Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

[x]

Thor. THOR. You need to slow down with the mead.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Lol what the heck is that all about
Old 03-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

He broke up with Jane. Might that be a spoiler from Age of Ultron?
Old 03-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Okay, how many drinks did he have?

k r i s tine | my art
Old 03-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
He broke up with Jane. Might that be a spoiler from Age of Ultron?

I thought she broke up with him but if it is the other way around I think I'd like that more.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Did Loki shaved his beard in spite while he was passed out drunk?

I don't know if Thor and Jane are really going to break up - it's a rumor that's been around for a while, but with Thor now living on Earth and not having anything calling him back to Asgard (yet), would the movie simply give us a "peaceful", randomly common break-up, probably happening off screen? Although it would be super believable considering those two knew almost nothing about each other and spent a week together when they rode off into the sunset as a couple, lol.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Did Loki shaved his beard in spite while he was passed out drunk?

I don't know if Thor and Jane are really going to break up - it's a rumor that's been around for a while, but with Thor now living on Earth and not having anything calling him back to Asgard (yet), would the movie simply give us a "peaceful", randomly common break-up, probably happening off screen? Although it would be super believable considering those two knew almost nothing about each other and spent a week together when they rode off into the sunset as a couple, lol.
Want Lokane so badly its driving me insane....I WANT IT TO BE REAL!
Old 03-30-2015, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

I believe they do break up if you read what he's saying in one of the gif's below he is calling Jan his X. I also read that Thor does bring it up in the movie that they are no longer together but we will find out soon enough if it's true or not. Beside I don't think there relationship has a purposes anymore and I think that Natalie is just done with the Thor movies and doesn't really want to come back like Anthony Hopkins.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex (View Post)
I believe they do break up if you read what he's saying in one of the gif's below he is calling Jan his X. I also read that Thor does bring it up in the movie that they are no longer together but we will find out soon enough if it's true or not. Beside I don't think there relationship has a purposes anymore and I think that Natalie is just done with the Thor movies and doesn't really want to come back like Anthony Hopkins.
Yeah i've heard all those rumors as well. Its too bad that they didn't make Jane a better character, just a basic love interest. Its too bad Anthony Hopkins won't return cause i love him as Odin. I just think the Thor movies should just focus on family and not romance. I really hate that they killed Frigga so quickly, since she's the heart of the family.

Hopefully the breakup is amicable. There was no way Jane could keep up with Thor. She's just not in Thor's league and she can't fit into Thor's world, its too much for her especially since Thor is the Crown Prince of Asgard and whomever he marries has a big responsibility of being Queen and i don't think Jane is up to it.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Jane was one of those unfortunate characters that really didn't need to be there after the first movie. Add the lack of on-screen chemistry and ... whoosh. Bye Jane!
Old 03-31-2015, 05:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej240z (View Post)
Jane was one of those unfortunate characters that really didn't need to be there after the first movie. Add the lack of on-screen chemistry and ... whoosh. Bye Jane!
Yeah i agree. I could see potential for her but unfortunately i don't think she's popular enough for the writers to put any effort into her, and alot of fans unfortunately don't like her and don't see any potential for her at all, so yeah i guess Natalie Portman will get her wish and not be in future Thor movies.

But...in my head canon i'll just put her as Loki and her having a secret offscreen sexy relationship None of you are gonna ruin my dream
Old 03-31-2015, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

If Jane can't keep up with Thor, she would last 0,01 seconds around Loki.

I don't think it was the lack of popularity that didn't allow Jane to get more development and focus in the story, though - TPTB made a huge point of telling us that she and her relationship with Thor would get their due in the second movie since right after the first film, and even with her being made so central to the plot of TDW, we still got bad writing and a character who didn't really lighten up the screen.

The one thing that makes me think the whole break-up rumors aren't true is that Chris has mentioned her more than once in interviews, and I'm not sure he would do that if Jane had exited Thor's life. Who knows.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
If Jane can't keep up with Thor, she would last 0,01 seconds around Loki.
HEY! You're not ruining my dream okay Yeah but i know Jane and Loki in the MCU wouldn't work out, i mean i don't picture the actual MCU Loki with anyone romantically because he's so deranged and has a one-track mind; humiliate Thor each and every way. But i do think in some way if Jane and Loki met before he went insane they probably would've gotten more along then she and Thor...that's just my opinion.

Quote:
I don't think it was the lack of popularity that didn't allow Jane to get more development and focus in the story, though - TPTB made a huge point of telling us that she and her relationship with Thor would get their due in the second movie since right after the first film, and even with her being made so central to the plot of TDW, we still got bad writing and a character who didn't really lighten up the screen.

The one thing that makes me think the whole break-up rumors aren't true is that Chris has mentioned her more than once in interviews, and I'm not sure he would do that if Jane had exited Thor's life. Who knows.
Tbh TDW was a horrible movie altogether with, like i've said in other posts, the Frigga and Loki scenes and Thor and Loki scenes and Odin and Loki scenes (practically any scene Loki is in), everything else is an uninteresting boring mess that they had to get Joss Whedon in, and mind you i don't consider Joss Whedon this great director. I like when Joss did Buffy and Angel shows (Spike being my all time favorite Buffy character), but i didn't like how he did Loki in The Avengers really.

TDW is just bad period.

I kinda wish the rumors are true because i know so far they're not gonna even try with Jane, first impressions count and she's just an annoyance to alot of MCU fans.

In the comics Thor never only sticks with Jane anyway, from what i heard he's currently pursuing some SHIELD agent romantically, so yeah Jane and Thor aren't some end all be all starcrossed lovers.

The Thor movies should just focus on family and not romance stuff. I know that the Thor movies are very popular with females but that doesn't necessarily mean they should turn it into a chick flick with unrealistic romantic relationships.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

Joss also did firefly that show was great and he seems to take a lot of heat for loki being so cold in avengers to me it was not that far of a stretch. There was a reason for it Loki had been through hell that whole year he was gone and it harden him. Tom talked about it in an interview it would have been nice if they had made that more clear in the movie but it makes since when you hear tom talk about it.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

x

k r i s tine | my art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread