Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only have a dvd player. No blue ray player here.

yes Anlso and Red worked together at some point. No sure on what thougt. Their alliance ended when Anslo gave the FBI Red's train number and itenerary for a stop at Waterloo station in Brussels so they FBI could kill Red. Red realized that Anslo had betrayed him and shot him, damaging the right side of his face and apparently blinding his right eye.

This is still my favorite episode so far! I can't believe this thread has so little posts.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

But hey, a dvd would work, too

Do you think it was in Brussels where he almost was caught by Ressler? Do you think it was the same situation?
I recalled the Anslo betrayed Red but I didn't know on what extend. Man, that's really bad and he deserved his face

We need a season one re-watch at some point as well!
Old 08-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes it was in Brussels where Ressler almost caught Red. Ressler told Cooper in the pilot that they tried to kill Red in Brussels. Ressler knew Red would be in Brussels because of the information that he got from Anslo.

Maybe we could do a S1 re-watch after S3 is done?
Old 08-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Was Anslo or an associate of Red mentioned in the pilot? I'm really curious now... So many things that I would keep an eye on if I'd re-watch season 1

Or maybe even during the three month hiatus after the mid-season finale?
Old 08-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it would be better to do it in the summer hiatus. Otherwise the re-watches would be too close together imo.

No, Anlso wasn't mentioned in the pilot. Ressler only told Cooper that Ressler and his team tried to kill Red in Brussels.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

credit to Miranda

So, guys, it's about time for a re-watch, right? And since we love the good old times so much, we'll start from scratch!

You'll have until Thursday to watch this episode and hopefully discuss it with us here and on the board in general. I'm so excited about what we'll find out that we might have missed before!

Enjoy!
Old 07-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anslo Garrick re-watch!!
Old 07-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

YES!!! I so can't wait to see the episode. Will watch it tomorrow since I didn't have the time today...
Old 07-20-2016, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

So I read through the old posts. I didn't know James was sick during filming. I also didn't know he insisted on carrying the heavy ammo pack! Wow. I read that he suffers from a knee injury. That probably wasn't a good idea for him to carry something that heavy and drag Ressler!

I love this episode. We had a great quit from Ressler that his fiancée left him because he was engaged to Red for five years! I love the interaction between these two. Watching this episode made me think that the writers could have built the series around Red and Ressler and it been just as good. Can you imagine if Red had turned himself into the FBI because of Ressler? Anyway the two have very good chemistry.

When Red is telling Ressler why he's going to stay alive and motivating Ressler to hang on, that was beautiful. Just like a father reciting a bedtime story to a son. And Ressler had a tear in his eye.

The guy who played Garrick was really good. When he banged his head on the wall and said he wanted Red to play with him. Haha

And you know Red locked in the box with no way out and still being cool and calm and snarky with Garrivk. I love it!!!

The last scene with Dembe was great. I wish I knew what they said to each other

Oh and Ressler went to get Red and told him Liz was detained. You can see that Liz is the one person in the world that Red will drop everything for. As Ressler told him you're losing your touch. Red didn't even think he just jumped. That's dangerous for him.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
So I read through the old posts. I didn't know James was sick during filming. I also didn't know he insisted on carrying the heavy ammo pack! Wow. I read that he suffers from a knee injury. That probably wasn't a good idea for him to carry something that heavy and drag Ressler!
That's somehow so James... He doesn't care about it because he's a perfectionist and he somehow lives for his job when he's actually working.

Oh yes, Ressler and Red were amazing in this episode, maybe even the best thing about it
Although I love Aram and Liz, I love Liz in general in this episode. That's what I wanted to see her to be like.

Red's monologue So breathtaking, I agree. I recall watching it for the first time and I was speechless myself. It was so true and honest.

Quote:
The last scene with Dembe was great. I wish I knew what they said to each other
You know what's funny? I never even bothered to know what they said but you're right... We've got no clue what it was. But I think that was some kind of speech in Dembe's mothertongue that James learned before they shot it. He wanted to say it all and in that language. It was his idea I think.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

I loved Aram and Liz too. The whole thing was excellent. I also think it's interesting that in this short amount of time Ressler knew that Red would jump for Liz.

And Red was about to lose his mind for Dembe. The only reason he didn't come out then is because he couldn't wake Ressler up and because Dembe stopped him. Dembe would rather die than have Red get hurt.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 07-21-2016 at 06:28 AM
Old 07-21-2016, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, it was amazing to see how devoted Dembe is to Red as well. He saved him, he saved his life when he was 14... He gave him a life. And I'm sure he'll be forever grateful for that and would want to give his life for Red until the end of his days. That Red would do the same makes it so amazing...
Old 08-23-2017, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Germany drinking and WTF about Ressler being there assuming they are undercover. Though he's there to get Red and Lizzie's been detend

What has Lizzie found pictures of her father but feel like she's gonna find something in all these belongings

What the about a fire

Ressler lied to Red and being put in protective witness. Red being targeted for assassination

OH that's crazy where it seems that Red is right about gonna attack Black Site

Oh man the team he's got no mercy and just killing as they go

Bye bye power Lizzie's in the elevator

OHHHH Ressler got hit really really badly So Red is going to save Ressler's life? this is interesting

Smart girl Lizzie getting out of there and looking into things

Wonder why this Garrick guy is after Red is he a guy for hired? Oh revenge against Red - what did Red do to him

Techie probably not field agent - won't know anything

HOW THE FRAK does he know his agent name how does he know Ressler - oh interestng about Red could have died from an operation that Ressler had

You've got this Lizzie no doubt in my mind

HEHE this techie is adorable

Oh smart girl made a siliencer Now girlie is wired for a fight with their equipment and radio

Red is going to save Ressler with a blood transplant - Red knew about the operation

Aww starting to like this techie - hope we see more of him cause he seems adorable and I like him

"I've only shot at paper"

5 years trying to make his name by chasing Red lose his fiance - oh Ressler really do love this character

"Monkey Wrench"

James really has a way with words|deliver - think Red and Ressler have connected here. He better not be saying all this while Ressler dies

Ressler allowing Red to do what he needs to his leg instead of opening the door oh snap at what he's having to - **** me side ways - wow

Adorable like geek love it

Obviously Ressler passing out from pain

SNAP he blew the head off Red's woman bodyguard the male bodyguard and their conversation

Payback the dude was able to get against Lizzie

GOD DAMN CLIFFHANGER
Old 08-23-2017, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

The techie Aram. You are so right about him!!!!!

Dembe, the bodyguard. Wasn't that awesome.

Red and Ressler, yes! The speech the delivery! Perfect.

Ressler chased Red forever! And now they work together.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aram is adorable can't wait for more cause he adored him in 1x09-1x10

Red has many of great speeches during 1x09 to Ressler even one of them had a tear coming from Ressler - when Red spoke about all the "one last time moments" was so afraid that Ressler was gonna die in that moment was like a putting to ease|calm