Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I wonder what Catherine is going to do when she finds out that Francis went out into the towns with the plague going on. I bet she is going to freak. And probably be so mad at Mary for telling him about Lola when the plague hit.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

She will probably send half of the guards of the castle to look out for him

Toby Regbo
Old 06-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

To be fair, Mary didn't know about the plague when she told him about Lola's baby. Nostradamus is the psychic, not Mary. I don't think she can be blamed for not having foreknowledge of the impending crisis.

With that said, Catherine might very well think Mary foolish for telling him about Lola and the baby. If she could erase Diane and Bash, I'm sure she would.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I know Mary's not psychic I didn't say that Mary knew about the plague before she told Francis about the baby.

I just honestly don't think Catherine will care whether Mary knew about the plague or not. I think she will still blame Mary for Francis being out of the castle when it struck. Fairness and reason when it comes to her children is not her strong suit.

Last edited by One Thing Remains; 06-21-2014 at 09:41 PM
Old 06-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

^You are very right, in that respect. As proven by every action Catherine has ever taken against Mary.

And yet, I think Catherine also knows that if Mary could have stopped him from leaving, she would have. The one thing these two women have in common is their love for Francis. No one wants him to be safe more than these two.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

I just hope that Mary and Catherine will not turn into enemies I love watching them work together and I would not stand that they become rivals again
Old 06-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

yes you're right Rachel. I do think Catherine will believe that Mary did everything she could to stop him

I don't want them to be enemies either Issa A few episodes of them on opposite sides is fine, but I also want them to have eps where they work together.

I don't think they will ever be bff's though
Old 06-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Although Mary and Francis' marriage is a lot better than Catherine and Henry's, it's ironic that there are some parallels.

Henry had a child by his mistress. Francis is having a child with his one night stand. Catherine didn't get pregnant right away, neither did Mary. I think that these parallel situations in their lives will bring them together.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

^Catherine's reaction to that storyline is just about the only part of it I am genuinely curious about. Will she empathize with Mary? Will she try and get rid of Lola? Or will she protect her grandchild just as fiercely as she protects her children?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

It's hard to say. I would like to say that Catherine would fiercely protect her grandchild, but with the way she totally disregarded Clarissa when she found out she was her daughter makes me wonder. Clarissa was her child and she would not accept her so it's hard to say if she would unconditionally accept a bastard grandchild.

I think no matter how she reacts to the grandchild she will probably show disdain towards Lola because of what happened to her with Diane.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

^I agree with that part. The baby is one thing, Lola is quite another.

I don't think Catherine completely dismissed Clarissa. I saw some genuine emotions there, but when her younger sons' lives were in danger, there was really no question who she'd choose.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Maybe that's just the way it seemed when Clarissa tried to save her. Catherine acted like she wanted nothing to do with her, but maybe that had more to do with the situation than her feelings for Clarissa.

I completely understand why Catherine would choose the children she raised over Clarissa when she tried to kill the boys.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think that Catherine has very conflicted emotions regarding Clarissa. She's not Henry's child, she's the product of an illict affair. An affair that cost Richard his head and almost cost Catherine hers.

We also have to remember that for years she thought that Clarissa had died in infancy. Nostradamus' father botched the removal of the birth mark that she inherited from Richard and told her that the baby had died. Poor Clarissa had a terrible childhood and was mentally unbalanced. It was a shock for Catherine to find out that Clarissa was alive.

Clarissa's very existence put Catherine's life in danger. Henry finally relented and commuted her sentence just before Francis and Mary's wedding, but I think that if they hadn't wed, he would have had her beheaded.

I can't wait to see what happens when Clarissa finally reemerges. Right now Nosty is the only one who knows that she's alive.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Those are all really good points Beawild It must have been really hard for Catherine to process everything in such a short amount of time.

I am also curious to see how things play out when Clarissa returns to the castle. I think that Nost may be dreading that day.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Who knows? Maybe Catherine has mellowed out now that Henry is gone and will accept Clarissa. She's still her child.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread