Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2015, 10:31 AM
New Fan

I didn't think I'd like this episode, but it wasn't that bad. I mean, I'd have rathered Narcisse not go through with it, but it really revealed a lot more about him. And really, he didn't have a choice, imo.

The way he talks to Catherine after it all really makes it clear that he barely even respects Catherine. And there's potentially some kind of self-realization even going on when he's lecturing her about how she doesn't believe anyone can know her and still love her - is that how he feels about himself?

While Lola was heartbroken, when she approached Narcisse, she was desperately looking for some kind of answer or explanation for what he did. She seemed like she really believed that something wasn't right and he didn't want to do what he did. I don't know. I think there will definitely be more to come, albeit maybe never a true relationship.

I expect Narcisse to do more for her in the future, at least.

Last edited by Lola_Narcisse_Fan; 05-01-2015 at 10:36 AM
Old 05-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola_Narcisse_Fan (View Post)
I didn't think I'd like this episode, but it wasn't that bad. I mean, I'd have rathered Narcisse not go through with it, but it really revealed a lot more about him. And really, he didn't have a choice, imo.

The way he talks to Catherine after it all really makes it clear that he barely even respects Catherine. And there's potentially some kind of self-realization even going on when he's lecturing her about how she doesn't believe anyone can know her and still love her - is that how he feels about himself?

While Lola was heartbroken, when she approached Narcisse, she was desperately looking for some kind of answer or explanation for what he did. She seemed like she really believed that something wasn't right and he didn't want to do what he did. I don't know. I think there will definitely be more to come, albeit maybe never a true relationship.

I expect Narcisse to do more for her in the future, at least.
Yeah, I have to agree with you. At first I was pissed, mostly because Lola is the most precious thing on this freaking show and she must be protect AT ALL COSTS

But watching the episode again, it was clear that Narcisse found himself in a situation where he didn't really have a choice. The look on his face said it all when Lola walked away and when he told Catherine tht she'll never speak to him again. Also, if looks could kill, Catherine would have burned where she stood. The entire Catherine/Narcisse thing is a joke. He's using her. He doesn't feel anything for her. I also love when Lola told him that's it's usually not his style to hurt people for money. She definitely knew something was up with him.

Let's see what happens next...

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm angrier with Catherine than with Narcisse.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Frankly I don't know how to process what happened tbh
It went too far in my opinion and I'm so mad about what happened to Lola and I hope she will come out stronger from this. I know that Catherine had a big part in this. Maybe even more than Narcisse because if he chose not to, she could've had her killed, let's be honest here she doesn't give a crap about Lola's life and after killing Diane I think she's crazy enough to do the same to Lola..
I liked that he had that look on his face after confronting her, he obviously wanted to go back and erase what he did.
I seriously hated the fact that Catherine was all smiles and gloating I mean wtf is she for real
Old 05-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Catherine is becoming so hard to like lately...

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Extreme Fan

I think Narcisse will redeem himself in the finale.Maybe with the war and everything, he'll have an important role protecting Lola and her baby.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:20 PM
New Fan

Is it weird that I hate no one?

Catherine had her reasons. Narcisse had his reasons. I believe Lola can easily bounce back from this horrible situation. She showed no fear with all the men gaping at her and just marched right up to them and told them off. Then told Narcisse off. So Lola can slay all the gossip. It's not something that would utterly destroy her. I rather this then her getting the worst end of the stick. Reputations can be built back up. You're life cannot be brought back from death. So I know people will disagree with me. But Narcisse did the kinder "unforgivable" thing that was convincing enough for Catherine and her spies to believe so that they back off from Lola.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

^^Catherine's reasons are ridiculous. It's not because she doesn't know if she can't trust him that she asked for Narcisse to do that. It's because she's just an insecure old woman (and this is coming from someone who loved her). I hate how they're writting her this season.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-01-2015, 10:10 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
^^Catherine's reasons are ridiculous. It's not because she doesn't know if she can't trust him that she asked for Narcisse to do that. It's because she's just an insecure old woman (and this is coming from someone who loved her). I hate how they're writting her this season.
I wouldn't say it's totally ridiculous. The biggest bullies have insecurities. I think Narcisse's speech to her was pretty on point on how Henry basically neglected her for years and how she came out of it cynical then most. Whenever she looks at Francis and Mary earlier in the season she laments that Francis love for Mary surpasses Henry's "love" for her. She tells Mary in 2x06 to let go of "foolish romantic expectations." and basically advises Mary to close herself off to Francis when there is rough waters ahead. Because that was her experience.

So yeah she's has some rooted insecurities and she compensates by having the upper hand on everything. Controlling everything so that she comes out of it unscathed. She always like to be in step ahead of everyone else. And it's no different with trying to control Narcisse's actions.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

meh!

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

I will never excuse Catherine for what she did, or Narcisse for that matter. There are lines that you do not cross. And it's not the first Catherine used these kinds of methods to ruin a woman or further her own agenda. I still don't forget that she tried to have Mary raped, that she told everyone Olivia was a whore just so she breaks up Frary and that way, she ruined her without even caring one bit about it. And now, THIS.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I did watch the scene but at that moment I was enraged at Narcisse for doing what he did. I've had time to process what happened so I understand why he did this but I still find it hard to forgive him. I can't imagine what he would or could do to get Lola's trust back. I mostly agree with what Mandy said. I think it went too far. It's basically like the 16th century version of releasing a sex tape or private picture without a person's knowledge. And also like Mandy said, I hardly think they'll address this, or address it at all in a proper way, mainly because it's Lola. She's not Mary, the lead, so we won't get a satisfying end to this matter. It's just that, I feel with everything else that happened with Lola, this was another low in her life in which she is forced yet again to endure ridicule (as if she didn't have enough of that by now). And it just makes it all the more hard to keep shipping these two.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I can't deal with Catherine's reasons too. They are just not ok for me.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRidingLola (View Post)
I did watch the scene but at that moment I was enraged at Narcisse for doing what he did. I've had time to process what happened so I understand why he did this but I still find it hard to forgive him. I can't imagine what he would or could do to get Lola's trust back. I mostly agree with what Mandy said. I think it went too far. It's basically like the 16th century version of releasing a sex tape or private picture without a person's knowledge. And also like Mandy said, I hardly think they'll address this, or address it at all in a proper way, mainly because it's Lola. She's not Mary, the lead, so we won't get a satisfying end to this matter. It's just that, I feel with everything else that happened with Lola, this was another low in her life in which she is forced yet again to endure ridicule (as if she didn't have enough of that by now). And it just makes it all the more hard to keep shipping these two.
ICA, it's really enraging and so annoying to realise that they're not going to address this when it's such a sensitive issue in our century. I mean if they're not going to address it why did they even introduce it ? I just can't tbh, I know Narcisse had his reasons, maybe Catherine did too but frankly this is all a bunch of crap, especially for Catherine because wtf were those reasons ? Narcisse crossed a line in doing this, this is litterally a sex crime, how can you forgive someone for a sex crime regardless of their reasons let alone be with them and date them or whatever ?
I can't imagine that for myself, they took things way too far, and I feel so awful for Lola, it's the most horrible thing in the world.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:13 PM
New Fan

To be fair I think every single one of these characters have already crossed the moral line one way or another on this show. Crappy things that happened have always been referenced even if we didn’t see it. The only painful thing is actually witnessing it this time around to a character we’re actually attached to.

Characterization wise, I think this was the turning point that we needed for Narcisse. Because up until now he’s never felt any emotional backlash because as far as he’s concern he’s not really emotionally attached to any of these people and everyone at court uses each other. So it’s fair game to him, until Lola comes along. Then he really felt for the first time, maybe in a long time, the emotional backlash of his actions.

He suddenly railed against Catherine about destroying something because she doesn’t trust it’s real. Like others said he’s probably also pointing at himself at that moment. They’re two unlovable people that have a lot of trust issues that use power and control to compensate, even for petty reasons. Narcisse was just beginning to feel some affection for Lola and in turn see that Lola has some sort of caring towards him. So they cut to a shot of his face and after Lola walks away hurt and it’s like a light bulb went off his head at the realization of what he just did. And for the first time the audience gets to see some real emotion from Narcisse.

I don't think Catherine is necessarily jealous of Lola and Narcisse, or that she loves Narcisse. She likes having Narcisse around because they’re like minded and the sex is fun, but I think that’s as far as it goes. I think it’s the idea that a man like Narcisse would show some "uncharacteristic chivalry" to a girl like Lola, who seems so unimpressive. When Henry who's also a womanizer never did that with her. It’s something extremely personal to her, which we don’t often see because we always see her tough and being a badass, not anything that is deeply or personal that unveil insecurities.

I don’t know if this makes sense to anybody LOL.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread