Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

^Why not? More suitors for Greer!

If he likes married woman I don't mind as long as he stays away from the one married to the King (don't you dare @reignwriters!)

Toby Regbo
Regbo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

I hope it's Greer then, and not Kenna :p
Old 10-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Extreme Fan

unfortunately it seems every male series regular must want Mary at some point i.e. francis, bash, henry, and now conde. The only one who hasn't shown interest is Leith.

Narcisse isn't a series regular, but if he was, I'm sure they would write him as having some undeniable attraction to Mary even though he can't stand her.

It's so tiring.
makeitreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 (View Post)
Why not Conde x Cat?
That's my girl!

How about Cotherine?
No, seriously now.. I can't imagine him with Catherine, I know it's not real
I always thought there will besomething with Lola but
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes I'm still hoping for Condola to happen
It will be like the new Kennash haha
Old 10-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
unfortunately it seems every male series regular must want Mary at some point i.e. francis, bash, henry, and now conde. The only one who hasn't shown interest is Leith.

Narcisse isn't a series regular, but if he was, I'm sure they would write him as having some undeniable attraction to Mary even though he can't stand her.

It's so tiring.
So true it hurts.

I do think Conde's main purpose is to become a foil for Francis and part of that is for him to "get closer" to Mary. Even if it's only platonic, it will be problematic.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

I hope he won't get romantically closer to Mary. The fact that every guy of the show did want her at some point is annoying, I mean, I know she's the protagonist and all but she's not the only girl on earth
Old 10-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Extreme Fan

I've accepted that I have to deal with Conde wanting Mary. my only hope is the writers don't have Mary teaming up with Conde behind Francis's back.
makeitreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
So true it hurts.

I do think Conde's main purpose is to become a foil for Francis and part of that is for him to "get closer" to Mary. Even if it's only platonic, it will be problematic.
I think this is a big part of things. He is a foil. A huge part of MQOS's rule when she went back to Scotland was fighting for more religious tolerance. They're likely seeding that through a close friendship with a Protestant at French Court during the religion-related chaos. Personally, I think it's brilliant. Much better than some of the other pieces they have tried to cram into her life prematurely.

I don't know that I see "Conde wanting Mary" just yet. It might get there, sure, but what I've seen looks more like sympathy for her situation. We'll see how it plays out, I'm sure.

Perhaps I'm alone in this (and it's totally fine if I am), but I actually really enjoyed Sean in this episode (aside from the scene where he discovers his nephew in the throne room, which I thought was a bit overdone). His conversation with Mary was strongly poignant and he's (obviously) done hiding his Protestant connections. Now that those have been laid bare, I think we'll see a more of who he truly is in the coming episodes.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

I agree, Kate. Thus far, Conde doesn't seem to have the THIRST for Mary, nor she for him. But we are all very familiar with this show's M.O. and if Mary is getting friendly with a male character, there is a very strong chance that he will fall for her and she, if not actually tempted, will in the very least get uncomfortably close due to circumstances.

I will say, that I like that Conde isn't overtly a villain. He may be a foil, but he does seem to be a decent human being. On the surface, at least.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

He didn't seem to but that "daring and fierce" compliment was kinda awkward, and the fact that she came to him saying "My husband doesn't give me what I want so I came to you" while he just finished giving another girl what her husband doesn't give her... I mean seriously if I were Conde or that girl I would've burst into laughing at the coincidence.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

Lovely interview with Sean.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:45 PM
New Fan

I love Louis's character on Reign. I'm new to this forum and was wondering if there's a thread for Louis and Mary yet. Thanks!
Revengefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Totally in love with Condé.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love him too, I think he's amazing and I'm so looking forward to his relationship with Claude, so much potential
I don't think there is a Louis and Mary thread yet, but you can make one if you want !