Old 09-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

The excuse wasn't a good one then..

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

The only part I don't understand about Teresa's excuse is that she never put herself through what she put Minho through.. if she truly believed they held the answer to the cure, why didn't she offer herself up in Minho's place?! I get wanting to find a cure, but torturing and killing children is not okay... that is something I will never agree with.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ that is true and I've been wondering about it as well I guess she the thought process was that, well, she needs her strength because she's someone who knows science and can make the cure, but it's still a crappy thing to do

Old 09-13-2018, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ It's the only thing I dislike about how they changed movie!Teresa. I love book!Teresa and I am kind of annoyed by the differences they made in the movies 'TST' and 'TDC' for her I certainly don't hate movie!Teresa (I mean Kaya is simply too amazing for me to actually dislike movie!Teresa), but I think they did the Teresa character a disservice in the last two movies
Old 09-13-2018, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, I was never a fan of the changes they've done to Teresa in the films though we can't forget that she was only a kid like all the others, so I can't really blame her for the decisions she's made in either version. either way I think she made up for all those wrong decisions in the end in the book and the film as well

Old 09-13-2018, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I never blamed her for anything in the books.. I always understood both her and Thomas' motives in the books

The movies made it hard for me to sympathise with her, because while I understand her wanting to find a cure to stop all this death and pain, I still don't like how she does it. Teresa and WKCD are literally causing death and pain. I give more slack to Teresa then I do to WCKD... because like you said, she is a child and she has been used and manipulated by them as well, but Teresa knows what she was doing.. she was literally watching Minho suffer and that is sad to me. The immune shouldn't be punished for being immune to this disease, yet that is exactly what happens in this series
Old 09-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

That sounds so messed up.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-13-2018, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Obviously that is just my opinion on this Teresa certainly doesn't like causing pain, she feels bad about what they are doing to Minho and the immunes, but yeah.. it is complicated. I don't agree with what WCKD is doing, but there is plenty of argument for both sides.. I just find how they go about finding a cure to be completely wrong and unjustifiable, there is no excuse for the torturing and killing of young children just because they have been blessed with an immunity to this disease
Old 09-13-2018, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I never agree with bringing kids into anything bad like that.

New thread soon.... any good quotes to use?

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

'And then they were kissing. Something exploded within his chest burning away the tension and confusion and fear'
Old 09-14-2018, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★ darling, just hold on ★ (View Post)
^ Obviously that is just my opinion on this Teresa certainly doesn't like causing pain, she feels bad about what they are doing to Minho and the immunes, but yeah.. it is complicated. I don't agree with what WCKD is doing, but there is plenty of argument for both sides.. I just find how they go about finding a cure to be completely wrong and unjustifiable, there is no excuse for the torturing and killing of young children just because they have been blessed with an immunity to this disease
no, there's no excuse for that, it's true

Old 09-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Is that a quote from the book?

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-14-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

It certainly is
Old 09-14-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend