Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

nothing about OB but she is fangirling over a casting director in the video I posted, saying she wants to take her to montreal and party with her and be her buddy

bb your chest scar is so hot let me kiss it

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

That vid of her fangirling over a casting director is adorable...and very smart. Well played, Evelyne. Well played.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

she is the perfect woman, to be honest. like, how is she even real? I've never been more jealous of fans meeting a celebrity before. and that includes you, cosimasweed . lucky bastard.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]

Last edited by danvers; 09-11-2013 at 02:35 PM
Old 09-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

I am DONE. 5000000000000% DONE.

S T A R D U S T
Old 09-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Her face . HER FACE.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 324B21 (View Post)
she is the perfect woman, to be honest. like, how is she even real? I've never been more jealous of fans meeting a celebrity before. and that includes you, cosimasweed . lucky bastard.
Oh, I'm sure she sometimes annoys the hell out of friends and family, just like the rest of us. She's just prettier than most while she does it.

So, Tom At the Farm was outstanding. This was the third Xavier Dolan film I've seen, but it is by far his best (though I really liked the others). EB doesn't appear until an hour into it, but she really propels things. Her character, Sarah, is a departure from her other screen roles. She is very assertive and, for a bit, the only character who is thinking clearly about the disturbing situation Tom finds himself in. She's also quite funny. Sarah is a beard for Tom's dead lover, Francis, and her reactions to finding out the details that have been constructed about her fake self--she loves pasta, she speaks four languages, she smokes (the only true thing, though she denies it at first)--provide much needed tension relief.

One thing that cracked me up because of this thread: EB is first shown in a photo kissing Francis with full tongue. Her streak continues, if only in still form.

I met Evelyne very briefly as she left for the after party. She was very kind, gracious and attentive. She's also rather soft spoken, even slightly shy. I had introduced myself when I first approached her and, as she left, she said, "It was so nice to meet you, (my name)." First of all, kudos for paying attention to my name and repeating it back. Second...she said it with a French accent (my name lends itself to a French pronunciation, but still). Le sigh.

Later in the evening, I came out of another screening and started walking around looking for someplace to eat. It was midnight and the hoopla of TIFF had quieted a bit. I was alone on a corner, waiting for the crosswalk light, when a group approached from the other side of the street. I was looking at my phone and just stepped to the side to let them by. They stood with me waiting for the opposing light. I finally looked up and noticed that Evelyne was standing right beside me. She was still in her black dress from the TATF premiere, but she had ditched her heels and was walking in stockings. Just then the light turned and off they went. If she'd stood there longer I may have spoken to her again, but as it was she was walking away with friends and I wasn't going to intrude since I'd already met her. I happened to be going in the same direction and actually hesitated because I felt stalkerish! It was completely random but I felt guilty! Lol I continued where I was going, but hung way back. They soon arrived at their hotel, laughing and having a good time. I finally found food.

So, there you go...my brief insignificant encounters with Evelyne Brochu.

Last edited by CosimasWeed; 09-11-2013 at 04:10 PM
Old 09-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

so incredibly jealous of your experience. sounds like you had a great time

Quote:
One thing that cracked me up because of this thread: EB is first shown in a photo kissing Francis with full tongue. Her streak continues, if only in still form.
yeah. I need to watch this asap. for science.

I am not familiar with dolan's work yet but that needs to change. I'm hearing great things about TATF.

thanks for sharing

ETA... DIMPLES

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]

Last edited by danvers; 09-11-2013 at 04:31 PM
Old 09-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ugh I'm so jealous, I would have loved to meet Evelyne!
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

we're going to need a new thread soon
are we using that "enchantee. it's a delphine thing" title?

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Yes!

Evelyne seems to be so busy lately!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 09-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

TIFF is a huge deal for her. she was there every single day so bb must be tired. but she still has a week off (supposedly) before OB S2 kicks off so hopefully she'll get some rest.

or maybe fly to vancouver and wait for me at the airport so we can live happily ever after.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 324B21 (View Post)
we're going to need a new thread soon
are we using that "enchantee. it's a delphine thing" title?
YES. That title is perfect.

Let's kill this.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

let's

EB approves

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

You opening twisty?