Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

nick.slater: Keeping my mind in the gutter
Old 03-03-2020, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

nick.slater: We’re big in Japan. Taking my long blacks on the road and stoked to find a decent tasting, sugar-free flash brew ☕️ @suntorybosscoffeeanz
#suntorybosscoffee #flashbrew #howjapancan #coffee #japan #collab

nick.slater: Down the coast with a tailwind
Old 03-15-2020, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

New Nick IG posts, including a sweet message about postponing LMSR2.

nick.slater: Favourite spot for breakky. Next time in Sydney, do the Bondi-Bronte coastal walk and treat yourself to a @barenakedbowls at the finish line. Extra PB essential.

nick.slater: Gutted that we won’t be seeing everyone in Paris for the Reign convention but completely support the decision to postpone #lmsr2 in the interest of health and safety. Now we have something to look forward to later in the year. Can’t wait to see you there and stay safe x
Old 03-19-2020, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Wise words from Nick.

nick.slater: I just wanted to check in and see how everyone’s doing. My heart goes out to the folks on lockdown and doing it tough. It’s extraordinary how we’ve been united so quickly by a virus and the concern, anxiety and uncertainty around it.
To share some things I’ve found helpful - I’ve been making regular visits to the ocean and recommend connecting with nature in any way you can. I’ve also found that being more intentional with media has been essential. Our 24 hour news cycle is addictive and I found myself absorbing a lot of fear and panic. Today, I checked the news once for half an hour which helped my mindset.
Mostly, It’s a time to take greater care of eachother and lean away from fear towards love and kindness. We’ll get through it! Let me know how you’re getting on and stay safe x
Old 06-17-2020, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I lost track of Nick during the lockdown. Missed his handsome face.

nick.slater: Had a fun morning chatting with people from all over the world on Cameo.
I love the way we’re harnessing mobile apps to genuinely connect with one another at the moment. And despite what this photo would lead you to believe, I wasn’t under the influence. It was early.

Look me up on @cameo where I’m donating 75% of the fee to @foodbankaus - supporting vulnerable groups during this crisis 🙏🏽

nick.slater: “There is a space inside you that can’t be touched by anything that happens around you. This is where you have access to true security. True security is falling in love with the unknown and making it your home.” - Kyle Cease.

While so much of our external environment is out of our control at the moment, the most helpful thing to do is look inward, connect to our value and find peace amongst the unknown. We’ll always have our inner abundance.

Hope ya doing good!

nick.slater: Grateful for any time outside at the moment. Something I probably took for granted a month ago. Hope you’re staying safe and holding up!

nick.slater: Gratitude to Joe Exotic for validating my Iso Mullet
Old 06-21-2020, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

nick.slater: The ocean is thriving at the moment. Feeling very lucky to enjoy it this morning 🐠
Sharing some grass is greener perspective from @asavageinindo @aurasurfresort -

Traffic has gone,
Fuel is affordable,
Bills extended.
Kids are at home with their families.
Parents are home taking care of their
Children.
Fast food replaced by Home cooked meals.
Hectic schedules replaced by naps, rest,
and relaxation.
The air seems cleaner.
The world quieter.
People are conscious about hygiene and
Health.
Money doesn't make the world go round anymore.
Designer clothing is pointless as nobody
ever really needed it
Doctors and nurses are being praised and
recognized instead of athletes and
celebrities.
And we now have time, finally

Have a great weekend ✌🏽

nick.slater: A man and his Havaianas, an Iso Love Story

More precious moments soon... #HomeInHavaianas @havaianas_au

nick.slater: Aussie Autumn 🍃

My favourite time of the year in Australia. I’ve been so lucky to have the coast and surfing as an outlet lately. Hope I can provide the same for you with this little iPhone megamix of Mother Nature doing her thing. Music by @BenHoward_
#seeaustralia @australia @visitnsw

nick.slater: Filter all day ☕️ Shooting from the comfort of home (and track pants) during iso @frenchconnection_au

nick.slater: Animals puns, veggie patches and suspicious ponies coming your way.

nick.slater: Here if you need me. Hope it’s a great weekend guys ✌🏼

nick.slater: How I feel about filming in pools in the middle of winter

nick.slater: It’s Men’s Health Week so I thought I’d share a little somethin that I’ve found helpful for mindset over the last couple of months.

When I’m feeling unsettled or unclear, I “zoom out”. I whip out the journal and detail specifically where I’d like to be in 3 years time. Things like where I’m living, what I’m working on and how I’m feeling. I visualise the lifestyle I want and outline the small, actionable steps to get there. Doing this lifts the pressure and expectation off the present moment, and trains our minds to think long-term, resisting the trap of instant gratification.

Zooming out every so often re-frames my perspective and reminds me to trust the process.

Excited for you to give it a crack ✌🏼 #menshealthweek

nick.slater: Happy International Surfing Day! Grateful for the friends I’ve made and places I’ve explored through surfing 🙏🏽
Old 07-16-2020, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

nick.slater: My iso mullet suffered a swift and respectful death at the hands of skilled hair-man @jaiden_edwardsandco ✂️ cheers fellah!

nick.slater: @thursdayboots on a Friday. Hope it’s a great one guys 🤘🏼
Old 07-23-2020, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Beautiful.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

nick.slater: It’s funny how books find you when they’re supposed to. I finally picked up The Power of Now, given to me last year. Eckhart Tolle talks about how people enter a compulsive pursuit of ego-gratification without stopping to smell the roses. Where life’s journey no longer becomes an adventure but an obsessive need to succeed, arrive and make it. I can’t identify with that at all as an actor 🤥

In many ways covid has been a mirror to show us how much we rely on that pursuit to feel accomplished and whole. When everything stopped it challenged our identity and our sense of self.

The Power of Now shines a light on the illusion that the future will make us happy. And that if we don’t find happiness and self-esteem intrinsically, no external situation or condition will change that.

The quickest way to do that? Turn your attention to the present moment. It’s amazing how much joy and flow comes through by giving your full attention to one thing without worrying about future problems like fear of judgement or fear of failure. I feel like that’s why the beginning parts of lockdown were often exciting because we gave ourselves permission to ****-off our expectations and just enjoy the present moment.

It’s such a valuable tool because if we don’t need conditions, situations or results to be happy then we’ve already succeeded right? What better time to put that into practice than, well, now.

(I realise now I should have worn a beaded necklace and loose fitting robes with holes in it for this post)

nick.slater: Every doggo needs a human for a pillow

nick.slater: When Rainbow becomes a wavepool. We’ve been spoilt with swell and delicious wintery conditions.

nick.slater: Dad introduced me to the ocean. With his name on my arm, I get to share it with him everyday 🌊
Old 08-20-2020, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

nick.slater: Never dog a sunset 😉

nick.slater: When the fish taco diet becomes a thing, ima be a leading expert in the field. Best taco pun wins 👇🏼
Old 09-03-2020, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

nick.slater: With this lid on it feels roughly 74% more summery

nick.slater: Poser. Caught this beauty in the fog this morning. Had to request a pic.

nick.slater: Instagram v reality 👆🏼

jordan_harvey_photography: Remembering that time I did a shoot with @nick.slater back when we could travel ✈️
Old 09-15-2020, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

nick.slater: Do you ever wake up and slip into a negative thought pattern? A negative thought will sneakily slip in under the radar of our awakening mind. Before we know it, it snowballs and ruins our morning.

I reckon 95% of the time, those negative thoughts come from the ego. The ego is overprotective and once it smells a threat it will let us know. It’s one of the ways our ego can control us.

I use this method to break the pattern 👇🏼

Once you notice negative thoughts creep in, blame them on your ego. Even be condescending. Step back and think, “ohh that’s just old mate ego doing it’s thing”. Doing this makes us separate to our ego.

I’ve even gone to the lengths of giving my ego a character. As soon I notice those thoughts, I blame them on the dog (stay with me 😂).
I literally visualise a dog barking next to me, trying to protect me. I laugh it off and the thought passes.

The goal is to be separate from our thoughts and our mind and our ego. To make them tools, which we can tap into when they benefit us but detach from when they become destructive. We always have the power to change our mood.

Hope you can relate to that! I’m fascinated by mindset tools like this and thought I’d share. Love you ✌🏽

nick.slater: My sincerest condolences to friends and family of the surfer who was killed yesterday on the coast. We share the same name and the same beach so the news hit pretty hard and caused some confusion today. Thankyou everyone for your concern but I’m fine. It’s bloody heartbreaking and just another reminder of how quickly things can change. I hope Nick’s family can find some comfort knowing he died doing what he loved.

nick.slater: Ripping into a big brekky after a fun morning in the ocean.

I was thinking out there how much I love the simplicity of surfing. It’s the one place where you don’t have notifications or e-mails and you don’t have to worry about time.

So when we catch waves and leave the ocean feeling completely fulfilled, it’s the best lesson that we only need the simple things in life to be happy.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

nick.slater: I was way more excited than I look. 4 years ago today - my first fitting for Henri in Reign.

This was my first introduction to the wonderful creations of @meredith_costumes and her team.

I’m still waiting for Meredith to send me down one of these beautiful coats… and a corset.

nick.slater: Dream big, step small👇🏼

In the past I’ve fallen into the trap of wanting everything now. I had a clear idea of success and wanted it instantly. It didn’t matter how hard I worked because I was comparing my current situation to an imaginary future which was still a few years off.

I didn’t realise at the time how problematic that mindset was. It was ineffective goal setting at best, at worst it trained my mind to be unfulfilled in the present moment.

What I’ve come to learn is that while it’s important to set goals, it’s just as important to enjoy the steps to get there. And as a bonus, when you enjoy those steps, you do better work and are more likely to reach the goal 🤷🏼*♂️

An acting audition is a great example of this. If you go into the room focusing on the outcome (to book the job) you’re shooting yourself in the foot. You won’t seem present, you won’t enjoy it and your creativity will be stifled. Instead, if you enter with an intention to enjoy the audition, creativity will flow. The outcome becomes irrelevant because the process was a blast.

With macro goals, I work backwards and write out small, actionable steps to achieve them. I’ll put them in my calendar without overloading it, taking bite-sized pieces each day. I try and give my full attention to each step without focusing too much on the wider objective. You’ll be surprised at how quickly each small step adds up.

So dream big but keep your steps small. It’s all about the journey, not the destination 😏

I’m super interested in mindset and love hearing from you so let me know if you can relate ✌🏽
Old 10-11-2020, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

nick.slater: I’m into Rob Lowe’s podcast at the moment and just listened to his chat with Caitlyn Jenner.
The way she explained her story with incredible depth and honesty couldn’t have happened on any other medium. It completely expanded my thinking and I’m so grateful we have podcasts to do that. Other regular listens are Armchair Expert, Rogan and Song Exploder.

These @bose 700’s let you choose between different levels of noise cancelling, so you can hit pause on 2020 and rip into some great ep’s without distraction.

Hit me with some other great pods!

nick.slater: It’s so true that our bedroom is a reflection of our state of mind.

It’s easy for it to get messy with thoughts building up like clutter. And like a room, once it’s untidy, we lose track of where to put things and we’re left feeling scattered and anxious.

nick.slater: It’s easy to forget that we’re just twirling around on a speck of sand in the middle of space.

The second photo is taken from Voyager 1 and the tiny white dot is Earth, 3.7 billion miles away.

I love this quote from Astronomer Carl Sagan talking about the dot:

“That’s home. That’s us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust.”

It’s fkng amazing what we’ve created on this dot. Let’s make the most of it ✌🏼
Old 11-16-2020, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICK SLATER!!

nick.slater: Thanks for the birthday wishes! It’s been a helluva trip around the sun.
❤️

And, we have a little catch up to do on Nick's IG.

nick.slater: At the top of this week I was feeling flat.
One of those days where you’re low on energy and a wee bit anxious for no good reason 🤷🏼*♂️
On days like these, I return to the basics:

• Exercise
I’ll get moving to release endorphins.

•Load up on veggies
What we eat influences our mood.

•Meditate
10 to 20 mins of sitting and allowing my mind to settle helps with anxiety and fatigue.

•Journal
I’ll dump my thoughts onto the page and rationalise my way out of the funk.

• Sleep
I’m useless when I’m tired so I’ll prioritise getting an early night.

I know that if I tick these off, I’m gonna feel so much better the next day.

Let me know what tools you have in your toolbox ✌🏽

nick.slater: Our inner journey is mirrored by our external situation.

It’s why we attract the best people when we love and respect ourselves first. Or why we land great opportunities when we’re not chasing them.

To change your external situation, the work starts within.

If you want a new job or a partner, stop reaching externally. Just figure out what raises your self-esteem and your frequency. ‘Be’ on the frequency you want to attract.

We’re the most magnetic when we’re connected and content with who we are. ✌🏽

nick.slater: On that morning surf check 👌🏽

Music by @slenderbodies

nick.slater: Lately we’ve gotten pretty good at staying home! @discerningdrinksco are all about creating a premium at-home cocktail experience. Making nights in that much sweeter 👌🏽#discerningdrinksco

ETA:

nick.slater: Out for coffee in my @skechersaustralia UNO sneaks. Perfect for sneaking 😏
#skechersAU #SkechersUNO

Last edited by kerbear28; 11-18-2020 at 08:49 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread