Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2014, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

1x15 The Darkness: Episode Discussion

the darkness
1x15 - episode discussion

BASH WITNESSES THE
DARKNESS OF THE WOODS

The castle is abuzz with First Light, where the women of the castle mingle with potential suitors. Much to Mary’s (Adelaide Kane) dismay, Lola (Anna Popplewell) is reluctant to participate in the tradition. After another violent incident with the increasingly erratic King Henry (Alan Van Sprang), Kenna (Caitlin Stasey) fears for her safety and confides in Queen Catherine (Megan Follows), while Bash (Torrance Coombs) experiences the terrors of the woods and vows to uncover the truth behind the Darkness.

Toby Regbo and Celina Sinden also star. The episode was directed by Steve DiMarco and written by Charlie Craig.

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this thread, Holly! I'm excited.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.. Me too

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 03-19-2014, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't believe it is tomorrow already and tonight for some.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

I love how the description tacks on Toby as a star at the end. like it was an afterthought.
he's only the main character of the show...
I just hope that we actually get to see more than one or two Francis scenes in this episode. His lack of screen time is just upsetting.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

So excited for this episode.

I agree, Heather. Seriously, every episode description ends like "Oh, and Toby Regbo also stars." I mean, he's married to the female lead. It's pretty important to get his point of view on everything.
enchantedstarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather8615 (View Post)
I love how the description tacks on Toby as a star at the end. like it was an afterthought.
he's only the main character of the show...
I just hope that we actually get to see more than one or two Francis scenes in this episode. His lack of screen time is just upsetting.
They always do this with regulars if they are not mentioned in the text above

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 03-19-2014, 10:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

hope Canadians won't let us down this time :>

Icon by: sourburst
slow_handss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Wow. Wow. Wow. And, also, WOW.

This episode was SOOOOO incredibly good. For starters, it actually utilized the entire, wonderful cast. The castle felt full again. There was life and energy and DRAMA!

Greith is back. And perfect. And bittersweet.

Henry has lost his effing mind (and it's pretty damn entertaining, but also terribly disturbing).

The whole Mary/Lola and Francis/Lola situation was handled better than I could have imagined. I think I actually like Lola quite a lot now. She proved that she's not a terrible friend after all, and I thought the girls had amazing scenes together. I also appreciate that Francis considers Lola and friend and was looking out for her best interests.

More importantly, to me, FRARY!!! There are not enough emoticons to express my feelings. But, I loved everything. From Francis "rescuing" Mary from the inappropriate servant girl's comments, to him coming clean about Lola (and asking Mary not to blame Lola-- stand up, guy, right there), and the crown jewel... the most amazing love scene I have ever witnessed on the CW. Romantic, sensuous, perfect. The kisses and the words just slayed me dead. And then the happy ending was... *fans self*

This show outdid itself tonight.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
Wow. Wow. Wow. And, also, WOW.

This episode was SOOOOO incredibly good. For starters, it actually utilized the entire, wonderful cast. The castle felt full again. There was life and energy and DRAMA!

Greith is back. And perfect. And bittersweet.

Henry has lost his effing mind (and it's pretty damn entertaining, but also terribly disturbing).

The whole Mary/Lola and Francis/Lola situation was handled better than I could have imagined. I think I actually like Lola quite a lot now. She proved that she's not a terrible friend after all, and I thought the girls had amazing scenes together. I also appreciate that Francis considers Lola and friend and was looking out for her best interests.

More importantly, to me, FRARY!!! There are not enough emoticons to express my feelings. But, I loved everything. From Francis "rescuing" Mary from the inappropriate servant girl's comments, to him coming clean about Lola (and asking Mary not to blame Lola-- stand up, guy, right there), and the crown jewel... the most amazing love scene I have ever witnessed on the CW. Romantic, sensuous, perfect. The kisses and the words just slayed me dead. And then the happy ending was... *fans self*

This show outdid itself tonight.
Thanks so much for that sneak peek!! Can't wait for tomorrow! =D
Leanne

(oh and yes, please add me to the frary shipper list!)
Tappintoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

GREITH IS BACK. FRARY WAS PERFECT.

I'll post my thoughts when I can come up with a proper episode review.
enchantedstarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappintoes (View Post)
Thanks so much for that sneak peek!! Can't wait for tomorrow! =D
Leanne

(oh and yes, please add me to the frary shipper list!)
Hi Leanne. I'll add you over there.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Absolute Fan

I can't with how UTTERLY PERFECT Francis was in this episode! I've said all along, Francis is a very honest person, and I'm so happy he proved me right, once again. It can't be easy admitting something like that to the person you love. His caring and the romanticism, love and devotion he showed to his wife was a beautiful thing to watch. "I want a baby because I love you." It's not much more perfect than that. Every one of their interactions in this ep were just beautiful, even Mary's jealousy over Lola, and his coming immediately clean as a way to clear the air. Beautiful. Plus, him being romantic with his "new bride" and giving her a candle, or a room full of candles, so, so, so utterly lovely and perfect.

Mary needs to come clean with him, but I don't think after his initial anger he will hold it against her. He sees her anxiety over not getting pregnant, he's going to know she's blaming herself, because he got Lola pregnant right away. And her willingness to back off Lola once she'd experienced the tender loving and #VIGOROUS, care of the man who loves her completely and happens to be her husband was lovely to see. She ultimately wants her friends to love their husbands as much as she loves Francis, and to be loved like she is. That was lovely and made me a little emotional. Okay, a lot.

They're still finding their way back to one another, tonight was such a beautiful and wonderful step in that direction.

Love Nosty & Olivia - didn't see that coming.

So Greer's maybe gonna marry Peppercorn, not just someone LIKE him. I've said for a while it would be someone like him, but now he's back.

Kenna, seriously, felt so bad for her this ep. Henry is bonkers, but I sill love him. Catherine as the voice do reason is hilarious!

I loved Lola, Greer & Mary all episode, it was so nice to see the whole cast utilized, it didn't feel like anyone got shunted to the side.

Oh, and on the always fun part of being a MF shipper, Francis upgraded from #royalboobgrazes to #royalboobkisses. He's such a lover of the #royalboobs, it's not even funny!

Last edited by lemon tart; 03-19-2014 at 09:28 PM
lemon tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

This episode was everything. First of all, Francois how I love thee. He just continues to slay. He is not perfect, but he is perfectly flawed. He knows when to speak up. I knew he was waiting for the right moment to tell Mary about the lola situation. I loved this episode because I felt the like it was a long over-due to see Greith and Lola was truly great. She really is a girl who made a mistake and wishes she could just backtrack not only for the sake of Mary, but for herself as well.

The mary/lola scenes were so heartbreaking because I felt so bad for Lola, but I also understood and felt for Mary. I really wish she'd just tell Francis. It would make everything so much easier with it out in the open. She finally has everything she wants, but is afraid of it all falling apart. All she wants is to have a family with Francis which is such a natural thing for a woman in love to want to do. The candle-light sexy times was wonderful because I adored Francis stating that he is in this marriage for them and not because of some heir. He wants her to have his children because he loves her.

Gah, I'm gushing.

Oh Leith. I love this boy so much. I missed him and Greer and his I love you was so adorable. I really wish they could figure out a way to make it work. I fear he may die though. I just have a really bad feeling.

Poor lola, she deserves love.

The darkness was so random. Like what is it? This pagan subplot was a snoozefest.

I'm so hear for nos/olivia. They were strangely sweet.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Frary was amazing. Francis just proves how much he loves her and how right he is for her. I love that they can talk with each other. I love francis was honest about Lola. That's just who he is.

Mary and Lola scenes was good too.

I was happy to see leith and Geer together again I hope they end together and someone leith can get a title.

Henry is just crazy I feel bad for Kenna and I love Catherine.
P.s. I love the hug and the kiss in the cheek francis gave to Mary it was so sweet the way he was comfort her.