Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Low Post Count Warning - Please Read

Hi everyone. As a courtesy, I wanted to let you know that this board didn’t meet the daily average number of posts to remain here last month, and as such, this board has been placed on the Low Post Count Warning List. If this board meets the daily average number of posts to remain here for the next six months, this board will be taken off this list, but if it doesn’t meet the daily average number of posts to remain here at any time within the next six months, or if it goes without a post for 48 Hours at any time within the next six months, this board will be closed. I wanted to let you all know this so you can take the steps necessary to make sure that this board remains here.

Please note that boards need to average 15 posts a day in order to remain here. Thank you.

This thread shall remain topped until this board’s 6 month probationary period is over, at which time it will be closed and de-topped by either me or a Moderator Manager.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for that

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 06-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for letting us know Jerry, hopefully we can get the numbers back up
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:29 AM
Master Fan

NO !
I dont want this board closed
Old 06-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Ugh I know that feeling ^ sorry about that :/

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

I realize that clicks and activity are wanted here, but it is the shows hiatus, therefore posts won't be as high. It will pick up again in the fall and even a month or so before.

Why not just make the required post count less (like 8) due to the hiatus. Yeah, I know, the reason above.

Now I know why people here post one word or one sentence posts that honestly seem pointless. Guess I need to do the same too.

~ I like my Schadenfreude with a dash of smug and a side of snark ~
Old 06-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonDays (View Post)
I realize that clicks and activity are wanted here, but it is the shows hiatus, therefore posts won't be as high. It will pick up again in the fall and even a month or so before.

Why not just make the required post count less (like 8) due to the hiatus. Yeah, I know, the reason above.

Now I know why people here post one word or one sentence posts that honestly seem pointless. Guess I need to do the same too.
I understand exactly how you feel, because I feel that way, too. Especially your last sentence, as I've never been all that into one word games or the like.

~Kat
Old 06-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
I understand exactly how you feel, because I feel that way, too. Especially your last sentence, as I've never been all that into one word games or the like.
Yeah, and I'll be honest, Mods. One word posts do not make these boards here look good nor inviting to someone who happens to stumble upon fanforum hoping to join the discussion. It makes them look flightly and pointless and somewhat juvenile. I get the clicks part (I assume that's what it is), but it is not a discussion at all. But in order to meet or exceed these thread post requirements, that is what ends up happening.

I moderate many threads on another board and we don't have this policy. A board can go months without a hit (example, a long over TV show with little interest) and that's alright. What we do have though is long well-thought out, intelligent and detailed discussions about everything and everything about a TV show.

Put another way - you won't get posts to respond to, because there are no posts to respond to because there is nothing of substance in said posts that would warrant a reply and lead to a discussion that would result in *drumroll* a lot of posts....

I don't mean to be picky or whatever, and I understand the need for traffic to be here, but as I said, it doesn't make the threads inviting to others if they solely consist of one word responses. Just saying.

Actually, it would be good if a mod could confirm to us WHY this policy.

In the meantime, it would be a shame to lose this board as traffic will pick up in waves, both around SDCC 2015, in August when previews of the Fall TV season roll around and when the show starts.

I guess I'll go make some one-word posts now.

~ I like my Schadenfreude with a dash of smug and a side of snark ~

Last edited by HalcyonDays; 06-05-2015 at 08:55 PM
Old 06-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Moderator Manager

We definitely like to encourage discussions, but there's no way to force people to do that. There's certain games I don't like much either, but as you mention, they do serve a purpose. Many mods choose to limit game threads to help make sure that they don't bury the discussion threads. If there are discussion threads or episode threads that you'd like to revive, please feel free to do so. I understand that it's hard to talk about anything new when it's the hiatus but it's probably just a slow month for the board as most TV shows are on a break.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

Hiatus are rough in our board we had to bear a one year hiatus, we still have the low post count warning but we are doing well, you can do it too guys

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is very positive Val And I'm glad you guys are doing well
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

My laptop is dead, and I'm working full-time currently. The show is on hiatus so it seems a little bit misguided. That being said...

I talked to some other members of the fandom who used to post often and they said the way racist comments went unchecked so much drove them off; they didn't like the environment.

But, I'll see if I can get some back in.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sleepy Hollow is dead on all fronts online. Every board has come to a standstill. It doesn't help that Tom and Nicole are so closed off either. There is nothing to talk about. We have no clues about the upcoming season at all. I suspect when we get our first clues at Comic Con next month things will pick up.

Even my emails to my source go unanswered.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everybody, long time no see.

I left the board a long time ago exactly because the racist comments went unchecked. And despite many of those posters no longer having a reason post here anymore I really doubt... that they won't find something else, some other reason to just come on here and be nasty.

They have been doing it on twitter and facebook the whole hiatus soooo without some policy in place to make it safe for everyone. Then I really see no reason why I would want to have discussions here anymore.

Sorry Nirvana1, HalycyonDays. Had a lot of fun here before things got so gross.

avi by lastisle
Old 06-22-2015, 09:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, I have seen some iffy things posted here, but I never felt this wasn't a peaceful place to post. I'll definitely be more active when there is something for us to actually discuss.

By the way, I miss the Ichatrina fans. I thought they were a hoot. They always made me laugh and laugh