Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2015, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

serioussly. so much for the haters who rooted for cancellation. step to the left pls!

Old 03-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

THIS is why renewal makes me doubly happy. Tripley happy.

ONE: Because the gorgeous Tom Mison and beautiful Nicole Beharie will be back on my screen (along with awesome Orlando and lovely Lyndie)

TWO: We get to see more of their amazing interactions and phenomenal chemistry for 18 more episodes.

THREE: Because these people will be very angry.

~ I like my Schadenfreude with a dash of smug and a side of snark ~
Old 03-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebug1 (View Post)
Such amazing news! I'll be honest. I didn't think we were going to blessed with a Season 3 but what a fantastic surprise!
There is power in positivity. Don’t let anyone tell you different.

As a fandom, we rallied for the greater good of the SHOW and our efforts were recognized by the network and rewarded accordingly. Just take a moment to remember the kind words Lyndie shared in a recent interview when she talked about fans rallying on behalf of Jenny. That was us. That was our doing. Likewise, the return of Grace Dixon and the actress that plays her (Onira Tares) is also because as a fandom we asked for better representation for Abbie’s ancestors, and again, we got it. We have time and time again asked better for characters on the show besides our ship and we got it. That’s what NOT being selfish gets you. We truly love this show, not just Abbie and Ichabod and we knew that in order for the show to flourish, in order for our ship to flourish, other characters had to be acknowledged and given their proper due. I’m so happy this group of people, the whole gang will have another year of employment and security. Nicole, Tom, Lyndie and Orlando are so deserving of this. We the fans who never turned our backs, never tried to get the show canceled, deserve this. Ichabbie deserves this. Nicole deserves this. Our Darth Vader, Headless, deserves this. Season 3 can’t come fast enough.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeye, this has been a rough week in real life, wonderful news! I'm so happy. Throws confetti in the air and fist bumps all the wonderful and hard working fans who made this possible. Thanks guys. You rock!
Old 03-18-2015, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so happy to see this show got renewed!!!!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

WHOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! Were coming back for another season
Old 03-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thank goodness.
Now it's Sleepy Hollow's chance to fix all the wrongs from Season 2, and I think the writers realized it very late but luckily they have another season to fix what they messed up. I can't wait for this show to return, and thanks FOX for not giving up on it after one bad season... like you usually do.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, look, they are talking about Nirvana1 and the others! (unless one of you guys actually WROTE this!!)
The Elaine F rings a bell either as a tumblr or for writing fanfiction. Sorry for not remembering!

Anyway, either way, good work! You guys are awesome!

Seven Ways the Fandom Made Renewal Happen!

Old 03-18-2015, 06:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

And the best part is that the writers/producers are all bowing down to us on Twitter as well. Everything we said and did reached their ears and we were smart about what we focused on. We truly did the damn thing. This fandom deserves all the praise and more
Old 03-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhoney (View Post)
And the best part is that the writers/producers are all bowing down to us on Twitter as well. Everything we said and did reached their ears and we were smart about what we focused on. We truly did the damn thing. This fandom deserves all the praise and more
ABaiers of course is excited for us - he's been an awesome cheerleader and supportive exec, I have to say. And he obviously knew renewal was going to happen a while ago, and tried to keep up our spirits and enthusiam, which I appreciate.

But yeah, I did see that Metzner and Albert Kim are all cheering and tweeting jokey stuff over season three...

They are probably glad they still have jobs (though Metzner did write Weeping Lady and Awakening, so he's may get a pass from me).

Who are the "real fans" now, eh gentlemen? Hee.

Oh, and I love Clifton Campbell's twitter handle and profile. @CCInnuendo

Quote:
Television Writer-Producer, fighting the war against bad television since 1986. Creator of The Glades, and Executive Producer/showrunner of Sleepy Hollow on FOX
I like this guy already.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, we did it. All of our efforts paid off. I am just elated---so happy. We kept the faith and at times it was so hard. However, we never gave up and we've been rewarded big time. Nicole, Tom, Lyndie, Orlando, Orci, Kurtzman, Wiseman, Kadin. A new location and a new show runner--Clifton Campbell (not familiar with his work but he brings a new energy--and he along with the others bring a new direction). I hope they bring Ken Olin back also as one of the Directors (I love how he filmed the Purgatory scene in season one and the goodbye between Abbie and Ichabod with Katrina watching--IMO, that was powerful). Read the:"Seven Ways The Fandom Made Renewal Happen" (thanks HalcyconDays)and the seventh reason really resonated with me.

7. Eloquence. Judging by Twitter, Tumblr and the comments on this site, the loyal fans give smart and thoughtful arguments. They come up with more astute observations than “She’s so pretty.” Enough said. We are such an intelligent Fandom.

And I love this--Congratulations Sleepyheads! You lobbied hard for the return of our show. Have a donut hole, sip some quince tea, enjoy a little karaoke and commend yourselves for being some BAMFs.

Way to go everybody!!
Old 03-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He added on that SH bit really fast.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 03-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

I'm really glad there is a S3...... Heres hoping it doesn;t SUCK!! lol! but with our Witnesses back to where they need to be, I doubt it will!
Old 03-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

@pmiscove, the show's creator, favorited a tweet of mine tonight. So glad he saw it. As much as I love Ichabbie and the entire Witness Team, Headless needs to be around a lot more. He's our Darth Vader and shouldn't be taking a backseat to random monster of the week characters. A strong Sleepy Hollow is dependent on all the show's best characters being used to their full potential. We need Headless.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Better watch it, Blackhoney. We know your name now...we're gonna be stalking you!! Or worse - those people (the Sandra's) will stalk you.

*kidding!*

I agree about Headless - he needs to come back. I do wonder if they will bring back Abraham/Neil Jackson. I'm not against it - as long as the dead wife's name is never uttered again.

Seriously. I never want to hear that name out of anyone's lips on the show again. They get S3 episode 1 to name drop and that's it.