Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Episodes 10 & 11 won't be seeing me either. NO FRANCIS = NO REIGN!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercia12591 (View Post)
Episodes 10 & 11 won't be seeing me either. NO FRANCIS = NO REIGN!
if it doesnt have anything to do with Francis I don't give a flying fig. I really want to know what Francis will be doing when all of this is happening and when he returns will what they been up to even be mention(so many unanswered questions why) I'm so not interested in this pagan nonsense; so I most definitely will be skipping them. When Francis returns I will solely continue watching his scenes only because he is just everything .

Last edited by ZariyahRice; 01-15-2014 at 10:13 AM
Old 01-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Guys be careful. If you're sure about that you'Re talking spoilers

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-15-2014, 12:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok sorry about that
Old 01-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I was about to say. I stopped reading spoilers for any show and aside from Downton Abbey,it made things more enjoyable.

Now that we've been spoiled,I'll say this: I'll still watch for the pagan stuff. It's an interesting part of history, it's just episodes that Francis isn't it. I watch the show for the show, not just Francis. I like him better b/c he's an actual historical figure, but the show as a whole interests me.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Yeah, I was about to say. I stopped reading spoilers for any show and aside from Downton Abbey,it made things more enjoyable.

Now that we've been spoiled,I'll say this: I'll still watch for the pagan stuff. It's an interesting part of history, it's just episodes that Francis isn't it. I watch the show for the show, not just Francis. I like him better b/c he's an actual historical figure, but the show as a whole interests me.
I think Toby has to be in every episode contractually
Old 01-15-2014, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Can we please not talk about other fans? I love both Francis and Bash and it's not nice to come here and read nasty things about Bash/Torrance fans.

I agree with everything but many times people have gotten mad at me because I don't expect Francis to be Prince Charming or "perfect". Perfect characters are boring.

I love that he has flaws. Before the show started I was really afraid both guys were going to be Marty Stus. That NEVER stops anyone. Female characters usually get most of the hate whether it's deserved or not.

Also with the internet and everything that comes with it it's pretty common that main characters ended up being overshadowed by secondary characters. I hate when writers pay way too much attention to loud fans online and twitter because some people expect secondary characters to become the leads. So far this show hasn't had that problem because none of the female character can overshadow Mary.
This to everything. I like Francis and Francis/Mary more,but that's b/c I tuned in to see stuff about Mary Stuart. I don't hate Bash, I just don't like him as much.

Torrance is actually a really good actor and it's not fair to dislike him, just because this triangle is so stupid. How is this his fault? He's not Bash and if we based actors on their characters, I should hate him a lot more. Rape is abhorrent and his old character made me throw up.

I was afraid of Stu's, but Sue's and Stu's reign supreme these days-Pun intended.

I doubt this fandom will get that stupid. It's fairly civilized compared to other ones, like Supernatural. They fancater way, waay too much.

I think they they would have just let things happen, people wouldn't hate on him so much. I'm annoyed as hell about this triangle causing drama. Instead of being about Mary's time in France, it's boiled down to shipper/character wars.

Then again, VD has the same issue. I went to the spoiler thread once b/c I wanted a reason to bother watching S4 after Jeremy died and those guys scare the hell out of me. I've never seen a thread scolded that much by mods.

I've gotten tired of being told by other people that the sidekicks are always fun and the bad guys are always better. A bad guy won't be a bad guy unless the good guy is there for them to oppose. It depends on each fandom and in this one, the leads are interesting, not to mention real people.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Can we please not talk about other fans? I love both Francis and Bash and it's not nice to come here and read nasty things about Bash/Torrance fans.

I agree with everything but many times people have gotten mad at me because I don't expect Francis to be Prince Charming or "perfect". Perfect characters are boring.

I love that he has flaws. Before the show started I was really afraid both guys were going to be Marty Stus.

That NEVER stops anyone. Female characters usually get most of the hate whether it's deserved or not.

Also with the internet and everything that comes with it it's pretty common that main characters ended up being overshadowed by secondary characters. I hate when writers pay way too much attention to loud fans online and twitter because some people expect secondary characters to become the leads. So far this show hasn't had that problem because none of the female character can overshadow Mary.
Are people bashing bssh? I kubda just skipped to the last page. I think a lit of people are just so protective if his character cause if the initial hate.I an sorta ambiguous about bash. I care more for FM
Old 01-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Are people bashing bssh? I kubda just skipped to the last page. I think a lit of people are just so protective if his character cause if the initial hate.I an sorta ambiguous about bash. I care more for FM
Exactly. I mean Francis gets soo much hate boo hoo if some Francis fans don't like Bash. I'm one of them. I don't care for characters that constantly make me question their relevance.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
Exactly. I mean Francis gets soo much hate boo hoo if some Francis fans don't like Bash. I'm one of them. I don't care for characters that constantly make me question their relevance.
As Ive stated before I dont really gets why Francis is hated on so much; but people can praise a character thats just there.
I agree; I just don't like Bash as a character because he's a selfish backstabber it doesn't have anything to do with shipping Frary either.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I adore Francis he is brave, loyal and has the biggest heart That is all I need to know I just ignore the haters!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a million miles (View Post)
I adore Francis he is brave, loyal and has the biggest heart That is all I need to know I just ignore the haters!
I totally agree Francis is amazing
Old 01-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

He is amazing and Toby portrays him brilliantly
Old 01-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay please stop this who hates whom and who doesn't and stuff..

we're here to have fun

Oh my.. is that really Toby???

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
This to everything. I like Francis and Francis/Mary more,but that's b/c I tuned in to see stuff about Mary Stuart. I don't hate Bash, I just don't like him as much.

Torrance is actually a really good actor and it's not fair to dislike him, just because this triangle is so stupid. How is this his fault? He's not Bash and if we based actors on their characters, I should hate him a lot more. Rape is abhorrent and his old character made me throw up.

I was afraid of Stu's, but Sue's and Stu's reign supreme these days-Pun intended.

I doubt this fandom will get that stupid. It's fairly civilized compared to other ones, like Supernatural. They fancater way, waay too much.

I think they they would have just let things happen, people wouldn't hate on him so much. I'm annoyed as hell about this triangle causing drama. Instead of being about Mary's time in France, it's boiled down to shipper/character wars.

Then again, VD has the same issue. I went to the spoiler thread once b/c I wanted a reason to bother watching S4 after Jeremy died and those guys scare the hell out of me. I've never seen a thread scolded that much by mods.

I've gotten tired of being told by other people that the sidekicks are always fun and the bad guys are always better. A bad guy won't be a bad guy unless the good guy is there for them to oppose. It depends on each fandom and in this one, the leads are interesting, not to mention real people.
I think it's pathetic when people can't tell the difference between the actors and the characters. It's really sad when the actors get death threats and other stuff like that on twitter because some people don't understand the actors aren't the characters.
I get it if people hate fictional characters but the actors aren't responsible for the writing or the show runner's decisions.

About fandoms I don't know....the Arrow fandom started out pretty nicely and now most online fans only care about ships to the point I worry all the time that the writers will end up changing the direction of the show and making everything about ships

The VD spoiler thread isn't a place for fans. Trust me I stopped posting there a long time ago If you love Jeremy there's a thread for him in the main board and also like five shipper threads that include him You can stop by the VD board any time. We are all nice people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
There's a difference between bashing the characters and bashing the fans. It's not nice to come here and see the Bash fans being called names.

I personally love every single character in the show except for Lola. I don't hate her but she is just so boring because she is very underdeveloped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Okay please stop this who hates whom and who doesn't and stuff..

we're here to have fun
This. I'm tired of boards/threads becoming negative.

I can't believe that's Toby