Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2015, 01:20 AM
Master Fan

I thought you were joking about the carol title? but yeah, I can use it, just tell me which one

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 10-25-2015, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't even remember what title it was exactly. But maybe just something that includes Carol?
Old 10-25-2015, 02:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Because Carol is life.

S T A R D U S T
Old 10-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 10-25-2015, 06:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

It could be that line from the poster about how someone can change your life, etc, and then just end with #Carol
S T A R D U S T
Old 10-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

BO AND LAUREN ARE ENDGAME, BITCHES!
seriously, this should be our title
we've only waited 5 years for this.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 10-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura hollis (View Post)
Ha! Yes, I thought of you when I saw the spoilers for that tonight. I was sure they would get them together at the last second again, since there was no other ship left standing. I saw the last Doccubus scene on Tumblr, but I haven't seen the whole ep. In fact, I stopped watching after 510. Guess I'll watch the last few eps now, since I suffered through the rest of it.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

that scene was so fanfic-y and cringe worthy but I don't really care. bo and lauren are together and dyson got absolutely nothing. oh, and tamsin died. yes. basically all that I ever wished for

and now that one of my ships FINALLY made it and were endgame, guess the door is now open for root and shaw next year. it's looking very likely at this point

also, sorry I introduced you to lost girl and you will now have to endure its final episodes. they were really bad

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 10-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

@ Bo/Lauren. Haven't watched LG in a few years but they were always my favourite.

Also this Tumblr post is seriously everything. I was so excited for Quantico but it's portrayal of the LGBTQ community is horrible.

Quote:
the way quantico is handling lgbt+ rep so far is just kinda terrible tbh

you introduce one of your main characters as being gay in the pilot (who is also jewish and also the first openly gay fbi recruit, both of which are a big deal) and then five episodes in you go “SIKE! he’s actually straight as an arrow and now we’re gonna hook him up with one of the twins! lolololol”

you have your only other confirmed gay character act stalkerish and obsessive every week and basically being the ~aggressive predatory gay~ stereotype who wont back off after being turned down. his suspicions of simon turned out to be correct, but let’s not forget that it all started because he was rejected.

you have your initial season promos after the premier showing a caleb/shelby sex scene, an alex/ryan sex scene, and a blink-and-you-miss-it kiss between elias and someone who appears to be simon (but we know now it was max). however, after that first round of promo in the beginning, the gay kiss doesn’t appear in further promo material despite the fact that the two straight sex scenes are still promoted ad nauseam, in every preview. every. single. week. even when they weren’t relevant to the episodes being promoted.

when the much hyped ~sexiest episode ever~ (which…it wasn’t really but ok whatever) finally arrives, the two aforementioned straight sex scenes get a whole episode of frankly exhausting, cringeworthy buildup that finally boils over in two long, drawn-out scenes. meanwhile the gay kiss from that first promo? was cut from the episode completely. well i guess that explains it’s complete disappearance from promos then.

instead we get elias making a vague reference to having “done something to a man recently” (which btw was just ???? like, you do know you can say “sex” at 10 pm on abc, right?), insinuating that he had sex with max while simon was away.

on the plus side, a character actually said the word “bisexual”, so hey that’s a positive i guess.

this show does a lot of things right, but it’s also doing this one thing so wrong right now. i’m willing to give them a little benefit of the doubt based on the fact that it’s still early days, and maybe there’s more going on that we haven’t seen yet with regards to simon and his sexuality, but so far it’s just…weird and disappointing.

we never go out of style
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 10-25-2015, 09:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura hollis (View Post)
that scene was so fanfic-y and cringe worthy but I don't really care. bo and lauren are together and dyson got absolutely nothing. oh, and tamsin died. yes. basically all that I ever wished for

and now that one of my ships FINALLY made it and were endgame, guess the door is now open for root and shaw next year. it's looking very likely at this point

also, sorry I introduced you to lost girl and you will now have to endure its final episodes. they were really bad
But you warned me not to get too invested, so I never did. So when people were hyperventilating over Bo/Lauren breaking up again a few eps ago (which I never bothered watching), I was like, "They have no place left to go, of course they'll duct tape them back together at the last second." And...yep. That scene was horribly written though. "I, human, Lauren Lewis..."??? OMG.

And dead Tamsin on top of it all.

You're totally getting Root and Shaw (which I still have to watch). I keep telling the shipping gods that if I can just have Cophine, I'll scoop them up and happily retire from shipping forever more. (And I think it may be true, since I hadn't shipped since Willow/Tara before Cophine.) Universe, just give me this one little thing and I'll rest in peace. I mean, if LG came through after all that crap....
Old 10-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2015, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Reynolds (View Post)
Also this Tumblr post is seriously everything. I was so excited for Quantico but it's portrayal of the LGBTQ community is horrible.
I haven't seen the latest episode, but I'm still really liking Quantico.

If Simon were actually gay it would've been great but who didn't see that being a lie miles away? Aside from the first scene you see of him there's been absolutely nothing to suggest that he is gay and everything to suggest he is straight. He's also super shifty so I'm unsurprised that he was lying to everyone about that as well. I don't think that Simon is a negative portrayal of the LGBTQ community but rather a negative portrayal of the heteronormative. I mean, unless it does turn out that Simon IS actually gay.

Sadly Elias isn't great representation. Though I feel like he acts the way he does towards Simon not because he was rejected but because he's offended that Simon is pretending to be gay when he's straight.

I also feel like we're supposed to dislike every character except Alex and Ryan (Their romantic storyline bores me). I wish Alex/Shelby would become a thing but sadly that is never going to happen.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Ugh Simon. I just wish we could get some good actual Queer rep on the show. Other then fakers and stalkers.

Wait Alex/Shelby aren't canon?

Also Gus is like the love of my life atm

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 10-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Is the original creator even in charge of LG anymore? I bet that's why Doccubus finally got a real shot.

savannah · (c)
Old 10-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Is the original creator in charge of LG anymore? I bet that's why Doccubus finally got a real shot.
nope. she left like in season 2? and never came back. they were endgame because doccubus is pretty much the reason why the show became a thing in the first place.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]