Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2015, 04:35 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonDays (View Post)
I see this:
Spoiler:

However, maybe the episode ends like this:
Spoiler:
I just read more comments on the site and someone said this

Spoiler:

I think his response is very telling. Now I have no idea what to think. But it would make sense. Either way they've got me hooked.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Extreme Fan

7 Things to Know About SLEEPY HOLLOW'S "Awakening"
Old 02-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Entertainment Weekly Fandom Friday: Good Katrina or Evil Katrina on 'Sleepy Hollow'? LOL!!

This article is so dead on...The truth in here is making me howl!! And very accurate too. The person who wrote it obviously knows what they are talking about! But they have given a nice comparison of the different "camps" and what their thoughts on the redhead are. Oh, and make sure you vote in the poll!!

flowerduet - somewhere else around here, I did actually think that
Spoiler:
but only if the show was officially cancelled and in the last episode. I'm not sure about having a season 3 where he
Spoiler:

~ I like my Schadenfreude with a dash of smug and a side of snark ~

Last edited by HalcyonDays; 02-15-2015 at 06:57 PM
Old 02-15-2015, 07:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

I read both articles. I think we all know Ichabbie is cool in the breeze. The Witnesses aren’t going anywhere. No matter what happens, the writers want a third season and will write them to be stronger than ever by the finale. Everyone else is fair game and I think it’s safe to say given the writer’s propensity for bad character choices this season, any number of undeserving characters may find themselves killed off no for no good reason at all. Killing off Irving or Jenny will just infuriate fans. Any death that doesn’t include Clifford will seal this show’s fate. Jenny killed off while Katrina lives. No. There will be no way for the writers (Goffman) to explain that decision. Irving killed off again… seriously? The only two logical people to go are Henry and Katrina- and Abraham if you wanna know the truth. Katrina living while another character takes the fall for her- no way. Not even the most forgiving or accommodating fan will accept that.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

TV Guide interview with Katia Winter.

Well, she's definately salty...(is that the term for it?). She also sounds a bit resigned. I'm looking forward to everyone's responses to this one...(hoo boy...)

It's not gonna be pretty.....but highly entertaining!! *rubshandstogetherinanticipation*

Old 02-16-2015, 12:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonDays (View Post)
Just voted and the Neither Katrina- Get her Out Of Here Is winning with like 187 votes!! LMAO!!!

And YES!! This article is dead on! Too many instances where Katrina has been a hindrance more than a help. I'm kinda in the NO KATRINA camp where I wouldn't mind her if she were well and truly gone, stayed in the past type gone. I don't wish her dead cause dead and gone are two different things. I really just want her gone.

Last edited by ChakotaysLover; 02-16-2015 at 12:55 AM
Old 02-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl44 (View Post)
This actually sounds interesting. It makes me want to watch. Scary really.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand Katia's frustration, but I don't really get why she's so bothered by people liking Ichabod/Abbie. I mean, maybe it's because if Abbie/Ichabod get together, she thinks her role will be significantly diminished(even more so than Katrina's role is now?) I don't know.

Also, it sounds like if there is a season three, Katia is not sure if she'll come back to the show.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

^^ This. And I don't blame her for it. Everyone wants a job, right? But look at Taraji P. Henson. She left POI voluntarily (a successful show) and now look where she is?? Empire has taken over and it doing amazing. So she should think that maybe another opportunity might be better for her.

You know she really missed a good opportunity here to endear herself to the fans and come off as non-pressed and nonchalant about the whole thing. She could have joked about Ichabbie, something like "Yeah, I want to be part of Ichabbie too, Nicole is gorgeous." or cracked about having "KatAbbie" or something. Something that showed her respecting her colleagues (as they have done - well, maybe Beharie more (hello Shady Mison and Jones) but also a sense of humour about it. She could have cracked a joke, not addressed it and brushed it off. Instead, she comes off as a bit whiny and entitled.

Same with the comments about "I did the best I could." That's really NOT going to give you high marks when you are looking for another job. I mean, the writing for House became horrible by the end (and the whole House/Cuddy thing was a mistake), but you never saw Hugh Laurie or Lisa Edelstein complain or fail to do their jobs well. They still put in lots of effort and if anything comes out about the show, it's years later, not one week before the finale.

The worst is knowing that she sat down with the writers and talked through plot points. So it's not like she didn't have input into this...so why now claiming she has no control.

It just looks bad on her and her professionalism. I wonder that whatever ideas they put in her head about being the only *STAH* on the show, but just didn't work out and she's upset (she has a right to be). But it's one think to complain about how hard the role is (training, losing weight, the physicality, the emotional turmoil), it's another to slam the writers at this point, simply because of the reputation that could/will be applied to her for that.

For the record - the EW poll of what do you prefer --> Good Katrina, Evil Katrina or NO KATRINA...

NO KATRINA for the win with 89% or the vote and increasing.

Get rid of her and Henry, and the show will bounce back. No question about it.

Last edited by HalcyonDays; 02-16-2015 at 02:08 PM
Old 02-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can understand Katia's discord with the show. It has been a yo yo game from the beginning of this season, especially for her, and not only that but her character is one of the most hated in tv history. Not sure if she's beat out Joffrey Baratheon yet but she's gotta be close. And atleast Joffrey is a character people love to hate but Katrina seems to bring on just plain discontent and negativity from everyone.

I think if she could have been handled differently, maybe kept away from the witnesses instead of plopping her right in the middle of their epic chemistry, gave her some real powers and an agenda of her own, she could have had a fighting chance, but yeah unfortunately I think too much damage has been done to clean up the mess that was made in her name. In the end she truly has become the martyr and I think the only way out of this insanity (like with most martyrs) is in the form of a sacrifice.

Not sure I believe she is as good as gone, but I do get where she's coming from. Its always a wise business decision to take the high road and stray from being negative or icy towards ones employer but its clear this experience has probably gotten the best of her. And for that I do feel some empathy.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Just so you all know: Renew Sleepy Hollow has trended worldwide! Join the Twitter campaign if you'd like. Just remember - no hashtags! Simply say 'Renew Sleepy Hollow' along with whatever else.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Starz Original Series ‘Ash Vs. Evil Dead’ Casts Jill Marie Jones - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
Old 02-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't think she would come back to the show.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Extreme Fan

The Past is Present | SLEEPY HOLLOW

Last edited by countrygirl44; 02-19-2015 at 06:41 PM
Old 02-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ooh, looks awesome. Thanks for sharing countrygirl!