny
Old 12-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Lol Jenny. You are so right.

Omg. Tom is probably alive as is Kaplan. Aram is really Cooper. And Samar is Agent Park.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Lol Jenny. You are so right.

Omg. Tom is probably alive as is Kaplan. Aram is really Cooper. And Samar is Agent Park.
Oh my gosh, Fangirl, too freakin; funny!!!

Hey, it's not our fault...the writers have pushed us to this point!

Jenny
Old 12-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Supreme Fan

At this point I am genuinely confused as to what's going on . Not in a good, "Oooh, intriguing" but in a "What in the world did they do now?" kind of way.

I pretty much telegraphed the moment Katarina told Liz who she was. The fact that she had to spell it out ... Liz, wake up! Hated that Liz was still keeping something secret from Red. If Red had seen that picture, he'd have figured out who it was and been Liz's backup. But no, Liz goes off on her own and actually thinks that a woman who's been a spy for decades is going to just sit in the living room while Liz is in a room all by herself?! Katarina probably heard the cocking of the gun and knew what was going on.

Not sure what we're in for now.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-11-2019, 08:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was happy at Red being Ilya they just keep adding on. They are milking it too much.

Why is the Russian woman angry at Red for He didn't know what they did.

Katarina is Blackhole destroying everyone around her
Old 12-11-2019, 09:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Donna, I thought the exact same thing about Liz! And when they were going through those pictures, I just knew it would be Red that came across the pic of Katarina and was surprised when it was Liz. And yeah, she runs right out...why in the world wouldn't she tell Red? I just don't get it. And yeah, she gets to her apartment and has the big showdown...so now she's ooing to shoot her own mother? Not that K doesn't deserve it, but I have a feeling K is going to pull a psych number on Liz and be all warm and fuzzy with the mother/daughter/granddaughter speech, then somehow, Liz will end up putting the gun down and think about being all buddy buddy with this woman. I know that's a reach but I feel like we don't even know Liz anymore...not even sure she's capable of a rational decision at this point! But if that does happen, K would continue having her evil presence on the show and again, that's unacceptable...I just want her GONE!

And Black_Jack, when it seemed to be clear at one point that Red is really Ilya, I thought hey cool, now at least one mystery is resolved...but then the writers go and pull the rug out from under us again and I find myself right back at square one which is in the valley of complete confusion. I just find it all so frustrating. It would be so nice if one of these days, maybe when they film the very last episode of the show next season (or this one even), that they would tie all the mysteries and confusions together once and for all and there would be no more secrets so we all could stop scratching our heads and having headaches trying to figure it all out. On the other hand, the writers probably figure this is the exact reason we all keep coming back...we just want to KNOW and UNDERSTAND for a change, and so for that reason, we can't miss an episode!

Jenny
Old 12-12-2019, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

They need to write a Blacklist for Dummies user manual when the show ends.