Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2015, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

But I know some SWW's who actually love Skye/Chloe, the SWW Kingdome is quite divided on that, in a quite unhealthy way if you ask me.
I do know though that a lot of them find that Skye is the bad guy (girl ) because she shot Ward and Ward would've never shot her (which is probably true, but still).

Yeah, rpmaluki, there's just so many people on the internet/social media who get a kick of being noticed by other people - and especially 'famous' people - they'd say anything to get attention. The best thing would be if anyone would just totally ignore these attention seekers, but yeah, we're all human and sometimes we just can't take it anymore. I think it's quite brave of her to speak up and let people know that she's only human and is sometimes quite hurt by what some """fans""" are saying. If you're angry about something a character has done, you should be angry at the writers And everyone should be able to take some criticism, especially if it's well meant and might even help to get better as an actor or writer, but bashing people is just plain mean. It's just stupid, dumb, attention seeking people who do that, and it makes me sick to the stomach.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha (View Post)
But I know some SWW's who actually love Skye/Chloe, the SWW Kingdome is quite divided on that, in a quite unhealthy way if you ask me.
I do know though that a lot of them find that Skye is the bad guy (girl ) because she shot Ward and Ward would've never shot her (which is probably true, but still).

Yeah, rpmaluki, there's just so many people on the internet/social media who get a kick of being noticed by other people - and especially 'famous' people - they'd say anything to get attention. The best thing would be if anyone would just totally ignore these attention seekers, but yeah, we're all human and sometimes we just can't take it anymore. I think it's quite brave of her to speak up and let people know that she's only human and is sometimes quite hurt by what some """fans""" are saying. If you're angry about something a character has done, you should be angry at the writers And everyone should be able to take some criticism, especially if it's well meant and might even help to get better as an actor or writer, but bashing people is just plain mean. It's just stupid, dumb, attention seeking people who do that, and it makes me sick to the stomach.

No he would just have raped her ,and had previously kidnapped her twice at the point she shot him .

This would be the same fandom that also has produced some of the most racist and misogynistic criticism of both Chloe and Maurissa ?
Old 08-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

For what, being half Asian or something? I'm not sure I've been aware of all of that.
I'm not sure if they're the same that did that, but some of them (not all of them of course) are pretty harsh about Skye and every little negative thing being said about Ward, because he's perfectly innocent and it's all about his family being mean to him (and he burned them to death.. sheesh), and none of what he did is his fault. Sure, he needs help. But he doesn't need it from the people who he betrayed, and definitely not from Skye. It's childish thinking if you ask me.

And yeah, kidnapping someone twice at gunpoint isn't so much a sign of affection. It felt more like obsession than love at some point. And though he probably never would've shot Skye, he probably would have been able to kill all the people around her, I'm sure. Uhg, creep. (But Brett Dalton is amazing, and it's soooo weird how people always confuse actor and character...)

OK, well, heavy stuff Hope Chloe's doing okay.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha (View Post)
For what, being half Asian or something? I'm not sure I've been aware of all of that.
I'm not sure if they're the same that did that, but some of them (not all of them of course) are pretty harsh about Skye and every little negative thing being said about Ward, because he's perfectly innocent and it's all about his family being mean to him (and he burned them to death.. sheesh), and none of what he did is his fault. Sure, he needs help. But he doesn't need it from the people who he betrayed, and definitely not from Skye. It's childish thinking if you ask me.

And yeah, kidnapping someone twice at gunpoint isn't so much a sign of affection. It felt more like obsession than love at some point. And though he probably never would've shot Skye, he probably would have been able to kill all the people around her, I'm sure. Uhg, creep. (But Brett Dalton is amazing, and it's soooo weird how people always confuse actor and character...)

OK, well, heavy stuff Hope Chloe's doing okay.

Spend time on IMDB .

There are a whole bunch of people convinced that Mo is leading a Asian Feminist cabal set to destroy their manly world after taking down the MCU one Woobie at a time with Ming and Chloe as her Asian handmaidens !!!

I engage regularly with a nut that's latest idea is for the PTB to reset an entire season so their boy can be written how they want .
And the thing is the people who don't want him redeemed (the vast majority) genuinely like him (as a villain) and like Brett .But is all a personal affront to them

I'm thankful for the tone on this board compared to the Shippers Gone Wild stuff that had previously gone on and still does on some others (Orphan Black,Gossip Girl etc) .

ETA

You missed out the rape threats which are then dissected by SWW and twisted to being some benign need for her hacking skills
Old 08-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, reading stuff like that makes me once again very glad that I only stick to my own little fandom corner on the internet (here, the people I follow on Tumblr) where people are civilised and have the common decency to not be horrible. I of course know that stuff like that goes on, but it's easy to forget and really sad to see. Especially when it breaks the fourth wall and reaches the actors themselves, that's just really not cool.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Me too. Annnd again I feel one of these coming up...

It's so cute how all these cast members commented on this tweet Ming-na, Liz, Luke. And Arune, even though he isn't a cast member. They're all so sweet! Can't be easy being 'famous' all the time. People telling you they love you even though they don't really know you, people telling you they HATE you for no reason at all (or maybe because they didn't give you like an hour of attention on a convention, or they didn't 'favorite' one of your tweets, which makes them tóóóótally arrogant, dôh). It's so sad. Must be really weird sometimes, and pretty harsh sometimes, and not something you totally get used to, especially being a 23 year old girl.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it's crazy but I guess for some people it's easy to forget that there is an actual person on the other side of the screen, actors are just regular people too, just with a bit of a weird job!

But yeah, it was SO sweet to see the cast and crew tweeting her in fact I want to compile them all cause it was so touching to see and she deserves all the love in the world...

All the love for Chloe!

Also... Absolutely nothing against Brett but I'm thinking maybe a tweet from him would help seeing as it's mostly coming from his fanbase and he's the only one they would listen to
Old 08-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Ahw, hadn't seen Clark's tweet!
And I forgot Simon, shame on me.

Yeah, maybe he hasn't noticed it yet or is busy shooting or . It might've helped, true. I kinda expected a tweet from him. But well, he hasn't been on Twitter much today.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He has tweeted 6 times since her tweet, including some replies to other things on twitter so that's why I was a bit about it... But yeah maybe he doesn't know what she was talking about/that it came from a SWW side of fandom.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Oh, then I just haven't noticed him much today Oh well
Old 08-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

I read about this earlier, love the support from the other cast members. It is possible Brett didn't see the tweet/doesn't know what's going on? I would imagine Ward's storyline is pretty separated from the main group, therefore he still wouldn't be around them much.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't imagine anyone who could ever be mean to Chloe.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbugged1814 (View Post)
No he would just have raped her ,and had previously kidnapped her twice at the point she shot him .
No, he wouldn't. Ward may be many bad things, but wannabe rapist is not one of them. What Ward meant by his "maybe I'll just take what I want... wake up something inside of you" in S1 Finale was to get Raina's previously mentioned dark romantic scenario to be realized:

Quote:
Raina: Skye ... we need Skye, and that's all you ever wanted, isn't it? The evolution he speaks of... she'll be an important part of that, so go get her, Grant Ward.
Ward: Get her for what?
Raina: The world is going to change, and when it does, she could be yours.
Ward: Wow. You really are crazy. Skye detests me. She thinks I'm a monster.
Raina: Are you? Is that your true nature, or is that what Garrett made you to be?
Ward: I don't know.
Raina: Well, we know about Skye's parents, about the darkness that lies inside her. I believe in a world where her true nature will reveal itself. And when that day comes... maybe you two could be monsters together.
Notice the underlined parts? That's what Ward meant by "waking up something inside of her", not some stupid rape threat. He deluded himself that Skye would love him again if she became this dark creature Raina alluded her to really be, which is why he went to great lengths to reunite her with her roots, with Cal. Seriously, there's nothing that I hate more than people crying "RAPE" when such allusion was never intended by the writers.

On a more on topic note, there's no excuse for whatever mean tweets Chloe got, and it's great to see the show's cast coming up to her defense!
Old 08-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

The SWW crowd has been harassing the cast and crew pretty consistently for some time now, so it was only a matter of time for them to get Chloe too

I'm glad her castmates have been supporting her through this mess. Chloe has been nothing but nice to those "fans", so she definitely doesn't deserve any of this.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

^That's unfortunate to hear Glad I'm not part of a fandom crowd that does not love all of the AoS cast/crew and people working behind the scenes.