Old 01-13-2022, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Such a HUGE shame still

EC | ADC

Old 01-15-2022, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 01-15-2022, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

HBO is just as much to blame, they had a 10 season plan (just like their other flagship show Sopranos) but the management let themselves be taken in a by a couple of no-writing shady hacks. ugh i hope all those spineless simps lost their jobs. the ironic thing is that the mouse house fired d&d before they could even work on that SW show they left GoT for. smh. the fans always get screwed.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 01-17-2022, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

When you remember that 8 also made us wait an extra year for release, it was definitely the worst thing ever.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-17-2022, 02:43 AM
Master Fan

Yup. Of all the things to dunk on season 8 about, a misplaced starbucks cup is the absolute smallest issue I've heard so far.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

however there is a whole team on big budget sets whose entire job is to ensure continuity (like somebody holding an object in the same hand throughout multiple takes for example) and to prevent stuff like real world objects ending up in a scene. every other problem in the show is unrelated to this team's duty. they failed miserably in their own right

with that said it is still insane that nobody caught it, even in post where it could easily be edited out.

also The Witcher is truly a great show!
Old 01-17-2022, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

Everything was absolutely incredible in season 8 EXCEPT for the writing. The acting, cinematography, everything was top notch. I'm still not bothered by the coffee cup lol.

I'm a huge Witcher fan too! I'm excited for season 3 even. I think the purists are a very loud minority and will probably still watch it because Henry Cavill is just so damn good as Geralt. I actually think it introduces it to more people. If they like it, then they'll probably start reading the books/playing the games. Which is a win. That aside, Season 2 was way better than season 1 for me. Outside of the fast travel, it looks pretty consistent to me as far as what is presented in the show.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:07 AM
Master Fan

The Witcher talk in here, nice! I'm a book fan and a game fan. Though I tend to prefer the games to the books since I've never thought the books are as good as some fans make them out to be. Huge pacing, consistency and general plot issues. But I've still read them cover to cover a fair few times.

All of which is to say, I love the show too. Its changing some stuff, but in a way that remains consistent to the themes of the story while managing to keep it fresh. I wouldn't say the expected audience are only fans who are unfamiliar (or only passingly so) with the franchise. I've been deeply invested in it, and its still a great show to me.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda_Khaleesi (View Post)
however there is a whole team on big budget sets whose entire job is to ensure continuity (like somebody holding an object in the same hand throughout multiple takes for example) and to prevent stuff like real world objects ending up in a scene. every other problem in the show is unrelated to this team's duty. they failed miserably in their own right

with that said it is still insane that nobody caught it, even in post where it could easily be edited out.

also The Witcher is truly a great show!
Yeah right or maybe bc they were so greedy they did not have such a team on got during season 8 filming lmao.

The witcher is very well done, especially season 2. My only complain would be 8 episodes per season is a bit too short and 10 episodes would be better to adapt each book.

Never read the books, but saw some let's plays of the witcher 3, seems a fun game with good action and also several funny and nice film type sequences in between.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just know the show and enjoying it so far
Old 01-19-2022, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I enjoy it too.

Not fantasy but medieval and really good is The last Kingdom. Well this year the final season of that will come out, if they don't mess that up I can recomment this show to everyone (but i have to wait and see how they do the ending).
Old 01-19-2022, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

The Witcher, The Last Kingdom, well recommended from me too.

Author of ISBN
Old 01-19-2022, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

And this summer/fall we get House of the Dragon and The Rings of Power
Old 01-21-2022, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Rings of Power preview looks cool already. I bet the special effects will get numerous award nominations.