Fan Forum Hero

I love both Moana and Frozen.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate Frozen just as much.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
I hate Frozen just as much.
i can tolerate that

Quote:
I love both Moana and Frozen.
leave
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was told that the creators of Moana were the same as Frozen, which explains the annoying songs. Had I known that, I could've saved money
Old 06-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I was told that the creators of Moana were the same as Frozen
but moana actually has a plot????? i don't understand how it could be the same people.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It makes total sense to me, given how boring both movies are At least that annoying song from Moana wasn't playing all the time everywhere like Let It Go
Old 06-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What?! How Far I'll Go is sooo good! It's actually been in my head for days cause someone put the song to the Wonder Woman plot and it's amazing. Auli'i Cravalho singing it at the Oscars legit moved me to tears.

I absolutely loved both Frozen and Moana. Finally Disney movies with female leads that aren't all about falling in love with a guy and living happily ever after.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, but there needs to be more than female leads and not falling in love for a movie to be interesting to me And Anna from Frozen was all about falling in love, and that was the stupidest thing, they turned the guy she was in love with into a villain out of nowhere just so the other guy would be perfect for her, that was SO lame

Last edited by Aurora Cormier; 06-09-2017 at 10:43 PM
Old 06-10-2017, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

True, but that's a secondary story line for Frozen. It's about Elsa and Anna as sisters first.

Also I can't hate a movie that has Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel singing, I just can't.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Also I can't hate a movie that has Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel singing, I just can't.
Literally the only good thing about Frozen. The whole time I was watching I was like 'is this it' and I do not get why people went so crazy over that film, because it's really nothing special. Mostly I hate it for how much milk Disney sucked out of it. Like I was walking through the cereal aisle at the supermarket and they've got different brands of Frozen cereal, with these 12 yr olds begging their parents over & over again to buy it and when they say no they start screaming & shouting which annoys the crap out of me. Oh and the fact I know a dude who absolutely loves the film so every Christmas it's on the TV and I just wonder why tf he hates me so much There are just soooooo many better Disney films to lose your crap over, and Frozen getting the attention that it does feels like a massive injustice. But then the last Disney film that I thought was good and legit made me cry at the end was Toy Story 3, so maybe my taste just aint great
Old 06-10-2017, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I grew up with the Disney renaissance therefore to me Disney has to be musical. I accept nothing else and I love it. It's just classic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
What?! How Far I'll Go is sooo good! It's actually been in my head for days cause someone put the song to the Wonder Woman plot and it's amazing. Auli'i Cravalho singing it at the Oscars legit moved me to tears.

I absolutely loved both Frozen and Moana. Finally Disney movies with female leads that aren't all about falling in love with a guy and living happily ever after.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
What?! How Far I'll Go is sooo good!
agreed. it's not SUPER catchy imho, but it's 500000x better than "let it go", and definitely a spiritual successor to mulan's "reflection" T B H.

man, us wicked fans from back in the day (i mean really back) really are super disgruntled towards idina. people can't understand now why i don't like her.

Quote:
I grew up with the Disney renaissance therefore to me Disney has to be musical. I accept nothing else and I love it. It's just classic.
but the emperor's new groove isn't a musical and it's definitely one of disney's top 10 best movies!
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't really get this sister vibe out of Frozen at all. I'm usually very moved by sister stories, but this one did absolutely nothing for me. It didn't even make sense to me, the whole separating them as kids, other than to make them sing that annoying snowman song

As for the voices, animations in Brazil are always dubbed in Portuguese, including the songs, so there was no Kristen or Idina. Not that it would've made much of a difference to me
Old 06-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
See I grew up on this era and The Lion King was the first film I saw in the cinema, but the first Disney films I was exposed to were Bambi, Pinocchio and Oliver & Company. So if a Disney film isn't in some way depressing, well it's just not Disney to me

Quote:
I didn't really get this sister vibe out of Frozen at all. I'm usually very moved by sister stories, but this one did absolutely nothing for me. It didn't even make sense to me, the whole separating them as kids, other than to make them sing that annoying snowman song
Agreed. Was she afraid of living with everyone else cause she was worried she'd freeze her sister? I just don't get it and the less talk about Olaf the better
Old 06-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
mulan's "reflection" T B H.
Anthem.

Quote:
but the emperor's new groove isn't a musical and it's definitely one of disney's top 10 best movies!
I don't care for that one at all. Anything 2D made after 1999 is crap.

Quote:
So if a Disney film isn't in some way depressing, well it's just not Disney to me
Agreed. Bambi is one of my all time favourites, and again it's pretty much a musical. Have you ever seen the Black Cauldron? because holy sheez that is scary af.

Quote:
Was she afraid of living with everyone else cause she was worried she'd freeze her sister? I just don't get it
She was afraid that if her secret came out she'd be persecuted for being different, for being a "monster" on top of the fact that she couldn't control her powers and her anxiety over almost killing her sister as a child snowballed into a complex. It's a great analogy for being people suffering with anxiety and trauma in rl imo as someone who has an anxiety disorder. It's a good subject for disney to tackle.