Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You definitely will

One missing soulmate
Old 06-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliza (View Post)
Och, I really wish season 3 didn't happen. It totally changed my aproach towards Cosima and then the whole year without an answer made me a little indifferent for Cophine, but love for Delphine is definetely still there so just seeing her would be great.
the only things i would TRULY change about s3 would be to delete castor, shay, and shaysima. obvs the lack of shay would dramatically change cosima and delphine's storylines, but everything ELSE i could totally be fine with. you know?
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Did anyone else notice that a significant portion of the fandom just cracked after last night's episode? I saw a lot of anger and negativity and, well, tantrums, that Delphine didn't show up last night. It was...odd. I guess I didn't actually expect her to show up last night (though I wanted a big clue about where she was), so I disappointed by not egregiously so. But some people...damn. I just found it strange that THAT was the breaking point for some.

In any case, the fandom is unpleasant except for here. It's been that way for a long time, but it hit new levels of nope for me last night.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosimasWeed (View Post)
Did anyone else notice that a significant portion of the fandom just cracked after last night's episode? I saw a lot of anger and negativity and, well, tantrums, that Delphine didn't show up last night. It was...odd. I guess I didn't actually expect her to show up last night (though I wanted a big clue about where she was), so I disappointed by not egregiously so. But some people...damn. I just found it strange that THAT was the breaking point for some.

In any case, the fandom is unpleasant except for here. It's been that way for a long time, but it hit new levels of nope for me last night.
yeah, i saw a lot of that too. people were acting like the writers had said delphine was 100% gonna show up in 408 or that it was the season finale and we still hadn't seen delphine or something. like, i get it, no one is more frustrated than i with ob, but people were being ridiculous.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I still haven't seen season 4 and I when I will, I probably will like Cosima again I hope so
Wait ... what??? How are you not watching season 4. Now I'm going to sound like a silly fangirl, but ... it's really good! you must watch!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol, that's not silly at all, I recently got all proud of myself cause a classmate started watching the show because of me His favorite is Cosima, obviously, and he was like "she and that blonde woman are the couple, right?" and I was like "YES AND PLEASE KNOW THAT DELPHINE IS *NOT* EVIL OR SHADY OR WHATEVER SHE'S THE BEST", and this is why I can't tell people to watch stuff, because then I need them to love my favorites
Old 06-03-2016, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosimasWeed (View Post)

Oh yeah, people were PISSED. I think that if episode eight hadn't traditionally been a really good episode for Cosima and Delphine then the expectations wouldn't have been so high. But given that it really did feel like the episodes up until last night's were building up to something good happening with Delphine I can't say I don't see where they're all coming from.

To top it off, instead of getting Delphine they got more Donnie. It was like rubbing salt into a wound.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
the only things i would TRULY change about s3 would be to delete castor, shay, and shaysima. obvs the lack of shay would dramatically change cosima and delphine's storylines, but everything ELSE i could totally be fine with. you know?
The best thing in s3 was Delphine. Actually third season made me love her even more and I didn't know that is even possible. I detached myself so much from the show, I forgot how badass, determinated and just perfect she was last season But they still could do that without Shay storyline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Wait ... what??? How are you not watching season 4. Now I'm going to sound like a silly fangirl, but ... it's really good! you must watch!
Yeah, well. I decided long time ago I am not watching until they say Delphine is alive (drama) and after that I think I've been just busy (though I always found some time to stare in Shoot gifs - priorities ). But I read comments and I see that season 4 is really good (anyway in comparison to second and third) so definitely I will start watching soon

About people's reaction. I have a hypothesis that due to everything that have happened during this year, people need a happy ending or something else that will soothe their souls more than ever. In relation to that they stoped thinking rationally or control their emotions and then we've got these irrational behaviors. I am definitely not defending anyone, I am just thinking
Old 06-04-2016, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think a lot of people expected it to be this episode. After a year of waiting, of the show leading us on that if it was going to be any episode it would be this one. There's only so much anger you can keep at bay if you've been waiting that long.

If Delphine doesn't come back this season it's only going to get worse.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
About people's reaction. I have a hypothesis that due to everything that have happened during this year, people need a happy ending or something else that will soothe their souls more than ever. In relation to that they stoped thinking rationally or control their emotions and then we've got these irrational behaviors. I am definitely not defending anyone, I am just thinking
Yeah this is a really valid point. The death trope while having been around forever is obviously not new but it does feel like it is happening more and more, seemingly all at once. I don't want to negate any of these deaths as being less than others but in particular there have been two HUGE fan favourites (Lexa/Root) in the past few months that have fallen foul of the trope and that has to be embittering for anyone who's aware of these deaths even if they don't follow the show or said character.

The current fulfilment of the trope is splitting fandoms at the seams and spilling into others where it won't necessarily happen and I'd put this as the number one factor as to why people are getting irrationally impatient because we have no guarantees even now that Delphine is ok or will play a part in the season. Sarah making a point to say if Delphine's alive they'd save her, was enough for me because it is a sign that something will happen before the season is out, they included it for reason so I will wait, but I understand why some are jumping the gun a little.

Bottomline is that there aren't many LGBT characters to find joy in and the pool is narrowing. Is it any wonder fans are clinging fiercely to the few characters they have left?

And god help OB if they introduce Shay into the season before Delphine. **** is going to fly.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
lmao, i didn't watch s4 at all until 408. it's remarkably easy to drop something when it pisses you off.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-04-2016, 05:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Bottomline is that there aren't many LGBT characters to find joy in and the pool is narrowing. Is it any wonder fans are clinging fiercely to the few characters they have left?
Definitely not and it is very sad. Hell! Few days ago I behaved irrationally situation was obviously different and reason was valid, just some spoken words were caused more by emotions and hurt than anything else.

I just think people have to be alert and remember to not trust anyone (seriously, what tv shows have done to us). I've been burnt enough times to understand that we us an audience just don't know what will happen and even if all signs in the heavens and earth tell us "yes, this will end good because a, b, c and d" you still need to look at it with a grain of salt.

And even if OB decided to keep Delphine alive this doesn't change any of the choices they made before that, any words they said during the hiatus and that is enough to not trust them completely ever.

PS I love, love, love your avatar. One of my favourites Root's faces in season 5 and I need to change mine asap, because it looks like I am grieving over Delphine, when actually I changed it before 3x10 even aired, my avatar jinxed it or smth.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
I think a lot of people expected it to be this episode. After a year of waiting, of the show leading us on that if it was going to be any episode it would be this one. There's only so much anger you can keep at bay if you've been waiting that long.

If Delphine doesn't come back this season it's only going to get worse.
Oh, yeah, there is definitely seething anger out there that's, very rightfully, ready to blow. I was just surprised to see a mini-explosion on Thursday night, but that's because I hadn't really been expecting Delphine to show up in that ep. But people came out of that episode like a drunken crowd coming out of a football stadium after their team lost...and just started ripping each other apart.

This has been a horrible year for queer women on TV, and I'm just praying that something majorly positive happens on the Delphine front in 409 because people as surly as hell. People desperately need a happy ending.

Last edited by CosimasWeed; 06-04-2016 at 12:19 PM
Old 06-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosimasweed (View Post)
people desperately need a happy ending.
yes
Old 06-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
it's remarkably easy to drop something when it pisses you off.
yep.

Quote:
people desperately need a happy ending.
yes, but their journey is already tainted for me, though, so I'm not sure it's going to make much of a difference other than counting for a statistic.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]