Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-08-2015, 03:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl44 (View Post)
Must be a Crane marital trait

Also I noticed they both have a tendency to do the "No no no no." in certain situations.

Quote:
Yeah, she knew how that was going to go down. But you know what? I felt less care toward Abraham from her in this episodes despite her fighting for him. And I felt less jealousy from Ichabod in regards to it. Did anyone else get that sense?
Hmm.. well I felt there was a lot of acknowledgment of Katrina's guilt.. that that's why she's doing this. Or at least that it's a huge factor. I guess he's less jealous with that in mind.
I think Katrina's guilt is still strong though. I hope she comes to see that this was not her fault. That Abraham made his choices.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Must be a Crane marital trait

Yeah, she knew how that was going to go down. But you know what? I felt less care toward Abraham from her in this episodes despite her fighting for him. And I felt less jealousy from Ichabod in regards to it. Did anyone else get that sense?
Yes. I didn't feel like she cares much about Abraham. It was about saving a soul/life and her guilt. For Ichabod, I didn't see a lot of jealousy, it was more about disagreeing with the action plan.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)

Also I noticed they both have a tendency to do the "No no no no." in certain situations.
They do! Seems our lovely Crane's have many of the same ticks guess that's developed over those ten years of being all up over eachother

Quote:
Hmm.. well I felt there was a lot of acknowledgment of Katrina's guilt.. that that's why she's doing this. Or at least that it's a huge factor. I guess he's less jealous with that in mind.
I think Katrina's guilt is still strong though. I hope she comes to see that this was not her fault. That Abraham made his choices.
Yeah, her guilt was very prominent and it's not like she said one thing to one and anothe to the other. She admitted her guilt to both. I don't know, after rewatching it, I don't see anything to indicate more than that. She wants to alleviate her guilt with Abraham.

Two hundred years ago, I don't think she would have felt this way, all the guilt. She knew it wasn't her fault but still felt for Abraham plight. Her time in purgatory has made her more vulnerable now and I still think she's just looking for a mission. Even Ichabod was looking for a purpose when he had nothing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteLunatic (View Post)
Yes. I didn't feel like she cares much about Abraham. It was about saving a soul/life and her guilt. For Ichabod, I didn't see a lot of jealousy, it was more about disagreeing with the action plan.
There was just a lot less emotion all the way around to me maybe they've just all had time to calm down and take a breath and think things through a little better.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
They do! Seems our lovely Crane's have many of the same ticks guess that's developed over those ten years of being all up over eachother

Yeah, her guilt was very prominent and it's not like she said one thing to one and anothe to the other. She admitted her guilt to both. I don't know, after rewatching it, I don't see anything to indicate more than that. She wants to alleviate her guilt with Abraham.

Two hundred years ago, I don't think she would have felt this way, all the guilt. She knew it wasn't her fault but still felt for Abraham plight. Her time in purgatory has made her more vulnerable now and I still think she's just looking for a mission. Even Ichabod was looking for a purpose when he had nothing to do.

There was just a lot less emotion all the way around to me maybe they've just all had time to calm down and take a breath and think things through a little better.
If Ichabod hadn't left Katrina on her own for 6 weeks, if they had talked things out and settled their differences right after Moloch was killed, then maybe Katrina would not have spent 6 weeks in constant contact with Abraham and falling deeper into her guilt mode over what happend to Bram.

But this is just a bump in the road for the Cranes, they have to have some kind of drama and angst for them, it's just the standard mode of operation for tv shows.

For some reason, writers and producers feel that they cannot have a stable and loving couple portrayed on tv, they always throw in some drama.

I'm an old timer, I remember those old tv shows back in the 70's like Hart to Hart and McMillan and Wife, etc where the married couples loved each other and had such a great vibe and presence while solving crimes, and there was never any type of romantic triangle crap to deal with.

Oh well, this is a different era, there always has to be some type of shipper issues in every tv show.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieM1994 (View Post)
If Ichabod hadn't left Katrina on her own for 6 weeks, if they had talked things out and settled their differences right after Moloch was killed, then maybe Katrina would not have spent 6 weeks in constant contact with Abraham and falling deeper into her guilt mode over what happend to Bram.
Yes. He really shouldn't have left her alone that long. It leaves too much time to dwell and she's had enough of that

But, yeah, tv never leaves anything alone for long. Just about all shows have a bit of soap operaish material going on.

x

"You have more kindness in your little finger
than most people possess in their whole body.”

Last edited by countrygirl44; 01-08-2015 at 11:06 AM
Old 01-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Very true.
And what the hell did Katrina do for 6 weeks alone in the cabin? Watch TV? Grocery shopping? She's been in purgatory for 231 years, she's from another time, was she left on her own in the cabin?
Old 01-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
throws all the awards at this statement.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Extreme Fan

You know. you're exactly right. I just rewtched that first scene with Katrina and Abraham and she says and I quote "I've had time to think of the past Abraham. How you, Ichabod, and I ended up on opposite sides in this war."

She's had time to think. Now, who's fault is that!? Sitting alone in that blasted cabin dwelling again because she has nothing else to do and no one to talk to. Gah, I want to smack Ichabod so hard!

And I want to say again. She's not even speaking to Abraham in the same tone as she was before. She's almost formal with him. From the way she stands, to the way she speaks.

"I'll be taking leave now, Abraham." So formal.

And as he's shocked to learn she's working on a way to help him, it doesn't seem like they've had many conversations. My worry is lessening the more I watch this episode.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And I want to say again. She's not even speaking to Abraham in the same tone as she was before. She's almost formal with him. From the way she stands, to the way she speaks.

"I'll be taking leave now, Abraham." So formal.

And as he's shocked to learn she's working on a way to help him, it doesn't seem like they've had many conversations. My worry is lessening the more I watch this episode.
I really believe she has latched onto the idea of saving Abraham because it is something concrete. Just like Ichabod was off chasing rumors of demons, she was off trying to find something to distract her as well. Abraham is the only person in the entire world, other than Ichabod, that Katrina has any connection to. She doesn't even know if Henry is alive right now. She knows she can go to Abraham at any time. She knows she can talk to Abraham. What does she know about Ichabod? Nothing. He's been maintaining a separation from her. As screwed up as it is, Abraham is more real to her than Ichabod. That isn't about love or care, it's desperation for something solid in her life, a life that has been riddled with transient and fleeting interactions for entirely too long.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperholmes (View Post)
I really believe she has latched onto the idea of saving Abraham because it is something concrete. Just like Ichabod was off chasing rumors of demons, she was off trying to find something to distract her as well. Abraham is the only person in the entire world, other than Ichabod, that Katrina has any connection to. She doesn't even know if Henry is alive right now. She knows she can go to Abraham at any time. She knows she can talk to Abraham. What does she know about Ichabod? Nothing. He's been maintaining a separation from her. As screwed up as it is, Abraham is more real to her than Ichabod. That isn't about love or care, it's desperation for something solid in her life, a life that has been riddled with transient and fleeting interactions for entirely too long.
Yes! That's exactly it! Ah, this woman. She needs a freaking hug, Ichabod! And not one of those end of the world hugs on instinct, but a random, 'just because I love you' hug. He needs to wrap his skinny arms around her and whisper with his big obnoxious, always right, mouth that he loves her despite her flaws. Ugh! She's finally in the real world and yet still so alone
Old 01-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I guess so.

Quote:
Yeah it was consistent and I do think that's the truth. Along with some other things that have nothing to do with feelings for Abraham.

Quote:
I wonder when she discovered who he's become. I don't think we found that out..?

Quote:
Ah, very true. I know Ichabod deserved to think through some things alone, but Katrina went through a lot before purgatory, in purgatory, and after purgatory. And then she was left alone for six weeks in a world that's very new to her. She's managed to do alright, but she's still alone. Nobody to really talk to.

And so she then plunged into 'work'.. witchcraft, something she knows and can do something with.

Quote:
But this is just a bump in the road for the Cranes, they have to have some kind of drama and angst for them, it's just the standard mode of operation for tv shows.
Yeah, that's the way of shows. They can't just let them be happy.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah it was consistent and I do think that's the truth. Along with some other things that have nothing to do with feelings for Abraham.
Yep. I believed her. Regardless of the secrets she kept, she's really not a straight up liar. And yeah, she's got some emotional issues that she needs help with for sure and there's really only one person who can help her. Hopefully Ichabod can see that soon.

Quote:
I wonder when she discovered who he's become. I don't think we found that out..?
Who Abraham? I assume it's between the Pilot and John Doe. Something must have happened in that time to alert her suspicions because she wasn't sure in John Doe. She said she believed she knew why she was there.

Quote:
Ah, very true. I know Ichabod deserved to think through some things alone, but Katrina went through a lot before purgatory, in purgatory, and after purgatory. And then she was left alone for six weeks in a world that's very new to her. She's managed to do alright, but she's still alone. Nobody to really talk to.

And so she then plunged into 'work'.. witchcraft, something she knows and can do something with.
Witchcraft is her hobby. Its what people do when they are alone and have no one to talk to. She did talk about it in Heartless as just another role. It's certainly not enough to keep her company while she tries to deal with her new life, her husbands doubt, her son's disappearance, and her ex tied up in a dungeon with little humanity left.

Last edited by countrygirl44; 01-08-2015 at 11:57 PM
Old 01-09-2015, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yep. I believed her. Regardless of the secrets she kept, she's really not a straight up liar. And yeah, she's got some emotional issues that she needs help with for sure and there's really only one person who can help her. Hopefully Ichabod can see that soon.
I wish he'd at least told her.. you know, 'this is not our/your fault.'

Quote:
Who Abraham? I assume it's between the Pilot and John Doe. Something must have happened in that time to alert her suspicions because she wasn't sure in John Doe. She said she believed she knew why she was there.
Yeah, Abraham. The first time we heard her acknowledge that Abraham was the headless horseman was in the S1 finale. And then I guess people assumed she knew all along and didn't tell Ichabod. But I'd be curious to know when she did find out.

Quote:
Witchcraft is her hobby. Its what people do when they are alone and have no one to talk to. She did talk about it in Heartless as just another role. It's certainly not enough to keep her company while she tries to deal with her new life, her husbands doubt, her son's disappearance, and her ex tied up in a dungeon with little humanity left.
It's definitely not enough.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I wish he'd at least told her.. you know, 'this is not our/your fault.'
I agree, all of this stuff going on is really no one's fault, it's what happens when people are involved in trying to avert The Apocalypse.

And it really is Ichabod's fault that there is this distance between husband and wife, Katrina probably wanted to talk right after the Moloch/Henry thing, but Ichabod seemed to want to punish her in some way by staying away from her. Bad Ichabod!

Not talking things out is so typical of many men, how in the world do they expect things to be resolved if they don't talk about those issues with their loved ones?

But I think things will start improving between those two soon.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I agree, all of this stuff going on is really no one's fault, it's what happens when people are involved in trying to avert The Apocalypse.

And it really is Ichabod's fault that there is this distance between husband and wife, Katrina probably wanted to talk right after the Moloch/Henry thing, but Ichabod seemed to want to punish her in some way by staying away from her. Bad Ichabod!

Not talking things out is so typical of many men, how in the world do they expect things to be resolved if they don't talk about those issues with their loved ones?

But I think things will start improving between those two soon.
I just love reading everyone's thoughts and comments.