Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also, one thing I want to add, I don't get how Bash don't have any lands, it's weird. His mother has a lot of lands in France, she has a lot of estates and chateaus all over France in the show and in real life, and Catherine didn't take any of those lands from what we know in the show and in real life. So how could he possibly not have any lands ?
Yes it's honestly nonsense I totally agree.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's annoying but anyway ..
Look at how happy they look in this gif
Old 10-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

Reign Daily

Such cutie pies!
Old 10-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
No I think when Bash will really start doing his job as the king's deputy, more people will realise that he is powerful now, and that he is close to the king, and they will want to be close to him, some of them might give him gifts. Kenna thought that girl's husband wanted to be friends with the king's deputy, I don't think it was naive..
Also, one thing I want to add, I don't get how Bash don't have any lands, it's weird. His mother has a lot of lands in France, she has a lot of estates and chateaus all over France in the show and in real life, and Catherine didn't take any of those lands from what we know in the show and in real life. So how could he possibly not have any lands ? didn't she give him anything ?
Actually, Catherine took Chernceux (sp?) back from Diane after Henry died in real life. And the explanation that the show is giving is that Catherine refused to let Bash be recognized officially as his son with titles and lands, which is why he had none until he married Kenna and Kenna got that estate from Catherine for helping with Penelope.

You guys get such pretties.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 10-17-2014, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

complete set here

I think the point is that it just doesn't make sense for Bash not to have any land because his mother is a rich woman, coming from a wealthy family. I think Diane and Catherine were even closely related--of course the show didn't mention that, but js. It's just so unlikely.
And actually, his being so disrespected by everyone is unlikely too, imo. I understand that noble blood doesn't authomatically make one respected, especially if it doesn't come with riches, but too many people treat Bash with no consideration whatsoever--Kenna was insulted for being married to him, the killer's wife basically said they're nobody. We're talking about a son and brother to kings here.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Diane de Poitiers was actually titled Duchess of Valentinois and after Henry's death Catherine took Chenonceaux and gave Diane Chaumont.

This is Diane's chateau after Henry's death. Chateau of chaumont

And this is her other chateau of Anet (or what's left of it right now )

So I think she is pretty rich and she is really powerful according to history. She had many chateaus like that so I'd say she could have gifted Bash and Kenna one of them.

Last edited by itsmemandy; 10-18-2014 at 04:55 AM
Old 10-18-2014, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The dance bye

Beside the bed one, I have other gifs for you

Should I post a link?
Old 10-18-2014, 06:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes please I want to see more gifs of them !!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

I kind of like Chaumont better?? Though I see the other one was much bigger.

Ale, you should always post gifs!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Addicted Fan

My favorite part of the dancing was when Kenna was spinning and they were grinning at each other. Bash is so serious usually, it's like Kenna makes his life complicated, but also makes it a complete blast.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

The thing is though, I don't think they made it seem like Diane on the show was wealthy at all. To me, she seemed to be under the protection of the King. She also seemed to be younger than both Catherine and Henry on the show. In real life, she was 20 years older than Henry and Catherine and had presence, but she lacked that on the show and seemed rather mousy to me.

The other thing is that Diane would likely not have been able to pass any of her wealth to her bastard child, if there was some sort of entail attached to her holdings. Bastards had no legal ability to inherit unless written specifically in the will for the bastard.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 10-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I kind of like Chaumont better?? Though I see the other one was much bigger.

Ale, you should always post gifs!
Ask and you'll be given:

you're the one
you're the one
Old 10-18-2014, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

About this scene: you're the one
I was like what do you mean 'I should'? And then he said 'I do' but I was just about to get into my laptop and kill the guy lol.

Scarlet, you're right, Diane isn't half the person she really was on the show. I should probably not be too surprised. Even her relationship with the king has been downplayed a lot, we may have seen some HD tiles but that was about it.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes in real life Diane was really powerful even after Henry's death, because she had an alliance with Mary's uncles. And her relationship with the king meant more than what was protrait in the show, they were soulmates and the day of Henry's death he kept asking for her. In the show, they make it sound as though Henry loved Catherine which he didn't in real life.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Speaking of, where's Mary's uncle now? Was he like *defeated* last season and I forgot about it?

I'm sooo swooning over his smile when he's around her.

salvage of a lifetime