Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I LOVED THIS EPISODE!
Back on track after a not so powerful episode 1.02 for me. Here is a short review from me, very shorter than the usual.

I really liked the character of Jennifer Mills, I love her attitude. Her meeting with Ichabod and her resentment towards Abbie.
I really loved seeing the flashbacks of when Jennifer and Abbie when they were younger. Abbie is a very damaged character, we found out that more and more each week.

I love that she's slowly opening up to Ichabod about private manners, Ichabod just always gets her to open up more than she wants to. Thus far, the relationship between Ichabod/Abbie, is a great one to watch unfold and grow.

I really loved how much more we got to see of Captian Frank Irving this week. I actually really enjoyed him in this episode.

One more finale comment, Ichabod/Abbie they are my ship now! I love their friendship so much, but now... man this episode was so great for them. I love these two, this is my duo of the year.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I loved this episode a lot more than the 2nd episode!

I loved that Abbie/Ichabod moments(which is basically the entire show, lbr ) -- How he didn't hesitate to drink that green/blue stuff right after that carsale men guy mentioned Abbie was in danger of dying. So ride or die after only 3 episodes, guys. Haha. Also, how he was afraid for her when he heard the gunshots in the house but he trusted her enough to be handle the hostage situation on her own.

I also like Jenny, too! She is pretty interesting. I don't know if I'd want her to be a main character or not though.

And the Sandman thing creeped me the hell out. This show is going to give me nightmares. Next weeks looks crazy good, too!

I don't understand why Abbie's ex was in this episode, tbh. And where was Katrina? Where is she when she is not in Ichabod's dreams?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 09-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)

I don't understand why Abbie's ex was in this episode, tbh.
What I got from that scene, is that Captain Irving knows more then he let's off.
We'll probably see Luke more in the future with a bigger role?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I don't understand why Abbie's ex was in this episode, tbh. And where was Katrina? Where is she when she is not in Ichabod's dreams?
This. I was expecting Luke to try and play hero at the hostage scene since Irving told him to meet him there. However, when we got to that scene the ex-boyfriend was nowhere to be seen. I also thought Katrina would show up in the dream world, but there was no sign of her either. Maybe she didn't show because it was Abbie's dream, not Cranes?

I was hoping to get some interaction between the sisters besides the flashbacks. However, I did enjoy the backstory we got on their relationship.

Crane and Abbie are so awesome! I enjoyed every single one of their scenes. I really liked their Thank You/ You're Welcome scene at the end and that Crane refused to let Abbie go into the unknown alone.

Experience the Legacy
Old 09-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm -- maybe he had other scenes but they were cut for some reason? Also, they have to find some way to incorporate Katrina into the show more if she's a regular. These "showing up in Ichabod's dreams" encounters will get old fast.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked Jenny

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I LOVEDDDD this episode a lot.

First off, Jenny is amazing. I can't wait to see more of her interacting with Crane and Abbie ofc.

How amazing was Nicole in this episode? I'm more and more in awe of her. There was so much going on in this episode, and she really carried it.

Crane/Abbie scenes, he didn't want her to go there alone I'm loving this Crane/Abbie/Irving dynamic where he doesn't want to know what they do but still lets them do it
Old 09-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I LOVEDDDD this episode a lot.

First off, Jenny is amazing. I can't wait to see more of her interacting with Crane and Abbie ofc.

How amazing was Nicole in this episode? I'm more and more in awe of her. There was so much going on in this episode, and she really carried it.

Crane/Abbie scenes, he didn't want her to go there alone I'm loving this Crane/Abbie/Irving dynamic where he doesn't want to know what they do but still lets them do it
I love Ichabod's relationship with Jenny. I hope Jenny calls him "Icky" as a term of endearment and not being mean in the future.

I loved everything in this episode.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 09-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

YES to her calling him Icky. I love that he didn't even bat an eyelash at that comment
Old 09-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Enjoyed this episode very much.

Loved every minute of it.

A lot better than last week's.

Next episode looks even better!

Diana
Old 09-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
YES to her calling him Icky. I love that he didn't even bat an eyelash at that comment
Yes!

I agree this episode was a little better than last week's. But the pilot has been my favorite so far. I'm sad that we didn't get to see Katrina.

April
Old 09-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes!

I agree this episode was a little better than last week's. But the pilot has been my favorite so far. I'm sad that we didn't get to see Katrina.

April
Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think this episode was a bit better than the Pilot. More character-driven.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I think this episode was a bit better than the Pilot. More character-driven.
It was but I really did love both episodes. I may just have to go with a tie....I can't choose!
Old 10-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Another excellent episode, and one that introduced some really intriguing potentially recurring characters.

I'm glad we got more information on Abbie and Jenny's relationship and what happened to both of them in the aftermath of their paranormal experience, and am hoping that Abbie finds her sister and that they can repair the rift between them.

I'm surprised we didn't even get a mention of Katrina this week, but her absence didn't really adversely affect the episode.

The dream demon MotW had a really neat design and concept behind it, and I really liked how that concept was used to flesh out Abbie's character and her relationship with Ichabod.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor