Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2017, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hm yes, I think I'm good not to rewatch that Disney movie.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Oh Disney. How I love thee
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 06-12-2017, 04:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I actually love the music of hunchback, the best of the 90s from a musical standpoint, but damn if it isn't ****ed up.
That song does sound quite good musically, but as soon as he starts singing damn! I really don't get how Disney thought stuff like this was appropriate for kids Side note this has made me remember to put Notre Dame on my list of places to visit when I go to Paris next month, because it's not all about the Eiffel Tower And I can soooo see myself trawling the net for a bunch of Disney movies

Quote:
Hm yes, I think I'm good not to rewatch that Disney movie.
I'm the exact opposite It's been so long since I watched I don't remember anything at all about the movie, and I'm curious in general to see how my adult brain reacts to Disney cause when I was a kid I just found movies like batb, lk and snow white really scary
Old 06-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
Why do my parents ALWAYS need to ruin Sundays for me??
what happened, b?
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ You know when you've already told someone not to do something, for a serious health reason, and they seem to understand, but keep doing the thing anyway?
Old 06-13-2017, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds frustrating, Ju!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
I'm the exact opposite It's been so long since I watched I don't remember anything at all about the movie, and I'm curious in general to see how my adult brain reacts to Disney cause when I was a kid I just found movies like batb, lk and snow white really scary
I was never a big fan of Hunchback and that song didn't inspire me to rewatch it. Snow White creeped me out too when I was younger.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
^ You know when you've already told someone not to do something, for a serious health reason, and they seem to understand, but keep doing the thing anyway?
i know what you mean.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, this semester I decided to take cooking lessons. It's a group of 9 people and they're nice for the most part, but their obsession with talking about weddings leading to questions about MY relationship gets on my nerves, WHY the hell are there still people who think it's okay to ask when you're getting married or why you aren't married yet wtf
Old 06-13-2017, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

I get that a lot. it's a sin to be single in your 30's apparently.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 06-14-2017, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
So, this semester I decided to take cooking lessons. It's a group of 9 people and they're nice for the most part, but their obsession with talking about weddings leading to questions about MY relationship gets on my nerves, WHY the hell are there still people who think it's okay to ask when you're getting married or why you aren't married yet wtf
Exchange weddings for babies and this is totally me. Like I had a conversation with my parent who I hadn't spoken to in over 5yrs and he randomly asked when I was gonna give him grand children, and when I said I was perfectly happy being single, getting an education & traveling he was all 'you have to hurry up and give me grand children because I'm getting on, by the times the boys have grown up I'll be too old so you need to do it' and I was like gtfo. Even girls in my class are like I'm gonna have x amount of kids, I've already picked out the names, kids are cool & when we disagree with her she looks at us like we're insane. I really don't get why people think they have the right to be so judgemental over what you're doing with your life, especially when what you're doing doesn't affect them.

I'm knee deep in research for my extended project which means googling things like first lesbian kiss on uk tv, first lesbian characters on tv, controversy over lesbians, bisexuality erasure in media, and if my mum didn't already know I was bi she would probably be very confused And I played that song from hunchback yesterday in class, which led to an interesting discussion on how Disney watered down classic tales such as Little Mermaid to fit its audience, and I'm not allowed to diss Olaf because he's awesome even though Frozen still sucks
Old 06-14-2017, 03:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
hets are especially extra about this.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-14-2017, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really don't get why people think they have the right to be so judgemental over what you're doing with your life, especially when what you're doing doesn't affect them.
Exactly! I mean, I get it, when you think something is great, you wish everyone could do it, but that does NOT give you the right to question people when they don't follow the same plans YOU have for YOUR life. Like, I don't go around asking people why they haven't learn a second language yet, or why they don't have a degree, and I certainly don't act like they're poor unfulfilled souls when they haven't done any of these things, so why the hell do people think they have the right to ask me about my relationship?? That's just plain rude, imo.

I wasn't even gonna go to class yesterday, but because the course is almost ending I didn't want to miss it. But I wasn't doing well and then when this happened I soooo regreted not staying home. I hate when people put me on the spot with personal questions and judgement like this. On normal days, I don't care and I laugh it off, but when I'm not mentally okay, uncomfortable situations or embarrassing situations are triggering to me. I have obsessive thoughts sometimes and it's mentally and even physically exhausting when they happen. I spend hours, literally hours after something like what I just told you happens, replaying a moment in my head, wondering what I could've done and said to avoid that situation or for it to have had a better outcome. Hours. Like yesterday when this happened, it was like 9pm, and I couldn't sleep until 5am because my mind wouldn't stop replaying what happened. Until I can think of a good hypothetical scenario, it doesn't stop replaying. And while that happens, I can't do anything. I can't study, I can't watch or read things. I basically can't function, and then I hate myself for it, cause usually what triggers me are things that normally wouldn't even bother me at all, so I keep asking myself why I'm wasting hours on this, no one's thinking about it but me, sometimes I need to actually tell myself repeatedly to stop. It was still on my mind the whole morning, and writing this post was actually the first thing I could properly do today
Old 06-16-2017, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
Apparently being single at any age is bad. Like what's the big deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
I really don't get why people think they have the right to be so judgemental over what you're doing with your life, especially when what you're doing doesn't affect them.
I hear this!
Old 06-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Holden
Old 06-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
and writing this post was actually the first thing I could properly do today
It's good to let it out. I mean often I can't move past things that bother me until I've either spoken to someone over it or written it down (I keep a diary for this very reason - and yes it's as sad as you can imagine ) just to kind of get re-playing moments like this out of my brain.