Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2019, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sansa is much better now than she was in the beginning. But we mustn't forget she is also one of the youngest.

EC | ADC

Fan Forum Legend

Arya was still more adult than she was
Fan Forum Legend

I enjoy how different they are from each other.

EC | ADC

Old 03-19-2019, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Danaerys is SO good at big speeches. Also, symbolism. Loved her scene.

I really love Olenna's reflection as well.

Great acting in this episode from Lena Headey!

Oh, Olly...I forgot it was Ygritte that actually killed his dad. Honestly I can't blame him for hating Wildlings and (later) killing her. (But Jon, Olly? JON?) Frankly, I can't forgive her either, for allying with the Thenns, and killing so many innocents. Largely because she's angry at Jon, no less.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I'd say there is definitely some parallels between sansa meeting joffrey and ramsey. Bc both of them act like relly nice guys in the beginning and only show their true faces later on once sansa is defenseless.

Also qyburn's process of creating the zombie mountain kinda reminds me of Frankenstein's monster.

Last edited by Arrakis; 03-19-2019 at 10:07 PM
Old 03-20-2019, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

4x04 Oathkeeper

What do you think is the best line/s of dialogue from the episode?
Who do you find the most sympathetic character in the episode?
Have your feelings changed re: the episode from when you first watched it? If so, how?
Other opinions?

EC | ADC

Old 03-20-2019, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

4x04 already cool you keep going
Old 03-20-2019, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"Oathkeeper" shows Daenerys increasing her army with more slaves whom she is freeing which I liked. Hated all the Jaime/Cersei stuff in 4x03, but now Jaime/Tyrion scenes were great.

The story now moves at low speed leaving a lot of viewers with a hunger. Season 4 was not really much about action and more building up plots.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
"Oathkeeper" shows Daenerys increasing her army with more slaves whom she is freeing which I liked. Hated all the Jaime/Cersei stuff in 4x03, but now Jaime/Tyrion scenes were great.

The story now moves at low speed leaving a lot of viewers with a hunger. Season 4 was not really much about action and more building up plots.
Well I found it ok, nowhere near as dreadful as certain parts of season 2 or season 5.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

4x04 contains my most disliked Dany scene of the entire show. "Sometimes it is best to answer injustice with mercy." "I will answer injustice with justice." (Barristan Selmy and Danaerys) So. Hm. It's hard to argue with either of them. Both answers sound "right." But then you see what Dany does, and it feels wrong..."fair," perhaps, but wrong nonetheless. This was the only time I wasn't on her side really.

Here we are, mid Season 4, and Jaime is starting to be a "good" guy. I thought it was a turning point - THE turning point - for his character. But then for 3 seasons more, he stays by Cersei's side. Sigh. I remember feeling so disappointed on my first watch, and wanting to believe that it was intentional (i.e., a reflection of how hard is it to change who you are). And the Jaime/Cersei rape/sex or whatever it was scene in 4x03 was awful.

Wanna add that I love the Missandei / Grey Worm interactions too! I've heard people say it's a waste of time for things like this or Sam and Gilly but I disagree completely. It's also these small moments between secondary characters that makes GoT so fantastic. It broadens the world and allows us a deeper experience. Sam/Gilly felt more like a waste of time.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:

Well I found it ok, nowhere near as slow and boring as certain parts of season 2 or season 5.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you about her scene seriesfeak.

Yeah season 2 was lamer. I have season 5 better in mind than season 4...
Old 03-20-2019, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriesfeak (View Post)
4x04 contains my most disliked Dany scene of the entire show. "Sometimes it is best to answer injustice with mercy." "I will answer injustice with justice." (Barristan Selmy and Danaerys) So. Hm. It's hard to argue with either of them. Both answers sound "right." But then you see what Dany does, and it feels wrong..."fair," perhaps, but wrong nonetheless. This was the only time I wasn't on her side really.

Here we are, mid Season 4, and Jaime is starting to be a "good" guy. I thought it was a turning point - THE turning point - for his character. But then for 3 seasons more, he stays by Cersei's side. Sigh. I remember feeling so disappointed on my first watch, and wanting to believe that it was intentional (i.e., a reflection of how hard is it to change who you are). And the Jaime/Cersei rape/sex or whatever it was scene in 4x03 was awful.

Wanna add that I love the Missandei / Grey Worm interactions too! I've heard people say it's a waste of time for things like this or Sam and Gilly but I disagree completely. It's also these small moments between secondary characters that makes GoT so fantastic. It broadens the world and allows us a deeper experience. Sam/Gilly felt more like a waste of time.
Well it felt wrong somehow, but sometimes you need to fight fire with fire to break crusty old structures in a society. The only time I really disliked dany was 4x08. Where she wilfully threatened to kill jorah if he doesn't leave her immediately with hate flaming in her eyes (great acting by emilia btw), but that is bad writing. She punishes him bc he considered betraying her, but he proved more than once in the years after that he considred it wrong and saved her live. She act like a self-entitled little brat there also wiifully ignoring the fact this was part of tywins manipulation. Let's say D&D didn't do their best writing job that episode.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Well it felt wrong somehow, but sometimes you need to fight fire with fire to break crusty old structures in a society. The only time I really disliked dany was 4x08. Where she wilfully threatened to kill jorah if he doesn't leave her immediately with hate flaming in her eyes (great acting by emilia btw), but that is bad writing. She punishes him bc he considered betraying her, but he proved more than once in the years after that he considred it wrong and saved her live. She act like a self-entitled little brat there also wiifully ignoring the fact this was part of tywins manipulation. Let's say D&D didn't do their best writing job that episode.
I actually thought this was a very good scene and he can be lucky she didn't kill him. No, 4x08 was okay with me. 4x04 was...well, like said it didn't feel right but you are right, it was right and necessary.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
I actually thought this was a very good scene and he can be lucky she didn't kill him. No, 4x08 was okay with me. 4x04 was...well, like said it didn't feel right but you are right, it was right and necessary.
Good? Well then we have a very different opinion on justice and charactual behavior I guess. I found the scene you disliked ok, but thought dany totally overreacted in terms of jorah.

Btw in season 5 cersei commits her biggest mistake so far. She trusts too much in her own power and gives the high sparrow immense power wrongfully believing she can control him.

And I think dany did a mistake when she didn't immediately search for all sons of the harpy to execute them all. They only understand the language of blood. Either you kill them all or they kill everyone. She even executed a slave who killed a son of the harpy, but she should've let him live and instead followed his advice to kill them all.

Last edited by Arrakis; 03-20-2019 at 09:55 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread