Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was not here when you all discussed that. But I thought it would be a great plot twist to have Red Queen to be Anastasia last episode and this episode it happened

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 10-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

What red queen is she? If this is set at the same time as OUAT when Cora left she took over as the red queen of what?
Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
What red queen is she? If this is set at the same time as OUAT when Cora left she took over as the red queen of what?
Wonderland.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 10-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ You don't say.

I meant of what card... >.<
Old 10-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Absolute Fan

The Red Queen is, as I said elsewhere, based on the Queen Chess piece, not a card Suit.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

But isn't it off the cards? Like the Queen of Hearts is Cora and that's a card right? I assumed as this queen wears red, she's meant to symbolize a card suit?

Then again, I didn't even know it was set at the same time.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Then again, I didn't even know it was set at the same time.
It can't be because they said that Mad Hatter has been gone a long time. So I think it is few years after Cora left with Hook and the curse hit. Jeffersson was in there when the curse took him to Storybrooke.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 10-25-2013, 10:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I was hoping we'd actually see Kristen Baur Van Stratten's Maleficent in this episode, and was disappointed when it was just her voice.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this episode.

I was not in any way expecting Will's Anastasia to be The Red Queen, and without more information, it seems a little bit on-the-nose to me. Cora being the Queen of Hearts worked because we were introduced to her as CORA before we found out she was the QOH, and were able to understand her a little bit.

Cyrus consciously manipulating Jafar and The Red Queen was a great bit of insight into how well he knows and understands Alice, and was a great way to counter-point her resourcefulness and what she said about learning that resourcefulness from him.

I also really liked the design of the Bandersnatch and their interpretation of the creature/character of Grendel, and felt really bad for him, both when we learned his story and when Jafar killed him.

BTW, does anybody know why the show isn't airing next week?
My opinion and its a tiny one cause i just started watching last night cause robin hood from once upon a time was in it and fell in love with he red queen and the knave of hearts great characters any way my opinion is maybe they revealed the red queen as anastasia this early to soften the red queen a bit cause as of now emmas playing the red queen without a shred of humanity that even i have trouble loving her at times and i LOVE her character.i mean they did the same with regina when the showed her past with daniel in season 1. I for one am grateful the revealed it last night cause i hated hating emma/the red queen
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Absolute Fan

It's been said repeatedly by the PTBs that OUaTiW's present-day events take place post-Dark Curse, and we saw Will in Storybrooke in the pilot .

Also, since my 'The Red Queen is based off of a chess piece' statement has still not been understood, here's a breakdown:
In a deck of Playing Cards, you have four Suits: Spades, Clubs, Hearts, and Diamonds.

Each Suit contains the following cards: an Ace, a Two, a Three, a Four, a Five, a Six, a Seven, an Eight, a Nine, a Ten, a Jack (also called a Knave), a Queen, and a King.

In Chess, there are 32 pieces falling into six categories: King, Queen, Rook (or castle), Knight (or horse), and Pawn.

Most Chess sets have gone to a standard Black and White color scheme, but, at one point in history, the colors were Red and White (hence Lewis Carroll basing the characters of the Red and White Queens off of the Queen chess piece).

Last edited by DigificWriter; 10-25-2013 at 10:26 AM
Old 10-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeLove. (View Post)
It can't be because they said that Mad Hatter has been gone a long time. So I think it is few years after Cora left with Hook and the curse hit. Jeffersson was in there when the curse took him to Storybrooke.
That's what I thought but Digific said I was wrong and that it's set at the same time.

It makes sense that it's set in present day though, because when Will was in Storybrooke in episode one, the others had gone to find Henry. He then went back to get Alice. So is it or isn't set at the same time?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Absolute Fan

^ Like I said, Adam and Eddy have repeatedly stated that the present-day events of OUaTiW are set after Regina cast the Dark Curse and pulled most of the inhabitants of The Enchanted Forest, as well as Jefferson, Frankenstein, and possibly Will/The Knave to our world.

We also know that the original cut of Down the Rabbit Hole featured Will interacting with the inhabitants of Storybrooke as they were dealing with the destruction caused by the Wraith (as seen in the OUaT Season 2 premiere, Broken)
Old 10-25-2013, 10:40 AM
MST Manager

Good to see the positive comments.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well I don't know about down the rabbit hole, but I'm pretty sure the Storybrooke scene in episode one was after the curse was broken and they're in Neverland getting Henry.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Absolute Fan

Episode 1 IS Down the Rabbit Hole, and the original cut of the episode set the Storybrooke scene with Will during the Wraith attack in Broken.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

And where was that cut?